Stupidest way to break a bone 🙄

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear you. We are only as old as we feel.
When I got custody, I was single and the first 2 months were VERY hard until a buddy's wife clued me into a secret. Want time for yourself? Then get them out and moving to wear them out so they would actually fall asleep when you put them to bed. Hell great dating material is found in playgrounds. My 2 gfs since 2013 were found there(no they weren't kids! They were there with their own!)
I always said the same thing, a bit of excercise, to get them to burn some energy and sleep, get fresh air., to stop giving them junk food. Suger, chips cookies and crap. Wife is clueless. I can tell her a thousand times. I would take my then young son out at 8pm for a quick bike ride for an hour. Just Common sense.
She would tell me, he sleeps too late in the morning because I do that. What a joke. Blames me for everything. She just has a hate for me. Yet some of her supposed friends counter her position. Then they realize she is nuts and don't friend her any more. Her only friends are aquaintances. Parents of my sons friends.
Many thought I was a bad father. Until they met me with my son at the park or wherever. Some would say hello to him and blow me off. Even my son told me a few times that mommy said bad things to them about me.
That's why I am divorcing her. Covid just slowed down the whole process by a year or more. But I have one foot out the door. That's a positive note.:)
Even her own family told me to leave her. I never realized she was the black sheep until I had a child with her.

I always said the same thing, a bit of excercise, to get them to burn some energy and sleep, get fresh air., to stop giving them junk food. Suger, chips cookies and crap. Wife is clueless. I can tell her a thousand times. I would take my then young son out at 8pm for a quick bike ride for an hour. Just Common sense.
She would tell me, he sleeps too late in the morning because I do that. What a joke. Blames me for everything. She just has a hate for me. Yet some of her supposed friends counter her position. Then they realize she is nuts and don't friend her any more. Her only friends are aquaintances. Parents of my sons friends.
Many thought I was a bad father. Until they met me with my son at the park or wherever. Some would say hello to him and blow me off. Even my son told me a few times that mommy said bad things to them about me.
That's why I am divorcing her. Covid just slowed down the whole process by a year or more. But I have one foot out the door. That's a positive note.:)
Even her own family told me to leave her. I never realized she was the black sheep until I had a child with her.
I was with one of those types for way too long (25 years). Now that I’m not…it’s amazing. No relationship is perfect but what I have found is as close to perfect as i desire. We laugh and say that we weren’t born made for each other… Life has made us for each other.

Prayers for your recovery and wifey surgery and recovery. 🙏🙏

I was with one of those types for way too long (25 years). Now that I’m not…it’s amazing. No relationship is perfect but what I have found is as close to perfect as i desire. We laugh and say that we weren’t born made for each other… Life has made us for each other.
Yeah 28 years of BS.. She was the bread winner when I met her, 6 figures etc. an Accountant. Then she decided to stay home not working after 4 years and I had to work dog hours for us to survive here in NYC. But managed to buy a 2 fam house, pay the bills , notes etc. That's why I drive my cars for many years till they crap out. I cant afford to have nice cars or project cars to build anymore. Time to move on.(y);)
RC keeps me sane.:ROFLMAO:

Similar circumstances here. Her mother and 3 of 4 sisters initiated CAS(like American cps) involvement and they took the children away. Her mom and ALL 4 sisters wrote me everything I needed in affidavits. Two of those sisters always felt I was the "dumb Newf" yet stepped up not for me but for their niece and nephew.
It's good you are getting out. I witnessed first hand the effects a toxic relationship has on children. My daughter was actually DIAGNOSED with PTSD over it and was involved in counseling for 5 years.

Saddest part of all this was it was preventable. My ex went through severe postpartum depressin. Yet she refused to believe anything was "wrong" with her or accept help or treatment.
I really love those last 2 sentences and the more I think about it, that should be the very definition of Soulmates
I got checked out. No broken bones but tore ligaments and tendons. I’d rather have broken bones. Ligs and tens take so long to heal. I have a giant ‘walking boot’ on for awhile now.

