Servo upgrade for my Nero

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never had a problem until the Nero. My guess is the power it puts out. Who knows really. Manufactures have different stuff in their manuals so we'll never really know.

@Bic1090 the Savox 1231SG isn't waterproof but the Savox SW-1210SG is and if you're going to run in water or snow then I would certainly recommend getting a waterproof servo. Else you could always wrap the servo in a balloon, plastic dip, or even using corrosion x to waterproof a non-waterproof servo yourself.

Is 277 oz/in enough from the savox 1210 waterproof servo?

I'd rather buy one already waterproof than to save a couple dollars up front, and then have to buy the marine grease and plastidip later. I've never had good luck with the balloon trick.

Is 277 oz/in enough from the savox 1210 waterproof servo?

I'd rather buy one already waterproof than to save a couple dollars up front, and then have to buy the marine grease and plastidip later. I've never had good luck with the balloon trick.

Considering that the stock servo has only 208 oz/tq, 277 will be an upgrade for sure. I have heard good things about the savox servos, even getting the non waterproof ones wet and still working fine. I went with the sg1231 for more tq and will worry about marine grease/ plasti dip later.

This is why I shouldn't drink and Internet... http://www.blue-bird-model.com/en/helicalgearsservo/bls-h50b.html

I ended up buying one of those late last night. the company has gotten good reviews, and I found a way to rationalize it, but I can't remember what it was. But with 621oz @ .12 seconds, I'm confident this will be enough servo lol.

Hahaha. Dude I totally feel ya!!
But it looks sweet and should be a great servo. Keep in mind though, the lowest value it states is 620 at 6.0 V. I could be wrong but I thought the stock Nero esc only pushes 5.4V
Regardless that servo would be awesome!!!

Last edited:
Hahaha. Dude I totally feel ya!!
But it looks swert and should be a great servo. Keep in mind though, the lowest value it states is 620 at 6.0 V. I could be wrong but I thought the stock Nero esc only pushes 5.4V
Regardless that servo would be awesome!!!

So far, everything I've read has stated the Arrma 200blx esc has a 6v BEC. That's not saying that if I hooked my meter up to it, it wouldn't read 5.4... but it is specified as 6v.

This is my Blue Bird BLS-H50B in Acton.

I sealed the output with grease, and did nothing else. this servo has been submerged in water through my water crossings.

So far so good, all around.

Would this Hitec D840WP D-Series Mega Scale WP servo fit inside the Nero? Dimensions: 2.59 x 1.26 x 2.44" (66 x 32 x 62mm) It's WaterProof, it can crank out 417 oz at 0.11 sec/60 on 7.4V. and 333 oz at 0.14 on 6 V. Wow! And for $90 at TowerHobbies its appealing. I just think it would Not fit because it's larger than the other servos you guys are saying you use.

Would this Hitec D840WP D-Series Mega Scale WP servo fit inside the Nero? Dimensions: 2.59 x 1.26 x 2.44" (66 x 32 x 62mm) It's WaterProof, it can crank out 417 oz at 0.11 sec/60 on 7.4V. and 333 oz at 0.14 on 6 V. Wow! And for $90 at TowerHobbies its appealing. I just think it would Not fit because it's larger than the other servos you guys are saying you use.
I don't think it'll fit. I could be wrong though. I had to trim the plastic plate above the servo to get my savox to fit, and that Hitec is a bit larger than my Savox according to the specs.

Just an small question...
Does anybody used an
Team Corally CS-5226 HV High Speed Servo Titan 25,6kg C52001?
The size is just 0,5mm larger than the original......

The Savox SC-1267 is not waterproof. You can waterproof it yourself or you can buy one like the Savox SW-0230MG that is waterproof.

These servos are from my old kyosho monster. I have bash in snow with these servos. When i bought these the were water resistant. I can buy a later a better servo. If this burn so it burns. I burn the the 2 other servos to.

What's up all? So I need a new servo for my Nero.. What do you all recommend? I have heard about the Savox 1231SG and that it's a great servo, but it's not waterproof. Will this be an issue in the snow? I can't seem to find a high tq waterproof servo that's reasonable in price. Thanks!

Best bang for your buck...free shipping

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-03-02-21-03-38.png
    Screenshot_2017-03-02-21-03-38.png
    590.1 KB · Views: 87
Just installed a savox 1210 waterproof servo. When I get it all finished ill let you know how it goes.

Attachments

• 20170310_190323.jpg
    20170310_190323.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 71
That will be fine. I am also looking for an stronger servo but it seams that nobody knows the Corally servos.
They are also waterproof and similar strong as the 1210 from savöx.
I think the price here between them have no big difference.
Was it necessary to mount the HR-holder to get the servo in?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back