Kraton Screw Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RomeoX

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
good evening,
so i sheared some screws off of my new kraton v5 when the bumper got snagged on a jump....my question is, its known that the arrma screws tend to be on the weak side, so i bought a stainless steel kraton screw set.....only now I'm being told stainless steel screws are rubbish. Can anyone confirm? i have stainless steel in most of my traxxas stuff and have no issues. Is there a better screw kit someone can recommend?

cheers,

good evening,
so i sheared some screws off of my new kraton v5 when the bumper got snagged on a jump....my question is, its known that the arrma screws tend to be on the weak side, so i bought a stainless steel kraton screw set.....only now I'm being told stainless steel screws are rubbish. Can anyone confirm? i have stainless steel in most of my traxxas stuff and have no issues. Is there a better screw kit someone can recommend?

cheers,

Stainless screws are softer than your typical arrma screw and will bend quite a bit before they snap..

I would just try to acquire some 12.9 screws in the length you need.. 👍

Stainless screws are softer than your typical arrma screw and will bend quite a bit before they snap..

I would just try to acquire some 12.9 screws in the length you need.. 👍
thanks! i was hoping for a whole darn kit.

excellent!!! really appreciate this
excellent!!! really appreciate this
are the screws better than stock?

You can also buy screw kits from a kit breaker like Jenny’s Rc, and get all the hardware from any particular model you want. In your case I’d suggest the V5 screws kit from Jenny’s, they are currently out of stock, but there is a notify me button which works pretty well. See link below.
https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...uts-t-wrench-ara8608v5?variant=32969316237366
Ive got those already but they are stock screws, so still weak.
Ive got those already but they are stock screws, so still weak.
appreciate the help friend

good evening,

cheers,
Stainless is much weaker than the stock 12.9 grade bolts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back