Fireteam Slick's Fireteam 6s BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've only ever done a quick Google search for them but does anyone know of a US based company that has LED light kits in stock? Polo creations is all sold out and on eBay the only ones I see are from China or Poland.

The caster clips were also all behind the front upper a arms instead of having 1 large in front and 2 small in the rear.

Nope I have 1 large and 2 small on each side.

Hmm manual shows the clips being 1 large in front 2 small in rear.

I have contacted Arrma about this, and they stated the exploded view is wrong. The 3 spacers are supposed to be at the backside of the front upper arm. I uploaded a pic of their reply in my thread

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/haastnooit’s-fireteam-6s-blx.57518/

Is it just me or does this thing sound funny. :unsure:

On a side note, my video of the bent driveshaft on my Fireteam is now my 3rd most watched video on Youtube.

I think I made a mistake......
I've been cleaning for about 2 hours now and I'm not even close to being done....... And I already broke the body in multiple locations
20230101_151452.jpg

Looks like a blast right there!
Never again, I just finished tearing it all down....... Luckily this one was the only one that went through the mud otherwise I would have 3 other cars to tear down.

I have contacted Arrma about this, and they stated the exploded view is wrong. The 3 spacers are supposed to be at the backside of the front upper arm. I uploaded a pic of their reply in my thread

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/haastnooit’s-fireteam-6s-blx.57518/
I see that mistake in the blow up. My FT had all 3 castor shims at the rear. But honestly, Castor can be set to your personal preference. Most Castor Angle occurs with all 3 shim clips at the front of the upper arms. It's just an alignment preference. Similar to Camber and Toe settings. How you set the Castor shims/clips. There isn't truly one "correct" way to have them. But the blow up diagram can be confusing.
Isn't that basically straight for an Arrma chassis? 👀
I find that even new out the box, the RTR chassis' are slightly tweaked. Not perfect at all.
My early release Lim even had a badly stamped chassis at the front. So bad that I could not set the front droop at all. All wacked out. The Fr. Rear left side of the Hinge pin mount wouldn't even sit straight. HH sent me a new chassis.

Last edited:
I think I made a mistake......
I've been cleaning for about 2 hours now and I'm not even close to being done....... And I already broke the body in multiple locationsView attachment 266713
Can't wait to show mine in that condition. There's plenty of mud where I am right now. And I normally don't get my rigs wet. But I did say my FT will be my winter beater rig. I promised myself that.:ROFLMAO:
Which reminds me, I need to make some rear arm mud gards out of some 3mmSheet Lexan scraps I have here.

Can't wait to show mine in that condition. There's plenty of mud where I am right now. And I normally don't get my rigs wet. But I did say my FT will be my winter beater rig. I promised myself that.:ROFLMAO:
Which reminds me, I need to make some rear arm mud gards out of some 3mmSheet Lexan scraps I have here.

I charged up some batteries headed out to my bash spot and saw how muddy it was and just said screw it. I cannot remember the guys name on here but I ran into another Arrma guy out there, he has a Kraton, Notorious, truggified Typhon, Big Rock Crew cab, I think he has a Granite and he bought his son a white Fireteam all of them are upgraded to the tilt with M2C, Basherqueen and 3DRC stuff.

Today I yanked out the HB. And binded my DX5C to the stocker 315 Rx, in DSMR protocol. The SLT 3 had to go. The HB Mixing thing would only work Actively with the ESC brake only if I locked out Reverse. (My Rc6GS) I wanted to keep Reverse. The FT looks much leaner without that silly HB.
I'm sure the ESC's BEC will thank me also. :giggle:
Also, picture that HB getting all jacked up with Mud that collects back there. A nightmare.(n)

So I am willing to bet that the chassis was already bent when I got my Fireteam, I never did check it and with that front driveshaft being bent out of the box that leads me to think that is the case.

I'll go with that.
I had a few really bad chassis out the box before. First thing I do is put a Straight edge across the chassis once taken out the box. There is almost always a slight bow at best with the RTR chassis. Those stamped chassis are really bad. "Good enough" to rip/ bash , But honestly not true and straight, if that is what you are looking for. They will even tweak from a conservative bashing. Usually a slight twist at the rear from my experience.

Im jealous.... you got that Blem M2c chassis there.:LOL: Just what the doctor ordered for the FT .(y)
I have that chassis on my Mojo already. What a big difference it made. Strong and rigid like heck. Just dam expensive.:(

Last edited:
I'm seriously getting tired of this crap.

Brand new gearbox case......................................I'm not going to go back to my lhs to make them deal with it. I am going to make sure Horizon sends me a new one.

1672697527169.jpeg

1672697539075.jpeg

Last edited:
@slick2500
You're not doing a very good job of selling me a new Arrma :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

An XRT is looking more and more interesting to me everyday... :unsure::cool:
I know this much I am done buying anything from Horizon Hobby.

I've only ever done a quick Google search for them but does anyone know of a US based company that has LED light kits in stock? Polo creations is all sold out and on eBay the only ones I see are from China or Poland.
Rather old reply...
MyTrickRc has lights.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back