Just waiting on my love now. Fighting down the nervous anxiety that keeps trying to surface.
I had to give up playing hockey at 37 when I did that to my knee. Tried again at 40 after 2 years of therapy but couldn't backskate. A defenseman who can't backskate is as useful as a bad case of herpes.

And no, I wasn't in the NHL or I'd have a Mojave by now
Similar circumstances here. Her mother and 3 of 4 sisters initiated CAS(like American cps) involvement and they took the children away. Her mom and ALL 4 sisters wrote me everything I needed in affidavits. Two of those sisters always felt I was the "dumb Newf" yet stepped up not for me but for their niece and nephew.
It's good you are getting out. I witnessed first hand the effects a toxic relationship has on children. My daughter was actually DIAGNOSED with PTSD over it and was involved in counseling for 5 years.

Saddest part of all this was it was preventable. My ex went through severe postpartum depressin. Yet she refused to believe anything was "wrong" with her or accept help or treatment.

I really love those last 2 sentences and the more I think about it, that should be the very definition of Soulmates

I had to give up playing hockey at 37 when I did that to my knee. Tried again at 40 after 2 years of therapy but couldn't backskate. A defenseman who can't backskate is as useful as a bad case of herpes.

That was hard on me. I'd played league from age 4 to 37 with only one year missed due to a bad back that I rested when I was 32. Hope your recovery is better

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for the well wishes, funny comments and I always appreciate prayers for my wife! And thanks for listening also. I really appreciate it. I don’t Facebook and don’t socialize much so this beautiful forum has become sanity check for me.

Yesterday was actually a great day. My step daughter had been leading up to it all week and she finally asked if she could call me dad☺️ My own son is 26 and we haven’t spoken in over a year. Unfortunate events lead to estrangement at times. So this is… healing for me.

Normally I chase Belle and any other kids there around the playground with my granite. It’s the lava monster and the ground is the lava field and the playground equipment is the safe zone. With my fused neck I am normally very careful. But after our conversation she said (with a little hesitation and shyness) ‘dad? would you chase me this time instead of the granite?’ I mean how could I resist!?!

Stupid foot is swollen up and bruised this morning but I can walk on it. Barely and slowly. I’m going to use one of my 5% lidocaine pain patches, meant for my neck, on my foot and wrap it real tight. For anybody dealing with chronic pain I highly recommend asking your pain doctor about these patches. They’re non-narcotic and work very well for near 12 hours (see attached).

Only problem with going to the emergency room after I get my wife checked in for surgery is if they cast it up, I won’t be able to drive as It’s my right foot. So I’m going wait a few days until I get her home and then I’ll deal with my own issues. I have hurt myself so much in my life I typically wait a couple three days anyway unless im badly concussed or bleeding out. There’s a good chance this is tendon damage anyway. I’d rather have broken bones honestly. With higher blood flow they heal fast. Tendons take for freaking ever.

Well it’s time to wake Carrie and get ready
Ouch! Those are tendons right? It’s too early for me to think or Google. Tendon damage is the worst aside from cartridge damage.
Ouch! Those are tendons right? It’s too early for me to think or Google. Tendon damage is the worst aside from cartridge damage.

Think of them as the fingers of the feet. I had 415lb on a bar and on my last set of reps I heard a LOUD *** pop. I let the bar roll off my shoulders and hit the floor. I did not care.

I was able go walk out and get home. I didn't know what had happened. My foot was badly bruised and getting larger by the hour. After 3 days, I finally went to UNC. They had to send me to sports medicine because I wear a size 18 shoe and could not MRI my foot at the hospital.

After getting transported they were finally able to get me a mri. In addition to the visible breaks, I was riddled with stress fractures. My Dr. Told me that if I had kept walking around that way there was a possibility they would have to amputate my foot.

I followed their directions and stayed off. I didn't have a choice. It was also my driving foot and because of they way my cast was formed, I could only drive with my right leg over the center console and brake/gas with my left foot. Looked like I was trying to impregnate my console.
images.jpeg

That is an awesome story about being called dad. It truly is.

