Sketer 1/10 MT from Corally

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Corally reminds me of Arrma from 4-5 years ago. Back when they were fast, a good value, and they were class leading in durability (well, sort of) and they didn't care about any of this scale nonsense or whatever. They were like the small upstart taking on the big boys and weren't afraid to keep making their cars better and better and taking chances.

Now Arrma is one of the most expensive, the slowest, and they're putting GI Joe figures in their cars. :rolleyes: I preferred the old Arrma, hopefully they can find their mojo again. They're honestly losing some of what made them great.
In my opinion, all of what you have just said is so true..!!! 👍🏼
It's a shame that Arrma seem to have started down a path to become the new Traxxass 😉😩

Corally reminds me of Arrma from 4-5 years ago. Back when they were fast, a good value, and they were class leading in durability (well, sort of) and they didn't care about any of this scale nonsense or whatever. They were like the small upstart taking on the big boys and weren't afraid to keep making their cars better and better and taking chances.

Now Arrma is one of the most expensive, the slowest, and they're putting GI Joe figures in their cars. :rolleyes: I preferred the old Arrma, hopefully they can find their mojo again. They're honestly losing some of what made them great.
Very true. Corally's background is race spec kits and a factory race team, just like Arrma is derived from Team Durango. They have a full line of rc supplies like lipo's, shock oil, tools, esc/motor/servo's and 7075 tuning parts.
Like Arrma in the first years TC's engineers are improving their rc's at a fast pace, especially with the pandemic causing delays everywhere.
I do believe this Sketer and the coming V3's, maybe accompanied by some improved catchy naming and looks will put them in the front line.
Also the current bashing market is mainly dominated bij Arrma (Horizon) and Traxxas. Now this Belgium owned dwarf is taking up the glove to get on par with them and provide us with quality products, like that.
They even have a doctor Corally :geek:

1643017732097.png

The only thing that will prevent Arrma from becoming the next Trx is if they keep responding to customer feedback. This forum is a separate entity from Arrma while the largest Trx forum is completely ran & governed by them. They used to squash ANY type of constructive criticism but have recently lightened up on that - but it's still mostly a hive mind that thinks Trx cars are as perfect as they're promos.

Competition can only go so far when they're are diehards in your community that can develop themselves into voices that can sway others (& be paid off with new cars). But Trx grew beyond that a long time ago by paying off LHS's to recommend their products. My LHS used to be ALL Trx & I had hardly a reason to go in there. But it finally fell under new management who told Trx to stuff it. That was right around the time Trx sued Arrma for the Nero & drone. Since then they moved to a much larger building & have access to all brands. Right now, Arrma is full of gimmicks, just like Trx. From the garbage electronics that need replacing to overpriced battery/charger systems, it's all going in the wrong direction. All we can do is hold our ground. If we feel a certain way about a car or series, don't let up in expressing that. Don't give in to fanboys, hive mind, & big voices. None of that will ever improve anything.

As for Corally, they just need to keep improving the models w/o dumping the electronics - & find someone that can design some decent body color themes. The Punisher body was great, I even bought it. But this Sketer body has the same theme as the V1 Kronos. Hopefully, they won't sell out to the big guys or get gobbled up by the Chinesium that tried to kill TA.

If you like Arrma from 4 years ago you should like them now. They haven’t changed from their basic buggy design of 10yrs ago.

Where was this, on the FB groups?

Broke a few things:

Not sure where it was posted originally (Dearden), but I saw it posted here in the forum. First post..
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/you-know-who-you-are.47975/
Where was this, on the FB groups?

Broke a few things:

Nice bash! She really doesn't like to rotate, but you saw it through!! That's probably the hardest beat down I've seen you give a rig! I'm impressed👌🤣 The truck took it quite well IMO.

Last edited:
Yeah, the lack of air correction is really disappointing. Add the fact that Razor's previous video explained 2.8 tires won't fit and 3.8 tires will rub the body and there may be very few tire options to try to fix it. I'm wondering if Backflip LP's will fit and provide some decent air control. If not, the Sketer is a no go for me.

Yeah, the lack of air correction is really disappointing. Add the fact that Razor's previous video explained 2.8 tires won't fit and 3.8 tires will rub the body and there may be very few tire options to try to fix it. I'm wondering if Backflip LP's will fit and provide some decent air control. If not, the Sketer is a no go for me.

99% sure Backflip LP's won't fit. Too narrow, and pretty sure too big in diameter.

Obvious solution is to put my Punisher arms/driveshafts/power system in it and turn it into a stunt truck... :unsure:

Right on👌 The notion of paying $750-$1000 for these rigs with what are essentially junk electronics (TRX and Arrma) is ridiculous. Deardon said his faith in humanity was shaken because people didn't like the Fireteam?! Uh, ok..
The last 5 Arrma's I bought was all EXB rollers. I'm just not interested in dumping a ton of dough into something I have to part out right off the bat. I'll leave the RTRs for those that still have to learn what they're getting in to. TBH, I wouldn't have any current Arrma's right now except for the RTR 1/5s if it wasn't for the rollers.

