Smilinbri's Tekno SCT410.3 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it's the final stretch and I have completed my build, except for painting the shell!!! 🥳🥳👏🤘

Started painting another one I got as practice since it's my 1st time and o boy, that didn't go well. :rolleyes: Gotta finish that mess and will post in painting forum when I'm done. Def some lessons learned and more practice needed. 🤦‍♂️

Bag N - Servo/ESC/Receiver
Def was easier with the wiring once the side trays were put on the chassis. Took awhile to clean up the wiring and the motor leads were really long. I don't/won't solder (could have shortened em), so had to determine the best way to mount everything so the wires could be neatly tucked away. I think it turned out pretty well! 🤗

Being Tekno and a SCT, which typically are known to be driven on dirt tracks, I was surprised that the receiver box was so open with holes and there wasn't a water/dust proof seal. I understand the holes on top are for a transponder and I believe the other slit was for some extra braking thingy.....I don't have a need for it. So I went the "manly" way and used duct tape!! 😆💪 Black Gorilla tape over all the holes. Put a slight bit of grease around the top edge before putting the lid on and then taped the edges.

I cut the tabs off of the ESC for more room and used double face tape to secure that down. In hindsight I should have left at least 1 tab on and drilled a small hole in the ESC holder and screwed it in. I foresee the ESC flying out after the 1st big crash. I'll deal with that when the time comes.

And ended up not using the Y adapter for the fans that you can see in the 1 pic. Just plugged em both directly into the receiver.

Electronics:
Hobbystar HBW-4724HV Brushless Servo
Radiolink R6FG receiver
Losi Tenacity Pro-Dynamite Fuze ESC-130A (from Jenny's RC)
Tekno 25T aluminum Servo horn #TKR5253B
View attachment 280779
View attachment 280781View attachment 280782View attachment 280783

Bag O & P - Final Assembly - Motor/Servo links/battery tray straps
Straight forward steps.

Motor/Upgrades:
Hobbywing EZRUN 3660/3200kv
17T pinion
Longer battery straps - #TKR40007K
Power Hobby aluminum motor mount
Surpass Rocket 30mm fans x2
Rear arm mud guards - #TKR5174
Air control guards - #TKR5504 - painted with Gun Metal-PS-23

Tires: Team Associated Pro4 SC10 on Fifteen52 wheels

Body: ProLine FLO-TEK Fusion (still needs painted)

I'll post the final pics of the painted body when the weather cooperates and I can get it done.

This was a pretty straight forward build. Only a few hiccups, but was a blast!! I tested it in my basement to make sure it runs. Can't wait to get it out on my track to see her rip!! I'll most likely tweak some of the adjustments once I run it a few times.

Thanks to everyone for following and I hope this build thread helps other newbies building this kit!!! 🥳😁✌️
View attachment 280784View attachment 280785View attachment 280786View attachment 280787View attachment 280788View attachment 280789View attachment 280790View attachment 280791View attachment 280792
I never really liked the design of the servo mount and cable routing for the servo. Seemed rather haphazard and definitely a pain to switch out servos. Not to mention the Rome Colosseum style receiver box LOL

You had the exact same thought as I did about using the gorilla tape to plug those holes!!! :ROFLMAO:

Looking good, and yeah +1 those tires make the stand out 👍

I never really liked the design of the servo mount and cable routing for the servo. Seemed rather haphazard and definitely a pain to switch out servos. Not to mention the Rome Colosseum style receiver box LOL

You had the exact same thought as I did about using the gorilla tape to plug those holes!!! :ROFLMAO:

Looking good, and yeah +1 those tires make the stand out 👍
Thanks bud!!!

Do I qualify for my SCT410.3 member's club card now? :unsure:🤗 😜 I wanna laminate it for my wallet! 😂✌️🥳

@Dutch @KnowAir ??

Hey so when I recently shredded up my center diff mount I went with the aluminum upgrade for the other side too.

PXL_20230224_230434833.MP.jpg

You can see the 1 screw that backed out causing all the ruckus. Bastard. You can also see what gravel stuck in the chassis does to the driveshafts too. All good it's still true.

Hey so when I recently shredded up my center diff mount I went with the aluminum upgrade for the other side too.

