Sketer 1/10 MT from Corally

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! Most of my property is wooded except for the yard. I try not to run the yard much cuz these rc's shred grass pretty quickly. My brother, daughters boyfriend and I have been working on a track for like 2 years.. clearing woods by hand is quite a task. We got a track, but the tree's keep speeds in check😬😳🤣
4,6 or 8s is irrelevant cuz we just can't let em rip if ya know what I mean.
Trees, the great equalizer 🤣

When I look at the MT8, I see a metal chassis Kaiju that has no hope of living up to the original. The Rival was one of the most overbuilt rigs of it's time. You can't appreciate just how crazy the thing was w/o picking it up. Back then, running RCs in skateparks was unheard of but it can easily survive a bash or 2. The only thing I would consider doing is retrofitting Kraton hubs & axles on all 4 corners since it has 6mm axles instead of 8mm. The Kaiju/MT8 has milled out parts of the axles that take it down from 8mm to 6mm, & that 6mm section is prone to bending - plus the metal is junk. The metal on the original Rival is strong enough to still be on the truck today, & I had it for 8 years.

When I look at the MT8, I see a metal chassis Kaiju that has no hope of living up to the original. The Rival was one of the most overbuilt rigs of it's time. You can't appreciate just how crazy the thing was w/o picking it up. Back then, running RCs in skateparks was unheard of but it can easily survive a bash or 2. The only thing I would consider doing is retrofitting Kraton hubs & axles on all 4 corners since it has 6mm axles instead of 8mm. The Kaiju/MT8 has milled out parts of the axles that take it down from 8mm to 6mm, & that 6mm section is prone to bending - plus the metal is junk. The metal on the original Rival is strong enough to still be on the truck today, & I had it for 8 years.
Ueah, I remember when Associated was worth buying. No offense to anyone, but I'm not interested in them anymore.
I bought the Kaiju at $399(I think) last year. It was worth that IMO, and if I were looking, I might buy the EXT but they're limited for sure due to no aftermarket support and RC refusing to raise the bar. If they did, it would cost as much as an Arrma which would likely be futile since Arrma has support from aftermarket..

Last edited:
Ueah, I remember when Associated was worth buying. No offense to anyone, but I'm not interested in them anymore.
I bought the Kaiju at $399(I think) last year. It was worth that IMO, and if I were looking, I might buy the EXT but they're limited for sure due to no aftermarket support and RC refusing to raise the bar. If they did, it would cost as much as an Arrma which would likely be futile since Arrma has support from aftermarket..
Really? I remember them back in the late 90's as being really good RC manufacturers. Is that no longer the case?

Really? I remember them back in the late 90's as being really good RC manufacturers. Is that no longer the case?
That's what I'm talking about, back when, they were great. Seems like they've been backsliding since being bought out by Thunder Tiger which was about 10 years ago? Don't take my word soley tho, as I'm no authority by any means. Hopefully some others can better explain. @razorrc is much more knowledgeable with the hobby than I. As is @Megasty .

TA used to be specifically racing kits, easily Tekno's level if not better. Then Thunder Tiger happened. The first few RTR releases were the best to ever hit the market since they were straight race kits, but it all went downhill from there. There's a lot of TT's influence in the Rival, which was a great thing at the time, but it actually ended up better than most of what TT had at the time. So TT ended up using it, albeit very watered down in the MTA/4 series. All 3 trucks share a lot of parts & there are still parts/upgrades out there. But the MTA/4 still are worlds over the Kaiju. TT actually still sells a 6s buggy (Bushmaster) for $350 that's probably the strongest buggy ever. It's basically the RTR version of a TA RC8. It's literally ready for the track OoB.

TA used to be specifically racing kits, easily Tekno's level if not better. Then Thunder Tiger happened. The first few RTR releases were the best to ever hit the market since they were straight race kits, but it all went downhill from there. There's a lot of TT's influence in the Rival, which was a great thing at the time, but it actually ended up better than most of what TT had at the time. So TT ended up using it, albeit very watered down in the MTA/4 series. All 3 trucks share a lot of parts & there are still parts/upgrades out there. But the MTA/4 still are worlds over the Kaiju. TT actually still sells a 6s buggy (Bushmaster) for $350 that's probably the strongest buggy ever. It's basically the RTR version of a TA RC8. It's literally ready for the track OoB.
Pretty sure the Bushmaster has gone do-do now too sadly. No parts either last I looked at TT site. I guess I can't say no parts, but slim pickins'
I still have and run an MT4-G3.. has Corally electrics in it. Put truggy tires on to try and keep it running longer.