All these vids of the that feature new cars is just one or 2 bashes. Any car could survive that with the skill & luck of seasoned hobbyists. Most people buy RTR & don't upgrade them or start looking into upgrades until they break. It's hard to deal with RTRs when have so much in them to begin with. The Fireteam cost just as much as the Hobao Hyper MT+2 & it is a MUCH better platform than any 1/8 or 1/7 Arrma. It also barely needs any upgrades & can be bashed straight out the box. Then there's the Cen Reeper, cheaper, just as beefy as the Hobao, & can be bashed hard straight out the box. Then with the fireteam, even after replacing all the breakable plastic junk, you're left with a power system that can burn the whole thing up. It's either roller or nothing when it comes to that, so they better get on it.

Who is Dearden and why should I a give a fvck?
99% sure Backflip LP's won't fit. Too narrow, and pretty sure too big in diameter.

Obvious solution is to put my Punisher arms/driveshafts/power system in it and turn it into a stunt truck... :unsure:
Different pinion maybe? That TC video certainly made it look like it was possible.

Different pinion maybe? That TC video certainly made it look like it was possible.
The problem with gearing up is the truck is near the weight limit for the max10. That's why the pinion is so small to begin with. I wouldn't use a max10 since they've been so unreliable for me. It'll most likely need the wider hubs, 150a ESC, & larger tires. The Kaiju or 3.8 Badlands should work. The Backflip LPs don't have the standoff space.

Jason Dearden Managing Director and founder of Arrma.

It's a shame that Arrma seem to have started down a path to become the new Traxxass 😉😩
If you like Arrma from 4 years ago you should like them now. They haven’t changed from their basic buggy design of 10yrs ago.
Except for all the Spektrum crap in the cars now
The last 5 Arrma's I bought was all EXB rollers. I'm just not interested in dumping a ton of dough into something I have to part out right off the bat. I'll leave the RTRs for those that still have to learn what they're getting in to. TBH, I wouldn't have any current Arrma's right now except for the RTR 1/5s if it wasn't for the rollers.

All these vids of the that feature new cars is just one or 2 bashes. Any car could survive that with the skill & luck of seasoned hobbyists. Most people buy RTR & don't upgrade them or start looking into upgrades until they break. It's hard to deal with RTRs when have so much in them to begin with. The Fireteam cost just as much as the Hobao Hyper MT+2 & it is a MUCH better platform than any 1/8 or 1/7 Arrma. It also barely needs any upgrades & can be bashed straight out the box. Then there's the Cen Reeper, cheaper, just as beefy as the Hobao, & can be bashed hard straight out the box. Then with the fireteam, even after replacing all the breakable plastic junk, you're left with a power system that can burn the whole thing up. It's either roller or nothing when it comes to that, so they better get on it.
Same none of my Arrma currently have been rtr except for the Big Rock 6S I still own. I like the rollers though! The MT sport + is on my list. Nice truck. Huge shocks. Twin vert. Plate frame which is way stronger then a pan chassis always.

With that cheesy release of the FireTeam they might already be there lmao 😂
I think this truck from Corally is pretty good offering especially 4S. It seems well built to take abuse and it’s cheaper then the Maxx here. I would consider it for a smaller 4S rc as I am waiting to see if Arrma would release a 4S model. Corally only issue is parts support north of the USA is not great. But JRC does carry some Corally models hopefully if popular enough they break some Sketer kits for parts

Last edited:
What I find interesting is that this truck seems to have single-handedly blasted Corally right up into the limelight again. They were kinda gone and forgotten for awhile in the second half of 2021.

But now this truck is the hottest thing going IMO (more than the Maxx V2, Fireteam, Savage X, Kaiju EXT, or whatever new trucks got released in the last month) and there seems to be a pretty big buzz around it. I guess it's because it really is a totally massively overengineered truck that is the only thing (potentially) game-changing in the industry. Everything else is pretty much just a re-hash and didn't advance the state of RC in any way.

TBH, by biggest(and only significant) complaint about the Arrma line is the forced inclusion of the Spektrum electronics. I do understand that this is due to Arrma and Spektrum being owned by HH.. I wouldn't even be surprised to here that there are folks within Arrma itself that aren't happy about it. Spektrum may not be the worst, but they clearly aren't the best budget offering either, yet the increase in price of the rtr exb line is disproportionate considering what's included IMO. Unfortunately HH is taking the TRX attitude in this respect.. Take it or leave it, we don't care..

Back