Shelf Queens

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@parcou what are the details on this one? I need one of these in GoManGo with black stripes :)

1645506078004-png.201883

@parcou what are the details on this one? I need one of these in GoManGo with black stripes :)

1645506078004-png.201883

My Man...

It's pretty much stock Kyosho Fazer HellCat. I added those wheels I got off eBay looking for something gold to pop against the purple. I lower all my RC's for a better stance (body mount post & shocks) but I did have to trim the front fenders a little wider since the rims only come in one offset for the L/R turn...think 6mm..smaller would be nice like 3mm if I could find that. The new Kyosho HellCat you can find on Amain has a new color with the black hood but this one still can be found. The last thing I added was some 3D-printed exhaust on the rear.

1645749904045.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 6.45.21 PM.png

What are these Losi traxxas?

Only one is Losi it is the metallic Camaro but it is a rebranded Vaterra but none are Traxxas. The others are either Vaterra, Kyosho, or MST RMX drifter. The blue Skyline is a driver but on a RedCat Thunder Drift chassis.

Nooooo! Say it ain't so! Just kidding, you can always run it strictly on low cut grass, and just don't send it.
OR..dry dirt and light sends(my vote)😁😃
Like I've said before, just me🤪.
I truly respect anybody's ideal of what they choose to do or not do✌
I just can't resist using them till I can't no mo😎👍
A shelf queen doesn't need to be functional if that's what it's expected to be right? Hmm..

Dude I need more info about this collection it’s great. This is a side of the hobby I am looking to get into

Kyosho fazer hellcat I get that

But what about all the 60’s era Camaro’s and Mustang

I need these
ok maybe just want but I really really want

Dude I need more info about this collection it’s great. This is a side of the hobby I am looking to get into

Kyosho fazer hellcat I get that

But what about all the 60’s era Camaro’s and Mustang

I need these
ok maybe just want but I really really want

I agree...

I got into this hobby in 2020. When I ran across the not made any more Vaterra cars that are the nice 60, 70s models I could not find them...but I just had to have them! Most stopped being made about 2015ish but there were still a few Vaterra's I could find online like the 72 Camaro, 72 C10 Chevy....but some I had to find on eBay, FB Marketplace and just hunt them out....rare vintage now AND hard to find.

However, Losi has come back out with some of the Vaterra vintage models you can find (rebranded)...not all of them tho. There are still some I'd love to get my hands on but hard to find and if I do find them on eBay the cost is $600 up since they are rare.

A shelf queen can be that one old 25 yo vintage that you can no longer get parts for. Not realistic to bash anymore. Usually worth money depending on the brand it is. I have several, going back 35+ years sitting unused on my shelf. Occasionally run. Important to do. Especially with Nitro rig engines.
But honestly, many end up building shelf queens out the box. For some, it is the build that that grabs them. Not driving them. I know several guys who drop stupid crazy bling and $$$$$ into a new rig. And just like to stare at them on the shelf. They just become expensive static display models.:rolleyes: Never if hardly even used at all. I know one guy that has dozens of them. Some vintage and never run at all. All high end stuff. Most were built by his LHS. :rolleyes:Some of them old Nitro's that never were started before. He can't drive to save his life , because he never did before.:LOL: But he constantly throws more bling at them, just for the shelf.
There are many supposed RC'ers out there like this. More than one thinks. So much heavy bling and and coin invested and literally afraid to even drive them at all. They are usually very bloated and don't even drive all that well, because when built, drivability and setup was not even a concern or ever considered Whether planned that way or hap hazardly built.. It was built for show with eye candy, and sits on the shelf.
Just me.:cool:
I get what you mean by "for some, it's the build that grabs them". There is this one guy in my crawling group who posts new builds, many unique like tractor trailers etc., like twice a month. I asked him how he affords them and according to him, he buys kits, puts them together, and then puts them up for sale. He takes the money and buys another kit. Rinse and repeat. I've been thinking of buying a kit myself. In a sense, all my rigs were "kits" because by time I'm done with them*who am I kidding, I'm never going to be done with any of them* they bear very little resemblance to what I bought.
What I bought:
Screenshot_20220224-230513_Messenger.jpg

What I have:
20220221_093044.jpg

I kind of had a Felony with c8 body painted by ajag as a shelf queen but I just drove it for the first time a few days ago. I don't know how people keep custom painted bodies from chipping but it's driving me insane. I think 'm going to buy some plastidip and just spray the inside of all my bodies with it for protection. I like driving them too much to leave them on the shelf.
WTF? Using one of Ajag's bodies is akin to using.....say....the Mona Lisa as a painters dropsheet lol he does some real fine work.

Last edited:
I get what you mean by "for some, it's the build that grabs them". There is this one guy in my crawling group who posts new builds, many unique like tractor trailers etc., like twice a month. I asked him how he affords them and according to him, he buys kits, puts them together, and then puts them up for sale. He takes the money and buys another kit. Rinse and repeat. I've been thinking of buying a kit myself. In a sense, all my rigs were "kits" because by time I'm done with them*who am I kidding, I'm never going to be done with any of them* they bear very little resemblance to what I bought.
What I bought:
View attachment 202656
What I have:View attachment 202655

WTF? Using one of Ajag's bodies is akin to using.....say....the Mona Lisa as a painters dropsheet lol he does some real fine work.
Yeah for many it is about just building them and selling them. Getting that next build. Driving is not fun enough I guess. IDK.:rolleyes: How does one build a rig properly, with no concept of how they drive, if they are not driven
Yet some just collect slews of them, and pay LHS to build them. No knowledge or confidence to wrench or drive them. With all the best support gear, radio's etc. Just never driven. No scratches allowed.:LOL:
Then it really isn't an RC hobby at all. Is it? Just collecting "stuff". A poor investment for sure. Perhaps with some kind of bragging rights. :unsure:

Yeah for many it is about just building them and selling them. Getting that next build. Driving is not fun enough I guess. IDK.:rolleyes: How does one build a rig properly, with no concept of how they drive, if they are not driven
Yet some just collect slews of them, and pay LHS to build them. No knowledge or confidence to wrench or drive them. With all the best support gear, radio's etc. Just never driven. No scratches allowed.:LOL:
Then it really isn't an RC hobby at all. Is it? Just collecting "stuff". A poor investment for sure. Perhaps with some kind of bragging rights. :unsure:
Meh, people enjoy the hobby in different ways. Some people collect classic and/or exotic cars and stick them in a garage and never drive them. Some people collect guns and never shoot them. Some people collect coins and never spend them. Some people collect stamps and never put them on an envelope. Some people collect toys and never play with them. Some people collect baseball cards and never trade or display them. Some people collect shoes or watches and never wear them. Some people collect comics and never read them. People enjoy their hobbies in different ways, so yeah, I'd say it's still an RC hobby whether you drive or not, and whether you build them yourself or not. Do I have an interest in just collecting things? Nope, I think things are meant to be used and I like to use them as they were intended, but as long as it gives people something to focus on other than TV and TikTok videos, I say bring it on and welcome! And hell, maybe it gives some people to focus on and them avoid making poor life choices. One thing I know for sure, judging and laughing at others for not enjoying the hobby in the same way that we do pushes people away from sharing their interest with others instead of inviting them in.

+1
Well said.
It is what it. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. However it is sliced. Whatever the hobby.
In all of my 35+ years, I have seen all types of people and approaches to this RC hobby. Early on in its heyday, RC had more of a common denominator and specific purpose. Primarily Track racing. The root of the beginnings for this hobby. Not practical these days. Bashing is the main reason you have and run these now.
RTR's, has changed this and easily put RC's into the hands of many more, that might not have bothered to get into RC. Good for this RC hobby.
And we all fly differently.

Oh he drives, not sure about some of them. He even builds up scale bodies and sells them off. I even got my first "commission" from him to make another carbon fiber job box battery access for another Mojave 2 body he wants build. He's a widowed older gentleman so I'm guessing this fills in his days that he isn't crawling. The TRX4 I used my first crawl was one of his builds. I eventually ended up splitting the cost for it with the gf for either of our sons to use.
What really sucks is I like bashing, trailing and speed running more than crawling. Don't get me wrong, crawling is fun too. But we have no regular bashers, trail or speed runners. The next closest I can get into is Outlaw No Prep. And that requires me to not use my 8s Senton and buy a new rig thats RWD only. And no, i cant just simply remove the front center shaft.But the crawling club has outings 3-4 times a week with at least 10-20 people showing up.
Meh, people enjoy the hobby in different ways. Some people collect classic and/or exotic cars and stick them in a garage and never drive them. Some people collect guns and never shoot them. Some people collect coins and never spend them. Some people collect stamps and never put them on an envelope. Some people collect toys and never play with them. Some people collect baseball cards and never trade or display them. Some people collect shoes or watches and never wear them. Some people collect comics and never read them. People enjoy their hobbies in different ways, so yeah, I'd say it's still an RC hobby whether you drive or not, and whether you build them yourself or not. Do I have an interest in just collecting things? Nope, I think things are meant to be used and I like to use them as they were intended, but as long as it gives people something to focus on other than TV and TikTok videos, I say bring it on and welcome! And hell, maybe it gives some people to focus on and them avoid making poor life choices. One thing I know for sure, judging and laughing at others for not enjoying the hobby in the same way that we do pushes people away from sharing their interest with others instead of inviting them in.
Well said! It's why I'm taking to crawling. My son finds it more interesting(probably like the hikes more) and it gets him outdoors, making new friends with the other kids that join, and off the damn tablet/consols/TV.

I call her my shelf queen cause thats what she is to me. Flawless? nope not at all but I try to keep her that way. put a lighter to the burrs on the skids and bumper to smooth it out, plastic polish on the roof to ease the visibility of the scrapes and a whole bunch of other (maybe ridiculous) things to keep her as nice as possible.
Weird example but have you ever watched your local drag races? All the tape on the fenders of those nice race cars. Looks ugly AF but it keeps that beautiful car from having melted rubber from sticking everywhere so as to not need to do much to keep the paint nice, but boy do they beat the shite out of those cars.
Anyway I'm just saying that the hobby is the hobby no matter how you choose to be in it. No wrong or right way to own an RC. imo 🤷‍♂️:)

Picture012.jpg

Wait. "Never driven"??? I thought shelf Queens were the older RCs retired as a keepsake to reflect on memories of victories and frustration.
I cannot fanthom buying an RC and NEVER driving it or breaking at least once!
I couldn't agree more. I am not spending $100 and sometimes $1000s of dollars to look at the thing. I mean I appreciate making them look nice but for me it's all about functionality for the bash! I will of course have some I drive a lot less like this one. But that's only cos I can't find a decent road for it.

20220208_073548.jpg

I couldn't agree more. I am not spending $100 and sometimes $1000s of dollars to look at the thing. I mean I appreciate making them look nice but for me it's all about functionality for the bash! I will of course have some I drive a lot less like this one. But that's only cos I can't find a decent road for it.

20220208_073548.jpg
Haboa vte 2 - Delta body with a hobbywing motor and esc I had that I had hanging around and never used. Need space and clean space. All the roads are poop around me.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back