Think of them as the fingers of the feet. I had 415lb on a bar and on my last set of reps I heard a LOUD *** pop. I let the bar roll off my shoulders and hit the floor. I did not care.

I was able go walk out and get home. I didn't know what had happened. My foot was badly bruised and getting larger by the hour. After 3 days, I finally went to UNC. They had to send me to sports medicine because I wear a size 18 shoe and could not MRI my foot at the hospital.

After getting transported they were finally able to get me a mri. In addition to the visible breaks, I was riddled with stress fractures. My Dr. Told me that if I had kept walking around that way there was a possibility they would have to amputate my foot.

I followed their directions and stayed off. I didn't have a choice. It was also my driving foot and because of they way my cast was formed, I could only drive with my right leg over the center console and brake/gas with my left foot. Looked like I was trying to impregnate my console.
View attachment 174121

That is an awesome story about being called dad. It truly is.
Damn! I broke all those in my right foot when I was in my 20s. Fell/jumped off a two-story roof (You know, started to fall while roofing so instinctively jumped to ‘control the crash’ instead) landing mostly on front my right foot.

This time I ended up with torn ligaments and tendons. I would rather have broken bones honestly since they heal faster. But I got the nice fancy giant boot to wear for weeks on end 🤣

It’s amazing being called dad by someone who doesn’t have to but wants to. The kids been through a lot, her father is a drunken nightmare. My wife’s father was a drunken nightmare also which started that bad cycle. But she is only eight so we have plenty of time break the cycle and raise her right with a proper father figure. I’m not perfect but I have an amazing father figure who I learned from and still do. And I love Belle, try my best for her and put the kids interests first.

That was hard on me. I'd played league from age 4 to 37 with only one year missed due to a bad back that I rested when I was 32. Hope your recovery is better
I know what it’s like to lose the sport that you love. I was a competitive cyclist most of my entire life. My cervical spine destabilized in 2016 and had emergency surgery, a C2-7 fusion. I have so much metal in my neck that I set off metal detectors 🤣

I tried to get back on my bike a year later and damaged T1 through three, causing a good amount of nerve damage also. So I deal with that nerve damage and constant pain now with monthly epidural steroid shots and as little medication as possible.

I was hobbyless for years and thought I was gonna lose my mind until I found RC at the beginning of 2020. That’s the only thing I found that I have a similar passion for like cycling. It works for me 😊

Last edited:
It’s so true! Everything that she and I went through near 50 years of life before meeting has made us appreciate each other so much the more. We are polar opposites but that doesn’t seem to matter. It just works. 20, 30 years ago we wouldn’t have given each other a second look. But now all we can see is each other and it’s been like that since we met.
I love life again. It had been such a long time since I appreciated, loved even, being alive…

It’s so true! Everything that she and I went through near 50 years of life before meeting has made us appreciate each other so much the more. We are polar opposites but that doesn’t seem to matter. It just works. 20, 30 years ago we wouldn’t have given each other a second look. But now all we can see is each other and it’s been like that since we met.
I love life again. It had been such a long time since I appreciated, loved even, being alive…
It DOES matter. Opposites attract. Keeps it interesting instead of boring. You bring some parts into the relationship and she brings the rest that is needed.
Here's a play on the Batman quote: she isnt the lover you want but the lover you need. Make sense? Us Newfs have a more crude sounding way of putting it: "show me the hottest piece of @ss and I will show you a man sick of her sh1t". Even Mutt Lange once said he loves Shania Twain(his wife) but she drives him batsh1t. And I always felt the reason for so many failed marriages is people confuse love with lust.

All is very good, my baby made it through the 11 hour surgery just fine. I’ll be bringing her home in a couple days…cancer free thank god 😊

I was just chasing my 8 year old step-daughter around the play ground. Up and down all around until I decided to swing down off the play structure and jump the last 5 feet to cut her off. Somewhere along the line I forgot that I’m 51.

