Sketer 1/10 MT from Corally

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone checked out the sketer??

4s rig.. aluminum chassis… actual center diff… steel cvd’s and dog bones… this thing looks beefy!

Who’s gonna get one ??

@razorrc did a great job going over this new rig, I really dig it.. I want one.
Not me. It’s made to fit into a price point. I hate buying stuff that corners have been cut to manufacture. Plus parts availability is bad! None of the hobby shops around me sell them.

Not sure what OP is asking either. The new 4s appears to be using 5mm towers as is the v2 6s if that's the question.
Well, v2 xtr is 5mm towers. Not sure about the v2 rtr's myself.
I thought the V2 rtrs were 4mm like Arrmas but made out of 7075 instead of 6065?

-Edit-

The front shock tower on the rtr is 4mm the rear is 5mm and they are 6065.

Not me. It’s made to fit into a price point. I hate buying stuff that corners have been cut to manufacture.
You're entitled to your opinion, but what is this opinion based on? Did you watch Razor RC's video? If anything, this RC is overbuilt. Where did they cut manufacturing corners? It has metal everywhere people ask for it, double, triple reinforcement. I think it may be underpowered, but that's that doesn't mean the ESC/motor is low quality or cheaply manufactured.

I've got more of a general question in reference to tge team corally electronics... I have heard that the stock 6s electronics are pretty fast and run relatively cool on 4s pushing the stock T.C. 1/8 scale rigs without an issue(durability of the rigs themselves aside) but does anyone have enough experience with the stock esc/motor combos or even just the esc themselves, to say whether they hold up over time or not? I would assume that since they offer a bit more speed and run cooler in general is a good thing as we) as being able to move a 1/8 basher without stressing the electronics in turn allowing the life span of them to be longer lasting but doesn't always necessarily mean that they stand up to the beating/conditions most of us put the stock electronics on our favorite bashers through... etc etc. Anyone willing to shed some light because I'm not only interested in the recent release of the "skeeter" but need to replace a good 2 or 3 esc's thative had fail on me just in the last few months and I'm on a budget so I try nit to make blind/large purchases where I can avoid it but also im.no electoral engineer by any means so I guess I'm also curious what makes the T.C. 6s electronics noticeably faster if 150amp esc is a 150amp esc and or a 2050kv is exactly that same specs as the 1/8 arrma rtrs...? Not much of a fan of tge 1/10 bashers but boy to me rge design of the new 1/10 team corally by which they a "sketer"(whatever that means) and sure seems like a pretty tough and well thought out design from a durability standpoint no doubt. 🍻🤷‍♂️🤔

I've got more of a general question in reference to tge team corally electronics... I have heard that the stock 6s electronics are pretty fast and run relatively cool on 4s pushing the stock T.C. 1/8 scale rigs without an issue(durability of the rigs themselves aside) but does anyone have enough experience with the stock esc/motor combos or even just the esc themselves, to say whether they hold up over time or not? I would assume that since they offer a bit more speed and run cooler in general is a good thing as we) as being able to move a 1/8 basher without stressing the electronics in turn allowing the life span of them to be longer lasting but doesn't always necessarily mean that they stand up to the beating/conditions most of us put the stock electronics on our favorite bashers through... etc etc. Anyone willing to shed some light because I'm not only interested in the recent release of the "skeeter" but need to replace a good 2 or 3 esc's thative had fail on me just in the last few months and I'm on a budget so I try nit to make blind/large purchases where I can avoid it but also im.no electoral engineer by any means so I guess I'm also curious what makes the T.C. 6s electronics noticeably faster if 150amp esc is a 150amp esc and or a 2050kv is exactly that same specs as the 1/8 arrma rtrs...? Not much of a fan of tge 1/10 bashers but boy to me rge design of the new 1/10 team corally by which they a "sketer"(whatever that means) and sure seems like a pretty tough and well thought out design from a durability standpoint no doubt. 🍻🤷‍♂️🤔
I have the tc toro185 from the 6s rtrs. They are hard to find now under 100$. I don’t know why but they are better than the blx185 and the firma150 which I also have. They might just be orange hobbywing Max8, they look identical. I think the software smart stuff might slow the firmas down. Doesn’t seem to help as there are new threads here everyday of them catching fire, though that is not my experience. They’ve been fine for me but the toro185 is better.

