Share your best RC deals

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I've been looking it up and I'm seeing basically no difference between the brushed and brushless version aside from the power system. Since I already have spare 1/10 electronics, getting an mt10 for $180 is quite tempting...
Literally the only difference are the LED lights mounted in the front bumper. Everything else is exactly the same. Heck of a deal, especially if you have spare electronics laying around.

MT10 + mamba x + 1415

20221220_153115.jpg

I'm considering it. A Hobbywing 10bl120 4s esc and motor combo is only $45 on ae and I have a radio and servo
Link please??
It sounds like he's referring to the Gen 1 Quicrun BL120. They're $46 everywhere. For $10 more I'd spring for the Gen 2 BL120. It's basically a MAX10 SCT, and it's Waterproof...which the Gen 1 isn't.

It sounds like he's referring to the Gen 1 Quicrun BL120. They're $46 everywhere. For $10 more I'd spring for the Gen 2 BL120. It's basically a MAX10 SCT, and it's Waterproof...which the Gen 1 isn't.
Ah, upon further inspection it seems just the v1 ESC is $45. The phrase I was excited about was:
4s esc and motor combo is only $45
That would have tickled the interest quite a bit more.

But yeah for $50 or 60 I'd just as soon pick up another 10bl120 g2.

I'll never understand why they never updated the Losi 8ight rtr to coincide with the race version. They actually downgraded it imho, it used to have adjustable links and aluminum shock bodies, now everything is plastic. Does it use SAE bearings too? I cannot remember.

Hopefully they replace it with a metric 8ight-X. I think the regular 8ight has SAE bearings too 😢.

I wouldn't undersell the gen 1. You're right that it isn't waterproof, but it is sensored unlike the gen 2. And it performs very well. Hell of a deal at $45.

I wouldn't undersell the gen 1. You're right that it isn't waterproof, but it is sensored unlike the gen 2. And it performs very well. Hell of a deal at $45.
Good point, and good to know. I know I myself would undoubtedly end up running the MT10 in snow, I'd have to have something wp. I ruined an Xerun 150 that treated me right for 10+ years in one snow bash. My ignorance for sure, I completely forgot it wasn't wp..😔 That one still bothers me, LOL.

Wow! How has it held up under that power??
When i first bought it, from the limitless202+ fiasco of 2022, it had a mm2 and 1512 and that was unusable and nothing fit right. I was going to install a copperhead ESC but it was too wide, so I went with the mamba x. the mamba x and 1415 strips out the spur gear every time on 4s but runs real nice on 3s. I have a 9imod 45kg brushless servo installed, which is my favorite budget servo.
20221209_165424.jpg

20240215_093250.jpg

Link please??
Here you go!
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_mKFKQkI
Code “VDAY03” $3 off

Just the esc save some money if you have a motor: https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_mtwx1YE
Same code

Uhh yeah that ^

Ah, upon further inspection it seems just the v1 ESC is $45. The phrase I was excited about was:

That would have tickled the interest quite a bit more.

But yeah for $50 or 60 I'd just as soon pick up another 10bl120 g2.

Here you go!
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_mKFKQkI
Code “VDAY03” $3 off

Just the esc save some money if you have a motor: https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_mtwx1YE
Same code
Trying to tag everyone lol. Should be a g2 !

Why do I get the feeling this is motor only.
Entirely possible. I swear that's how sellers on aliexpress makes their last 10%, on all the "mistake" orders from the obviously ambiguous product descriptions they have in their listing. It shows pictures of the ESC, by itself and then shows descriptions for the ESC. I'd consider myself very misled if I didn't get both.

Why do I get the feeling this is motor only.
Entirely possible. I swear that's how sellers on aliexpress makes their last 10%, on all the "mistake" orders from the obviously ambiguous product descriptions they have in their listing. It shows pictures of the ESC, by itself and then shows descriptions for the ESC. I'd consider myself very misled if I didn't get both.
I must agree, the way that seller had the items listed was a tad bit confusing. I'm going to take a closer look when I get some free time here at work.

Back