Have you ever had your foot fold in half lengthwise? It really hurts and the snapping sound was nauseating. The good thing is I’ll be right next to the emergency room tomorrow when I take my wife into the hospital at 5 AM for her cancer surgery. After checking her in I will hobble down to emergency.

Talk about bad timing to be…stupid.
How you holding up?
Routine Dancing GIF

Wish you and your wife both speedy recovery’s.
Remember age is just a number 😂
People look at me funny when they ask how old I am & I tell them I think I’m 53? Their reply is “you think “
Kudos for you stepping up for step-daughter!! 😎

How you holding up?
Routine Dancing GIF
Amazing 😊 my wife is doing very well this morning for someone that had an 11 hour surgery.

My foots swollen, turning blue and hurts like a sumofabitch but who cares. My girls okay…and today is our first wedding anniversary ❤️

‘Only thing that’s sux is we’ve a private room and can’t use it!’ (her words to the nurse last night 😂).
It DOES matter. Opposites attract. Keeps it interesting instead of boring. You bring some parts into the relationship and she brings the rest that is needed.
Here's a play on the Batman quote: she isnt the lover you want but the lover you need. Make sense? Us Newfs have a more crude sounding way of putting it: "show me the hottest piece of @ss and I will show you a man sick of her sh1t". Even Mutt Lange once said he loves Shania Twain(his wife) but she drives him batsh1t. And I always felt the reason for so many failed marriages is people confuse love with lust.
Yup, every now and then I make sure to tell her I ‘like’ her. That she’s a cool chick. My best buddy. ‘Love’ is spoken of daily. But ‘like’ needs to be in the mix also. Otherwise, being human, we look for that friendship elsewhere. Thus the ‘I love my wife but can’t stand her’ scenario so often seen in marriages.

After my divorce and first post divorce relationship failure I spent a year alone just thinking. I’d realized it wasn’t ‘her’’ fault, regardless of who ‘her’ is. I had to figure out my issues first.

I feel like I did. I met Carrie, we started out as friends, hiking and happy hour buddies and then 4 weeks later it hit us both. We really liked each other. Then love happened fast. We’re both 50 and decided there was no reason to wait. A year later we married on the same date we committed to each other a year before. Which also is today, Oct. 15th. 😊

Last edited:
My in-laws always said I was too gentle. Maybe I was.:unsure:
It’s good to be gentle with the right situations and people. Strong and firm with others. Downright vicious with those bad ones.

Regardless of who and what, firm boundaries and consistency are also needed. That has been the hardest thing for me to learn. Firm boundaries and consistency I struggle with but am getting better at.

Amazing 😊 my wife is doing very well this morning for someone that had an 11 hour surgery.

My foots swollen, turning blue and hurts like a sumofabitch but who cares. My girls okay…and today is our first wedding anniversary ❤️

‘Only thing that’s sux is we’ve a private room and can’t use it!’ (her words to the nurse last night 😂).

Yup, every now and then I make sure to tell her I ‘like’ her. That she’s a cool chick. My best buddy. ‘Love’ is spoken of daily. But ‘like’ needs to be in the mix also. Otherwise, being human, we look for that friendship elsewhere. Thus the ‘I love my wife but can’t stand her’ scenario so often seen in marriages.

After my divorce and first post divorce relationship failure I spent a year alone just thinking. I’d realized it wasn’t ‘her’’ fault, regardless of who ‘her’ is. I had to figure out my issues first.

I feel like I did. I met Carrie, we started out as friends, hiking and happy hour buddies and then 4 weeks later it hit us both. We really liked each other. Then love happened fast. We’re both 50 and decided there was no reason to wait. A year later we married on the same date we committed to each other a year before. Which also is today, Oct. 15th. 😊
Happy anniversary! It's also my daughter's 8th birthday today😍

Happy anniversary! It's also my daughter's 8th birthday today😍
Hey!! I remember us talking about that a year ago I believe. Happy birthday to your daughter! I bet she is loving that gorgeous horse you got her!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back