Outcast So guys some opinions please, Outcast, Notorious it Talion?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edough13

Bashing, Speed running and family!!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Mojave
  6. Notorious
  7. Typhon 6s
  8. Vorteks
I mostly bash and jump but like to do some speed runs also, already have the Granite 3s blx but looking for my first 6s rig. Thanks for your input, will be ordering later this evening.....

I mostly bash and jump but like to do some speed runs also, already have the Granite 3s blx but looking for my first 6s rig. Thanks for your input, will be ordering later this evening.....
Noto and Outcast are the same but different bodies. For me the Noto is the most fun out of the box. Just stay away from the EXB roller.

Outcast and Notorious are the same truck except for the body. So between those go for the one you think looks better.

As far as the Talion goes, it's the polar opposite of the Notorious/Outcast. If you like the Granite, go Noto/Outcast. Of you want something completely different that handles way better, go Talion.

Outcast and Notorious are the same truck except for the body. So between those go for the one you think looks better.

As far as the Talion goes, it's the polar opposite of the Notorious/Outcast. If you like the Granite, go Noto/Outcast. Of you want something completely different that handles way better, go Talion.
I really need to drive a Talion, I always hear great things but it seems to be overlooked in the lineup, at least that's my impression.

Out of all the ones you listed I only have the Talion so I can only give my thoughts on it. The Talion is a very nimble and well balanced truck. It flies through the air very well and handles amazingly. Being a Arrma it’s tuff as nails and is very fast right out of the box. It is great for both on road and off. Good luck with your choice as long as you go with a Arrma you won’t be disappointed.

Talion gets my vote, secret is to keep it as light as possible (stock is near perfect) and don't bog it down with heavy upgrades. One of the best bashers imho and can be easily converted to do speed runs. Limitation will be the tires, they all blow up above 65mph. That is on all stock 6S other than the road runners.
On the animal ranking scale:
Talion - nimble Gazelle
Kraton - agile Cow
Outcast - nervous Squirrel (don't have one)
Always eyeballed a Mojave but don'yt have the terrain for it.

Talion gets my vote, secret is to keep it as light as possible (stock is near perfect) and don't bog it down with heavy upgrades. One of the best bashers imho and can be easily converted to do speed runs. Limitation will be the tires, they all blow up above 65mph. That is on all stock 6S other than the road runners.
Talion - nimble Gazelle
Kraton - agile Cow
Weighted mine down but dropped a max6/hobbystar 4092 1730kv in it, and geared it 24/46. Low flying missile but built like a tank! I run the 4s Outcast tires on it so they balloon a little but it handles way better on the gravel. It is my favorite out of the 6 6s rigs I have.

talion4.jpg

Talion - nimble Gazelle
Kraton - agile Cow
LOL! "Agile cow"... A monster if I've ever heard one! LOL
All the models have a little something than makes them different and since you like to jump and bash around I'd lean towards a vehicle with larger wheels. The Kraton is akin to a middle ground point between the buggy style and monster truck style so it is a sort of jack of all trades that lends itself to high speed sending ;)

Now that Talion is ordered, what's some must do upgrades? Parts to have for breakages, A arms etc? Again I bash and jump for the most part and occasionally do some speed runs. Not looking to drop a ton more cash as the $600 hurt the bank account for a little lol.
And if anyone has any 3,4 or 6s batteries they'd like to donate message me LMAO?

Now that Talion is ordered, what's some must do upgrades? Parts to have for breakages, A arms etc? Again I bash and jump for the most part and occasionally do some speed runs. Not looking to drop a ton more cash as the $600 hurt the bank account for a little lol.

Since all the 6s are so similar I'd think you'll want to get bumpers (I put RPM bumper front and back on my Kraton), make sure the fluids are full in the diffs (often come factory half fluid from what I understand) and a cooling fan for the motor.

I also bought aluminum chassis supports but I'm not putting them on till stock break s (and it will eventually I'm sure) but other than that the 6s models are pretty solid out of the box.

Here's some of the stuff I've done to my Kraton:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/newsenseis-kraton-6s-build-thread.26545/

EDIT: you may want to change the center diff fluid to something WAY thicker, helps cut down on ballooning and seems to work well for bash and send ;)

Ya might look at bumpers, not to big on cosmetics unless they help with durability, definitely going to get some chassis supports and look into motor fans. Definitely seems from researching keeping Talion almost stock and light helps with longevity of the rig. Again thanks guys I really do appreciate your input and knowledge!!
Ok, seems a lot of guys run 500k in center diff? 10-50k rear and 50-60k front?

Last edited:
And if anyone has any 3,4 or 6s batteries they'd like to donate message me LMAO?

Congrats on the new vehicle!

As far as "must do" upgrades, you'll probably get a variety of opinions. On my list would be:

1) Motor fan, something like a Yeah racing YA-0261BK
2) A set of rubber sealed bearings - swap them out as you start servicing the vehicle
3) RPM front bumper and rear skid plates
4) Metal chassis braces - the Arrma EXB ones are inexpensive and will work well. You will need to drill your top plate out to accept a 4mm bolt, but that's pretty easy and the rest of the installation is painless.

I'd order a new 25 kg servo - can be had for $13 on banggood or $25ish on Amazon and keep it around until your factory one craps out. Ordering from banggood takes two to three weeks but you can save a bunch if you order certain parts proactively.

Finally, if you don't have a good set of hex drivers - get some. At a minimum, a set of MIP hex drivers (MIP 9502) and a set of speed tips would be nice as well (MIP 9512)

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back