Smilinbri's Tekno SCT410.3 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smilinbri

RC is a hobby. Arrma is a lifestyle.
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Notorious
  3. Senton 6s
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Typhon 6s
  6. Vorteks
  7. Infraction 4x4
I finally started my Tekno SCT410.3 kit build. 🥳

I want to give shout-outs to everyone that had a SCT410.3 build thread here and specifically @Hector_Fisher , @KnowAir and @Dutch for their awesome build threads. The majority of my research was completed on the Tekno forum, and Bill DeLong on there had the most knowledge to share. His build thread was precise, detailed, and had plenty of tips. Def helped me out a lot on my 1st kit build. (y)

I decided to do something similar to his thread, in the hopes it helps some other newbies like me!!! 😃

As expected, the Tekno kit is excellent quality and the build instructions are easy to follow. It's been a blast putting this together. 😆 The shock/pivot ball multi-tool def came in handy!!!

Bags A & B - All 3 diffs
This section was very simple. The diff parts were all perfectly created to Tekno's specs and everything went together easy. Once completed and filled with oil, they were smooth like butta! 🤗 I was surprised that Tekno used composite diff cross pins though. 😲

Upgrades completed:
10k/7k/5k Diff oil
Fast Eddy Bearings (throughout build)
Metal 44T spur gear-#TKR5115
Aluminum diff cross pins-#TKR5149A
20230218_154619.jpg
20230218_184145.jpg

Bags C & D - Front and Rear Gearboxes
This part was straight forward and super easy.
20230218_205618.jpg

Bag E - Rear End
This part took me a while due to not understanding at first that the little pill pieces that go into the C & D (and A & B) blocks have a purpose. 🤔 I was wondering why I had so many and what the little dots were for. They weren't braille. 😂 Their purpose is to adjust the rear anti-squat and rear toe. Took me a lot of research to determine how I wanted it tuned for my dirt track since that's really the only place I'll be "racing" it. Thankfully, I found an app from So Dialed that allows you to select the different dots to see what the results are. This made it so much easier! I ended up going with .5° anti-squat and 2.5° rear toe. We'll see how that goes. 🤷‍♂️ (App pic below shows 1.5° anti-squat, however with an aluminum C Block, you subtract 1°)
I found the suspension arms did not need much reaming. Instead of a drill bit, I used a 4mm saw chain file.
Upgrades completed:
Aluminum C and D blocks-#TKR5163 & #TKR5164
20230218_214418.jpg
20230218_234504.jpg
20230219_111354.jpg
Screenshot_20230219_085902_RC Pill Insert Calculator.jpg

Bag F - Rear Camber Links
Had to pre-thread all the turnbuckles. Used a drill. I found this whole part was a PITA, but it got done. Using the drill helped, just had to make sure they were on correctly. Had to redo a couple, go figure. 🤦‍♂️
Upgrades completed:
Aluminum clamping wheel hex nuts - #TKR5571A
20230219_111818.jpg
20230219_132228.jpg
20230219_163014.jpg

Bags G & H - Front End & Front Camber Links
Same process as Bags E & F. Went with -1° sweep & 12° kickup.
Upgrades completed:
Aluminum A & B blocks - #TKR5161 & #TKR5162
20230219_163527.jpg
20230219_185209.jpg
20230219_201714.jpg

Bag I - Steering Assembly
Not bad, except for the stoopid servo saver spring. That was a real pain. :banghead: Tried multi-tool, plyers, wrench, vice clamp.......finally just used all my might with my palm. 💪 Lined up the screw cap and pushed on it until it caught. I was able to finally get it to catch and start screwing on. Thankfully, it was straight on, and I didn’t cross thread it. Placed the Ackerman plate on the far rear hole.
20230219_202157.jpg
20230219_221524.jpg

Upgrades completed:
Aluminum Ackerman plate - #TKR5100

That's it for now. Going to continue working on it today and will update my progress later. Peace Out for now!!! 😁✌️

This is cool! I've never built a kit before but it must take forever. Already takes me like 6 hours to build an arrma and a kit has to be much more involved. :ROFLMAO:

Can't wait to see the finished product!

