Tekno EB48 2.1 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3x9rtse

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Talion
Tekno EB48 2.1 build day one .....

as expected well bagged and labeled , great instructions , great fit / finish so far . Building it per kit with just a couple changes , lighter diff fluid front and center and A block pills . One cool thing I found building it is the sway bars ride on bearings , so smoooooth !! The control arms have metal sleeves for the hinge pins , also so very smooth !!! I did one shim on the front diff and 2 on the rear moving the ring gear closer to the pinion . The kit comes with your choice of building with a servo saver or solid adapter , I went with the servo saver . This is where I got to day one ....

IMG_5729.JPG

IMG_5730.JPG

IMG_5731.JPG

IMG_5737.JPG

IMG_5738.JPG

IMG_5741.JPG

IMG_5744.JPG

more....

Attachments

• IMG_5748.JPG
    IMG_5748.JPG
    268.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_5751.JPG
    IMG_5751.JPG
    288.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_5753.JPG
    IMG_5753.JPG
    166.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_5754.JPG
    IMG_5754.JPG
    197.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_5755.JPG
    IMG_5755.JPG
    200.5 KB · Views: 57
Day two build ....
built the shocks , did the bladder build , kit fluids and springs , Tekno has very nice shocks ! All that's left is to organize and solder up the wiring !!! Oh , waiting on paint for body from HH !! Going to use a full pack first , then will be getting a 4s short pack .

IMG_5760.JPG

IMG_5762.JPG

IMG_5764.JPG

IMG_5765.JPG

Never owned a tekno. Looks like such a quality built machine! Looking really good!
Tekno's are absoutely the easiest Kits to build.
Fit, finish and quality is hands down superb.
With the best Manuals in the RC industry.
What you pay for.

Day two build ....
built the shocks , did the bladder build , kit fluids and springs , Tekno has very nice shocks ! All that's left is to organize and solder up the wiring !!! Oh , waiting on paint for body from HH !! Going to use a full pack first , then will be getting a 4s short pack .

View attachment 304046

View attachment 304047

View attachment 304048

View attachment 304049
Looks beautiful, you taking her to the track this Saturday? I’m heading up there to try out my new rig too . Hopefully the weather is nice

Looks beautiful, you taking her to the track this Saturday? I’m heading up there to try out my new rig too . Hopefully the weather is nice
No , it won’t be ready, need tires and paint the body . But yes , I will be there practicing on the new turf layout for Sundays trophy race with my 2 and 4wd SCT’s . You got a new rig too ??? Cool , come find me when you get there .
FYI , can’t use Arrma Typhon wheels on a Tekno , the ribs on the inside hit both front and rear!

No , it won’t be ready, need tires and paint the body . But yes , I will be there practicing on the new turf layout for Sundays trophy race with my 2 and 4wd SCT’s . You got a new rig too ??? Cool , come find me when you get there .
FYI , can’t use Arrma Typhon wheels on a Tekno , the ribs on the inside hit both front and rear!
Yeah nothing even close to yours lol . But I grabbed a truggy so I can get some practice around the track . It’s a Hobao SSTE . I want to get a real deal buggy like yours eventually . But this Hobao is very high quality and a lot of bang for the buck in my eyes . My brother built a speed run VTE Hobao and after I seen the quality his car and all of the parts on his I was sold

Yeah nothing even close to yours lol . But I grabbed a truggy so I can get some practice around the track . It’s a Hobao SSTE . I want to get a real deal buggy like yours eventually . But this Hobao is very high quality and a lot of bang for the buck in my eyes . My brother built a speed run VTE Hobao and after I seen the quality his car and all of the parts on his I was sold
Absolutely , great way to get your feet wet !!

I agree, Tekno shocks are among the best.
My MT410, I spent the extra coin for ALL the Optional Tekno Delrin machined Shock parts. Talk about the plushness now..... incredible.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back