View attachment 280807
You can see the 1 screw that backed out causing all the ruckus. Bastard. You can also see what gravel stuck in the chassis does to the driveshafts too. All good it's still true.
I did that to my 4s Infraction drive shaft too. Was like, " What the hell is that grinding sound?" :ROFLMAO:

Very nice build bud! Really looks like a quality built rig! Look forward to seeing the shell! (y)

@Smilinbri .. I built one late last year too..!!
I can't believe I didn't do a build thread :ROFLMAO: you may have seen me asking random questions over on the Tekno forum.
Tekno's are such fun to build, the quality is amazing vs the RTR's we all normally play with ;)

Don't want to highjack your thread, but here's a few pics of mine, built purely for 4s..
There are so many things to love about these SCT's..!!

View attachment 280435View attachment 280433View attachment 280434
Hey BashingB.....meant to ask, what did you use for the screening in the air holes on your body? And how'd you install it? Got pics of the underside to share? Appreciate it!! (y) 👊:D

Hey BashingB.....meant to ask, what did you use for the screening in the air holes on your body? And how'd you install it? Got pics of the underside to share? Appreciate it!! (y) 👊:D
@Smilinbri
No problem..!!
I used fly screen fiberglass mesh ( super strong, cheap, flexible and you can paint it, think the roll was like 2m x 1m for like $6 ) all held in place with trusty old Shoe Goo ;)(y)
Painted the sheet with Tamiya PS silver, then clear yellow to give a chrome'ish look, then stuck it all down..!!

To be honest, I only painted it to use up spare paint I had, it came out alright I think..
The hardest part was getting the mesh all straight and facing the same way..!! :ROFLMAO: it's all in the details..:cool:
Hope that helps..

( my original plan was to use that mesh to re-enforce bodies )

IMG_4171.jpeg

@Smilinbri
No problem..!!
I used fly screen fiberglass mesh ( super strong, cheap, flexible and you can paint it, think the roll was like 2m x 1m for like $6 ) all held in place with trusty old Shoe Goo ;)(y)
Painted the sheet with Tamiya PS silver, then clear yellow to give a chrome'ish look, then stuck it all down..!!

To be honest, I only painted it to use up spare paint I had, it came out alright I think..
The hardest part was getting the mesh all straight and facing the same way..!! :ROFLMAO: it's all in the details..:cool:
Hope that helps..

( my original plan was to use that mesh to re-enforce bodies )

View attachment 281518
Thanks so much!!! Looks easy enough and yours looks great!! I hate the big holes for my dirt track...I know it'll suck in so much crap. I'll post pics when I get mine completed!

Appreciate ya'! Have a great day!! 👊😁✌️

That’s exactly what I thought when I saw those huge holes in the body..!! It will just suck up all the debris and dirt etc
I understand and agree but, the amount of debris thrown into the chassis by the tires is my real concern. I had a mud bash with my bro on Thanksgiving last year..we ran Xmaxx's along with his vxl rustler and my sct410..bad idea!!😮🤔😖🤣🤣
I am going to make inner fenders for the sct no doubt!! OR not run in wet conditions. Not shoveling mud out of that poor thing again,LOL.
It was so bad the suspension was basically bottomed out from the weight of the mud!!🤣🤣

I understand and agree but, the amount of debris thrown into the chassis by the tires is my real concern. I had a mud bash with my bro on Thanksgiving last year..we ran Xmaxx's along with his vxl rustler and my sct410..bad idea!!😮🤔😖🤣🤣
I am going to make inner fenders for the sct no doubt!! OR not run in wet conditions. Not shoveling mud out of that poor thing again,LOL.
It was so bad the suspension was basically bottomed out from the weight of the mud!!🤣🤣
Yea, I try not to run em when it's muddy. So much fun, but to me, not worth the cleanup! Bad enough with my dusty track just tryin' to clean all the dry dirt and little rocks out! :ROFLMAO:

Yea, I try not to run em when it's muddy. So much fun, but to me, not worth the cleanup! Bad enough with my dusty track just tryin' to clean all the dry dirt and little rocks out! :ROFLMAO:
Haha
1677510534528.png

Still waiting for you to make my Tekno SCT410.3 club card!! 😜 :ROFLMAO: I'm gonna laminate one and frame one!! Cuz I'm a nerd like that!!! :ROFLMAO:🤓🤪
@Dutch, get on that! @Smilinbri is a dues paying member now!

Wouldn't want to have the union called on us now would we??? We all know what they'd find 👀
I'm still meaning to make this "undercarriage" happen:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/1-10-alternatives.54786/post-791886
Props to @Mikeeeal for the tip on this.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back