Slicks Tekno NT48.3 to ET48.3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does this sound weird to anyone else, mainly the noise on deceleration or am I just being paranoid?

I bought these bad boys back in January of 2017. They have hundreds of cycles on them.
View attachment 120803View attachment 120804View attachment 120805

Thanks.
Pretty much when the IR's get around 15-17, the packs are toast. Got your money's worth. Maybe good enough in a brushed Crawler if that.:ROFLMAO:
Does this sound weird to anyone else, mainly the noise on deceleration or am I just being paranoid?
I am 100% sure you know how to mesh your pin. and spur gear.👍
But it could be worn pin/ spur gears if they are not new. Try adjusting the mesh in or out and see if the noise gets better or gets worse. Sounds like the mesh is loose, but worn gears will sound like that also. I hear what you hear. Just my thoughts.

Edit: It even sound like you have a dry BB somewhere, whining/buzzing when it decelerates.

Last edited:
Pretty much when the IR's get around 15-17, the packs are toast. Got your money's worth. Maybe good enough in a brushed Crawler if that.:ROFLMAO:

But it could be worn pin/ spur gears if they are not new. Try adjusting the mesh in or out and see if the noise gets better or gets worse. Sounds like the mesh is loose, but worn gears will sound like that also. I hear what you hear. Just my thoughts.

Edit: It even sound like you have a dry BB somewhere, whining/buzzing when it decelerates.
Yeah I'm pretty sure the pinion is the stock speed pinion that came with my Outcast when I bought it in 2017 so it very well could be worn down.

Lmaooooo brushed crawler😂

^^^ Brushed is best for Crawling. The torque control and drag brakes are great. BLX is over rated in Crawlers IMHO. It's more of a Fad. A fad to have BLX in EVERY RC rig. Not for me...not in Crawlers. I tried it and it sucks. And I'm not spending $300+ on an Axe BLX setup to go 2.5 MPH. Brushed runs great completely under water and keeps going.
It's hard to describe . You have to drive one.

Well this very well could be the problem......... wish I would have noticed that before I deanodized it.

20210124_190721.jpg

^^^ what am I seeing in the pix?:)

-edit- Seems like Mitch sent me an email on the 24th but for some reason I just got it this morning 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Now I feel like an idiot. NT48.3 rear gearbox has a different offset than the rear gearbox of the ET48.3, this offset causes the rear center driveshaft to hit the receiver box. New rear gearbox on the way.

20210130_191953.jpg

Now I feel like an idiot. NT48.3 rear gearbox has a different offset than the rear gearbox of the ET48.3, this offset causes the rear center driveshaft to hit the receiver box. New rear gearbox on the way.

View attachment 123667
Yeah Tekno does use different bulkheads front and rear, Unlike Arrma and others. It can catch you off guard. 🤷‍♂️ Like my Tekno MT.

Yeah Tekno does use different bulkheads front and rear, Unlike Arrma and others. It can catch you off guard. 🤷‍♂️ Like my Tekno MT.
And they have 2 different rear gearboxes. But it will be good, one of the holes for the shock tower to mount to the gearbox was a little stripped out and I was planning on buying one anyway.

View attachment 123667

So after my package with my rear diff crown gear getting delayed for what seemed like an eternity. I finally have everything back together again.
That looks much better.
20210226_190421.jpg

And while I was doing a cleaning on the shocks I noticed I have full option shocks. Score 🤘 .
20210226_191008.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back