Rumour mill: what's Arrma's next 1/8 car gonna be like?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very disappointed also. But also happy on the other hand. if they did make it better I would want it but can’t afford to buy it now. I’m saving up for a seedoo :):)

Disappointed, but not disappointed.

Disappointed - yeah, not a new car, just a new body. Yeah, all the cool kids are doing it, but still...

Not Disappointed - To me this is a sign Arrma and HH are still backing the 1/8 platform - Seems when the BLX4s Kraton / Outcast rumors started (yeah, I have been on that rumor mill), there was a parallel rumor that Arrma was trying to drop the 1/8 platform for the cheaper plastic chassis line (I don't get this rumor, but it is out there). So to me this is Arrma hearing that rumor and stomping on it.

Plus, not disappointed - it is a cool body!

I have compiled a parts list for anyone looking to convert their Outcast to a Notorious. The process doesn't seem to involved.

1. https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR406147

I look forward to see the conversion performed. Maybe someone can do a build log ;)

I have compiled a parts list for anyone looking to convert their Outcast to a Notorious. The process doesn't seem to involved.

1. https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR406147

I look forward to see the conversion performed. Maybe someone can do a build log ;)
Hahaha this! This is awesome. I'm waiting for all of the "I can get an Outcast (fill in the part name) from my friend. Will it work in my Outcast?"

Disappointed, but not disappointed.

Disappointed - yeah, not a new car, just a new body. Yeah, all the cool kids are doing it, but still...

Not Disappointed - To me this is a sign Arrma and HH are still backing the 1/8 platform - Seems when the BLX4s Kraton / Outcast rumors started (yeah, I have been on that rumor mill), there was a parallel rumor that Arrma was trying to drop the 1/8 platform for the cheaper plastic chassis line (I don't get this rumor, but it is out there). So to me this is Arrma hearing that rumor and stomping on it.

Plus, not disappointed - it is a cool body!
Yeah it is a cool body and I like the fact that it looks like bare metal wherever it gets scratched but I don't know why they did a teaser for it. Had they not done a teaser and just released it or announced it, I would have thought it was cool. But the fact that they did a teaser for a different body built up a lot of momentum and speculation and it seems like a huge letdown for it to be just a body.

Like you said disappointed but kind of not disappointed. I guess I shouldn't have said I was disappointed before but more let down after we were all expecting a "new" vehicle.

They should have just made it a special edition of the Outcast. Outcast:Notorious Edition. Done.
Agree 100%. A limited edition “branding” would have been more fitting.

Maybe something to look forward to in the future though. Maybe this is a paint technology they will be putting on all of the 2019 rigs. That would be kind of cool.

I like the idea of the “real steel”. Since these trucks are so tough at times it does make you wonder if they are made of steel and not plastic

Glad to see HH and Arrma are moving forward and showing the community that the Arrma line is not going anywhere along with the 1/8 scale line.

It is weird that you have vehicles in the Arrma lineup that share a name but not parts. And now you have a vehicle that has all the same parts and yet a new name. Did someone challenge Arrma to see if they could make it even more confusing?

It is weird that you have vehicles in the Arrma lineup that share a name but not parts. And now you have a vehicle that has all the same parts and yet a new name. Did someone challenge Arrma to see if they could make it even more confusing?
This actually went through my mind right away too.

I went through each standard part and compared it to the Outcast's standard parts and they are identical with the exception of the body. The trucks are identical.

When I watched the videos it didn’t seem like the front end was ballooning as much as the outcast. I thought maybe they pulled a small one on us and tuned the diffs a little different. According to the manual it’s exactly the same . They really just updated the body.

When this was getting teased I was hoping they were going to release a new motor esc combo. Based on the fact that it said “original motor works “ I though maybe they would be throwing in a long can or something cool. No such luck. I am due for a body though so why not build an entirely new rig!

I think we all need to take a step back and realize that Arrma not only update the outcast body they also updated the sticker that is on the front bumper! I wonder if that sticker will have a separate part number so I can put it on my T-Bone bumper

This exactly!

The marketing department should be ashamed of themselves, to even put an ounce of hype in this release is laughable. Of course Arrma hasn't released the official parts list, but from what I'm seeing in the exploded view the only thing different really is the body.

Heck even when Traxxas does this crap they will at least change the wheels and/or tires. Maybe a different body post. The only part I'm seeing is a body.

Sorry but this is sad.

Yeah I don't know if ARRMA realizes that their target audience (such as all us on this forum) are expecting big things after this tough year, and with that hype of the teaser and release date!! Being behind on parts and vehicles and now when we are expecting some heavy duty release to crush all others they just rebrand an existing vehicle. Hopefully they are taking notes today of the negative feedback and realize we want something NEW or at least huge upgrades to something existing!

Yeah I don't know if ARRMA realizes that their target audience (such as all us on this forum) are expecting big things after this tough year, and with that hype of the teaser and release date!! Being behind on parts and vehicles and now when we are expecting some heavy duty release to crush all others they just rebrand an existing vehicle. Hopefully they are taking notes today of the negative feedback and realize we want something NEW or at least huge upgrades to something existing!
I agree. But just a question to play devils advocate. What would you change and/or improve? Maybe better electronics (servo included)?

is it 100% confirmed that the only change is the body? Maybe they didn't update the part list on the site and they just were real lazy and copied the outcast specs. Probably not the case but who knows

Confirmed from the new manual they put out this morning
All the same except for the new body
IMG_7403.PNG
IMG_7404.PNG
IMG_7405.PNG
IMG_7406.PNG

Yea. That is disappointing.

I was going to get another Arrma rc but was waiting on this announcement. Probably will just go with the Orange Outcast.

I know we all like new stuff, but I don't get a the negativity. I do agree this was over-hyped, but ya'll are acting like this is a sign Arrma is going down the toilet. Over on FB, there are some guys really losing their s**t over this NOT being a 1/5th scale... Common, guys, get real!

Yeah, so it is a Outcast with a new body. Yeah, it was over-hyped. But it is still a (known) bad-arse truck, with a new cool body. How is this a problem?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back