Please someone talk me out of this.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Estes model rockets used to make an SR71 that flew very well. It lands with a parachute so it doesn't matter if you can't land it.

Estes model rockets used to make an SR71 that flew very well. It lands with a parachute so it doesn't matter if you can't land it.

I think I remember this:

ESTES.png

Last edited:
Talk you out of it?

No, we don't do that here. Buy it!

But in all seriousness... Just like the real SR71, they didn't stick a beginner into it with zero flight experience. They only put the best of the best in control of those, and this thing won't be much different. Talking with one of the Horizon dudes who has flown it already, they said it was a handful and they're a seasoned pilot.

I swore to myself that I would never get into Airplanes figuring I would crash the sucker on takeoff. Get an email today like many of you I'm sure EFLITE came out with the SR71 for preorder. The SR71 is one of my favorite Jets. What the hell. Ya I could get it as a shelf queen I don't have a Flite radio. https://www.horizonhobby.com/produc...utm_content=Spot2&utm_campaign=08172023_eflnr
In real life this was a pig to fly until you got it up to near its ceiling where the air was a lot thinner and more stable, so I read years ago. So I can’t imagine this being easy either even with safe tech. I have spent a small fortune on Heli’s since buy a large petrol one in the 80’s. First months wages in the armed forces, 2 weeks later just a pile of scrap. Had plenty of so called easy fly ones since that, they have all suffered the same fate. So it’s 4 wheels only. Ah! I have just got into rc speed boats, this isn’t going to end well.

Money doesn't spend well when your in a grave. Have fun while ya can!
😝
Exactly you can’t take it with you. Get it now. When you are old and riddled with arthritis, you’ll think. I wish I had bought the SR71 and learned how to fly it properly
I talked my self out of it last night. I had everything in the check out basket and finally said no as cool as it is . I'd be really upset if I went ballistic into the ground with it . It is a badass looking plane.
Yeah, cheap poly trainer planes don’t hurt the wallet as much

Seems kind expensive for a foam glider with two engines in it.
And the wheels do not fold up. You have to hand launch it and land it in the grass if you do not want the wheels hanging down in your shots.
I'll pass.

Seems kind expensive for a foam glider with two engines in it.
And the wheels do not fold up. You have to hand launch it and land it in the grass if you do not want the wheels hanging down in your shots.
I'll pass.
$250 is a complete steal. If you saw the insane engineering that goes into these and the intricate mold work that's required, you'd be wondering why they don't charge $2000 for each one.

The gear isn't retractable due to its size. Very difficult to keep weight in check at this size and offer a retract option.

Also, it's about as much a glider as a rock.

Bro just buy it.. don't fly it and throw one of those $100 warbirds in the cart instead of the expensive tx I know you had in there, get it later after you hone in your skill!! 🤔

Flew the estes rocket 3 times, now hanging from celing above tv, wish i didnt see This, love it...fly dji, but never fly planes... might get one to hang...total bad ass...

One of my favorite Klint Eastwood movies!!
I keep well planted to the ground. I'd just fly it right into myself, first flight first crash any way!!🫣

One of my favorite Klint Eastwood movies!!
I keep well planted to the ground. I'd just fly it right into myself, first flight first crash any way!!🫣

Oh Great never thought of that . It's bad enough with my 30 LBS 1/5TH scale trying to run me down. Never even dreamed I could possibly impale myself with an model SR71 doing almost 80mph into the chest or head. New Fear unlocked thanks. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back