This is cool! I've never built a kit before but it must take forever. Already takes me like 6 hours to build an arrma and a kit has to be much more involved. :ROFLMAO:

Can't wait to see the finished product!
Thanks!!

Actually it's not that bad. It's like a lego kit. Start with bag A, everything is there and follow detailed instructions. Mine would be done by now if I'd stop watching TV and taking so many smoke breaks while I'm building it!! 😂

So you upgraded C and D to aluminum? Good choice, I'll recommend the aluminum A block now..if I were doing it over, aluminum at A and D are definitely worthwhile IMO.
Great job with the build and write up!!🍻
You're right, I don't know him but, Bill DeLong is an enormous wealth of knowledge with all things rc and racing. I've read alot of his stuff, much appreciated 🍻
Can't wait to see that thing on track!!😁🍻👍😎🤘

Thanks!!

Actually it's not that bad. It's like a lego kit. Start with bag A, everything is there and follow detailed instructions. Mine would be done by now if I'd stop watching TV and taking so many smoke breaks while I'm building it!! 😂
Don't rush it, there's too much winter left..🤣🤣

Fwiw, if you have a Tekno tool or 17mm wheel nut wrench it works perfectly on the servo saver nut.
I do and for whatever reason couldn't get it to work right! 😂 I did use it to tighten it up once I got it on. Lack of experience I guess. 🤷‍♂️
So you upgraded C and D to aluminum? Good choice, I'll recommend the aluminum A block now..if I were doing it over, aluminum at A and D are definitely worthwhile IMO.
Great job with the build and write up!!🍻
You're right, I don't know him but, Bill DeLong is an enormous wealth of knowledge with all things rc and racing. I've read alot of his stuff, much appreciated 🍻
Can't wait to see that thing on track!!😁🍻👍😎🤘
Thanks!! I did upgrade all 4 to aluminum. And the Ackerman. 👍
Oh yes, been waiting too long for this one. Don't hesitate with any questions there's a handful of us who've built the same kit. I think you've got it in the bag though.
Thanks!!! Appreciate that!!
Awesome. The fit and tolerance of a Tekno kit is top notch.
Thanks! It is!
Don't rush it, there's too much winter left..🤣🤣
Hell, I still got the Ryft kit to build and finishing prepping/cleaning up 4 other rigs for Spring with new bearings, diff oil, etc. I'm gettin' there!!! 😂

That is an awesome top quality build you got going there! Looks like a lot of fun! Should be a blast on your track! What power plant are you putting in this?

That is an awesome top quality build you got going there! Looks like a lot of fun! Should be a blast on your track! What power plant are you putting in this?
Thanks bud!! Nuthin' fancy at all, but you'll find out when I get to that step. He-he! 😜
Great work! Fun to build aren’t they 🤩. Love mine 💪
Thanks!! Yup...it's been a blast! 😄

What kind of body are you thinking?
Already got it (again, nuthin' fancy) and the colors picked out. I've never painted a body, so I got a cheap one for my Senton 3s to practice on 1st. But gotta wait till I get to that step to know. He-he! 😜

Supposed to be close to 60° here on Thursday, so hoping that'll be my painting day! 🤞

Remember that a handful of thin coats turns out way better than a couple thick coats.
O yea....I've researched the hell out of it and that's the #1 thing I took away. I research more than I wrench or play with 'em!! 🤷‍♂️ 😄 I plan to make a whole day of it. And if I'm not done, I won't rush....just continue the next day. 👍Good lookin' out though. Appreciate it! 👊

Lookin' good, I think I might be better off with Lego for a bit longer. 🤣 Don't know why a complete build seems intimidating. Probably because I'm sure I will lose something in the middle of the build. :banghead:
I like watching builds though. (y) can't wait to see it all finished up. :)

Lookin' good, I think I might be better off with Lego for a bit longer. 🤣 Don't know why a complete build seems intimidating. Probably because I'm sure I will lose something in the middle of the build. :banghead:
I like watching builds though. (y) can't wait to see it all finished up. :)
Thanks bud!! And yea, I had a few little plastic pieces go flyin across the room!! Luckily found em though. 😂

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back