Please someone talk me out of this.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1coopgt

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Typhon 6s
I just saw that RC plane reviewed today..

I was into building those old school model planes (non flying) when I was a kid.
Had a SR71 hung on my ceiling..
Dreamed about being able to fly that sucker out in the fields behind the house..

I don't know..
This is awfully tempting in making my childhood dreams come true...

I saw that, totally cool. Noobs need not apply, at least if you want to fly it. One of my favorite planes though, but I still don’t fly anywhere near well enough for a twin EDF that’s know for being a very sketchy flier!

I am so tempted to buy this . It's killing me. Of coarse if I order it I order a radio too. Uhg.
IKR? If you do it, get the DX8e at a minimum. NX8e is better, you can mix all kinds of channels. If you think you’ll end up with more planes you can fly a lot more of them with that radio. I’ve learned a bit vicariously through others, I’m still a noob to flying as well.
I’m right there with you man, I’d love to absolutely go nuts with planes but I would certainly be divorced unless I totally got out of surface stuff. My wife considers it two separate hobbies, and she’s right.
I have to stick with my Carbon Cub S2 1.3m and be happy with it for now!
But I did totally fall in love with that Beechcraft D18 they dropped a few months ago. 🙄

Like most of you guys, I also fell in love with this plane. But, what I really wanted is the plane that Clint Eastwood flew, in the movie Fire Fox. The SR-71 was first introduced in '66, so in '82 when the movie came out, I think they took a few design que's from it.

FF.png

First and foremost, you must have an area to fly it in. Observe the weather as well. You want low wind and most likely you will only have that right before sunrise or sunset.
Get yourself an airplane radio and a simulator. Should get you up and running in 8-10h.

SR71 is not a beginner model. Buy it as a shelf queen and buy a cheap trainer first.
You will love the trainer for the rest of your life, while you will crash the SR71 and hate yourself for not training more ahead of time.

I swore to myself that I would never get into Airplanes figuring I would crash the sucker on takeoff. Get an email today like many of you I'm sure EFLITE came out with the SR71 for preorder. The SR71 is one of my favorite Jets. What the hell. Ya I could get it as a shelf queen I don't have a Flite radio. https://www.horizonhobby.com/produc...utm_content=Spot2&utm_campaign=08172023_eflnr

A few reasons you should not spend money on this.

▪Looks kinda small for the price.
▪Black sucks for visibility and telling orientation when flying.
▪ Foam airplanes don't do well in the sun when painted dark colors, makes the foam expand like popcorn
▪ Another thing to beware of.....oh who am I kidding, I can't talk you out of this, it's badass!

Money doesn't spend well when your in a grave. Have fun while ya can!
😝
That’s very true, but I’d still feel terrible if my wife got caught for my murder.

As my dad would say.. “It’s only money… You’ll make more tomorrow.” 😎👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back