Pretty sure the Bushmaster has gone do-do now too sadly. No parts either last I looked at TT site. I guess I can't say no parts, but slim pickins'
I still have and run an MT4-G3.. has Corally electrics in it. Put truggy tires on to try and keep it running longer.

It can fit most of the RC8 parts if needed. I haven't ever broke them. I have 2 that I used race back when the LHS had the track, too bad it's an apartment now. Neither have ever seen 6s. Maybe I should buy the 4s version again just to see if they'll send it.

There's tons I could say about Associated, but the current offering is basically split into 3 groups of cars --

The true race kits (basically anything that comes as a Team Kit) which have improved in quality the last few years, when they switched from China to Taiwan about 3-4 years ago. These are high quality full race kits like Tekno, etc. Maybe not quite as good as Tekno, but pretty close.

Then there are the RTR's based off the race kits (DR10, Pro2 SC10, RB10, etc.) which have the same general design as older generation Team Kits from 4-5 years ago, but are made in China. Those are lower quality.

Finally there are the outsourced RTR vehicles which have nothing to do with Team Associated (Rival MT10, MT8, Pro4 SC10) and are made in China to boot. They just use the Associated label.

Older discontinued cars (RC8, SC10 4x4, Qualifier series) have a whole 'nother backstory.

Didn't mean to go sideways on the thread..
We have a local bar band er something here named skeeter creek. For some reason this TC sketer keeps making me laugh🤣 I think the rig sounds and looks promising, but the name🙄

Didn't mean to go sideways on the thread..
We have a local bar band er something here named skeeter creek. For some reason this TC sketer keeps making me laugh🤣 I think the rig sounds and looks promising, but the name🙄
Hah, give them a few months. Maybe they'll come out with another version with a different name. They seem to love doing that. :LOL:

That s**t happens to me too.. I think it's the excitement that takes over me..then after I order im like damn!! Forgot to look for a discount😔😆
Hell, it's brand new, whoda thunk there'd be a discount already. Fiddlesticks!!!
I hope I don't regret this purchase... not sure about parts support, stock and aftermarket for this one...
Discovery is part of the journey I guess.

It's in German, but they really did an insane job on this thing. They took everything they learned from the other models & beefed it up. Huge bumper & wheelie bar supports, thick foam on the center post, shock cap protectors for the body, complete 6s drivetrain components with new spring steel outputs. This is definitely the strongest Corally to date.

Hell, it's brand new, whoda thunk there'd be a discount already. Fiddlesticks!!!
I hope I don't regret this purchase... not sure about parts support, stock and aftermarket for this one...
Discovery is part of the journey I guess.
You're right, part of the journey, I like that. HRP is the US distributor for TC. They stock replacement parts, but I haven't seen much for TC upgrades there. Parts are available in the states but as you might expect not very popular. Well not yet anyway. Hopefully that'll change as they become more known.
If you only have one rig, it could be frustrating waiting on TC parts. I trust @Megasty, he def knows rc's. If he says beefcake( or similar), I'd say it's worth a try👌

I'm very interested. On paper it has everything many have been asking for from the next 4s Arrma. It looks like it runs great in the video. Flips and flight look nice and balanced. According to some videos I've seen Corally durability is not quite Arrma level, but we'll see.

Unboxing, time to go run this thing!

Sweet! Look forward to hearing ur thoughts 🤘
I'm very interested. On paper it has everything many have been asking for from the next 4s Arrma. It looks like it runs great in the video. Flips and flight look nice and balanced. According to some videos I've seen Corally durability is not quite Arrma level, but we'll see.
Seems TC is making strides. I like my Arrmas, but options are always good 👍 Maybe this will stoke Arrmas fire? 4s seems to be less in demand, but I run quite a few 1/8 on 4 and find it can be a good balance that is satisfying without 6s wear and breakages.

Last edited:
Back