You're entitled to your opinion, but what is this opinion based on? Did you watch Razor RC's video? If anything, this RC is overbuilt. Where did they cut manufacturing corners? It has metal everywhere people ask for it, double, triple reinforcement. I think it may be underpowered, but that's that doesn't mean the ESC/motor is low quality or cheaply manufactured.
Careful what you watch on YouTube. They are given these units to do videos about. But there is corn between all the crap. It might built better than a Arrma or traxxas 4s. But I can get traxxas or Arrma parts anywhere. Time will tell once they actually get out to the suckers that will buy them. I won’t. Guaranteed we will see people not happy about them in here too.

They’re just another Chinese mfg trying to get into the Rc market. They have been trying for years. Wonder why they can’t succeed?

TC's electronics run hot on 6s, while really cool on 4s. But that ESC definitely pumps out more power & isn't hampered by pathetic 4mm connections like Arrma. Comparing the TC's 150a ESC to Arrma's is like comparing the max8 to a WP 8BL150. The max8 has thicker wires, connecters, & usually better internal components. They suppose to push the same power but the 8BL150 is bottlenecked in all 3 areas. That also makes it easier to overload the 8BL150. That's where the firmware comes into place, & the max8 wins there too. The blx185 doesn't do much to keep it from burning out & the Firma150 does too much, But both can be overwritten by current spikes that eventually smoke them. That said, you get what you pay for with these ESCs in general. The breakers usually sell the Toro185 for half the MSRP, but that makes them sell out fast.

Arrma has a long history of taking HW ESCs & screwing with them. The blx200 is suppose to be a max8, but every last one I had smoked, while all the other max8 & non-Arrma clones I have are still going. As for the 8BL150, there have been a few clones made with thicker wires & connectors. The Fuse 150A for the 3XLe is an example of one. But as much as max8's been perfect for me, max10s, clones, rebadges, etc. have all failed . . . every last one I had couldn't handle a 4s battery in any 1/10 car. But the 8BL100, which has the same size components as the 8BL150 can handle 4s no problems.

My personal experience with CoRally in recent days has been their parts are easier to find than Arrma. RCexplosion gets them out in 2 days. This little rig doesn’t cut too many corners...now the older non existent Arrma 4s rigs cut corners everywhere as well as the RC Kajui. Both fun cars but durability suffered for cost sake. Maybe the maxx is the better non corner cutting 4s rig but i can’t bring myself to buy one...

I cant atest the TC system runs nice and cool on 4s as well. Have them in 2 rigs, TT mt4 MT, and a TC kronos xtr. Unfortunately, I can't fit 2 3s packs in either rig so I've only run them on 4s. They do both run fast and cool for 4s though.

They’re just another Chinese mfg trying to get into the Rc market. They have been trying for years. Wonder why they can’t succeed?

Think whatever you want, but quite a few things you are saying is just wrong, including they’re a Belgian brand (manufactured in China, just like every other RTR).

Careful what you watch on YouTube. They are given these units to do videos about. But there is corn between all the crap. It might built better than a Arrma or traxxas 4s. But I can get traxxas or Arrma parts anywhere. Time will tell once they actually get out to the suckers that will buy them. I won’t. Guaranteed we will see people not happy about them in here too.

Arrma is made in China too 🤷🤣
My personal experience with CoRally in recent days has been their parts are easier to find than Arrma. RCexplosion gets them out in 2 days. This little rig doesn’t cut too many corners...now the older non existent Arrma 4s rigs cut corners everywhere as well as the RC Kajui. Both fun cars but durability suffered for cost sake. Maybe the maxx is the better non corner cutting 4s rig but i can’t bring myself to buy one...
Except for the Maxx crap motor mount and spur gear cover ( made out of plastic) 🤷🤷🤣😂. I have about $1k into the V2 Maxx so that I can send it as high as possible without it breaking more often 🤷

Last edited:
Corally reminds me of Arrma from 4-5 years ago. Back when they were fast, a good value, and they were class leading in durability (well, sort of) and they didn't care about any of this scale nonsense or whatever. They were like the small upstart taking on the big boys and weren't afraid to keep making their cars better and better and taking chances.

Now Arrma is one of the most expensive, the slowest, and they're putting GI Joe figures in their cars. :rolleyes: I preferred the old Arrma, hopefully they can find their mojo again. They're honestly losing some of what made them great.

Back