Rust on screws after snow and salt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcxhub

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Notorious
Does anybody have experience about the really fast rust on all the screws after driving in snow and salt?
Maybe any liquids?

In my area is a lot of salt on the streets against the ice, so you can"t really escape it.

...and please no "don't drive there" 😛

Treat all steel parts with this while it’s apart during periodic maintenance and you won’t have any corrosion.
F4995B9F-FFC7-4234-9E0D-9B0B8868FF6C.jpeg

Works great on farm equipment and firearms too

Well u should of lubed it when u were done.. surely u didn't think u were gonna just go out n bash it in the salty snow, and not have to do any cleanup/ maintenance aferwards, cuz that would be pretty ditzy!!🤣
No no, i give him a gentle bath in shower and i dry all parts carefully. But it's always the same.
Maybe its the "more" work to do in winter 🤷
Treat all steel parts with this while it’s apart during periodic maintenance and you won’t have any corrosion.
View attachment 194397
Works great on farm equipment and firearms too
Wow, this forum is really so quick as the guys said 😅😎

Thanks man, i try to find it. I heard about a 'fluid'.
...and the plastic stuff is ok after this?

No no, i give him a gentle bath in shower and i dry all parts carefully. But it's always the same.
Maybe its the "more" work to do in winter 🤷

Wow, this forum is really so quick as the guys said 😅😎

Thanks man, i try to find it. I heard about a 'fluid'.
...and the plastic stuff is ok after this?

Yes, but it smells like death...👍

Another tip is before you go out in the wet give the car a light coat of WD40 avoiding the electronics.

I don't see why people are so scared of little surface rust, it's not going to hurt the srews in any way in the short term.
Not had much of it anyway with just having my rc dry upsidedown on the shower floor after a snow/wet bash.

I don't see why people are so scared of little surface rust, it's not going to hurt the srews in any way in the short term.
Not had much of it anyway with just having my rc dry upsidedown on the shower floor after a snow/wet bash.
Imagine what it is doing to the bearings.

. But I don't bash in winter just for this reason and plastic doesn't hold up
+1
Rusted screws are just the least part of the problem. Aren't you forgetting about all the Electrics and BB's? They are just not WP.
Better have a complete Hardware set on hand. And forget about using SS fasteners also. They are soft and weaker. Strip easily. And even some supposed SS BS Chinesium hardware will rust. Been there with my Crawlers.
I don't run in the wet. And salt absolutely will ruin your expensive rig. No getting around it. Corrosion sets in minutes everywhere.. Unreversible.
Moores Law.... If it can happen, it will happen. Always does.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Yeah that stuff and most others just makes the rig a magnet for grime and muck in the smallest critical areas. Just me.
But if running in the wet, I guess that is just a necessary evil???:unsure: A trade off to live with. I don't feel it is a 100% the answer though, as Corrosion will always set in at some point. Govern yourself accordingly.:LOL:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back