Notorious Stuttering, weird sound and slow on full throttle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fabiankrieger

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Notorious
Hi!
I hope somebody knows how i can fix this. I've bought this new Notorious V5 not long ago and (semi)bashed it 2 times. Semi because it's new :p

But somehow a propeller from the ESC broke off, i thought that was wrong with the RC. I already took the broken propellor out. But still on full throttle, it goes really slow, it stutters and makes a weird sound.

Take a look at the video, i hope somebody knows what's wrong. I loved my V4 a lot and it survived a whole lot of bash sessions.
Video 1:

Video 2:

I'm counting on you :D

Could be one of your motor wires came unplugged or un soldered. Does it go faster in reverese? If yes try the reversing the channel two switch. The factory settings are for reverse to be slower and sometimes that switch can get bumped by accident. Hope it’s something simple...

Could be one of your motor wires came unplugged or un soldered. Does it go faster in reverese? If yes try the reversing the channel two switch. The factory settings are for reverse to be slower and sometimes that switch can get bumped by accident. Hope it’s something simple...
I think reverse goes a bit faster yes. But haven't tried it yet, i can test it out tomorrow. But great suggestion thank you!

Have you also heard the weird sound in the video? It wasn't like that the first 2 runs i think.

From the vids it seems to me that you need to switch two of the motor wires then switch the channel two reverse switch to get full throttle. Not sure if what you are hearing is cogging or internal gears. Time to investigate

From the vids it seems to me that you need to switch two of the motor wires then switch the channel two reverse switch to get full throttle. Not sure if what you are hearing is cogging or internal gears. Time to investigate
Isn't it weird that the first 2 runs it wasn't a problem? The wires always stayed the same.

From an outsiders perspective I don’t know that and the small video clips aren’t very telling. I just noticed your reverse looked like it had more punch and I’ve had to do the same thing to another vehicle. I’d definitely check out your diff gears though to be sure to check those off the list and then maybe try another ESC

Isn't it weird that the first 2 runs it wasn't a problem? The wires always stayed the same.
This is why I think the transmitter switch was bump by accident as it seemed fine before. Also if you have a lipo checker it would not hurt to make sure you’re batteries are charged properly and you’re not running it in lvc.

This is why I think the transmitter switch was bump by accident as it seemed fine before. Also if you have a lipo checker it would not hurt to make sure you’re batteries are charged properly and you’re not running it in lvc.
Yeah alright. And I tried different lipo’s, same results.

Are you running a Mod 1.5 pinion? It sure looks like it. If so, there’s your problem.

Damn dude that pinion looks mod 1.5 to me……can you take a close up of your pinion and spur where they mesh? I know the rig is new……maybe it’s my eyesight.

Damn dude that pinion looks mod 1.5 to me……can you take a close up of your pinion and spur where they mesh? I know the rig is new……maybe it’s my eyesight.
Hold up, I’ll make a few pics.
Oh snap, I see some chunks in the red mount 😵
B0BEFB12-BCB8-4AF7-B4EB-F19873EFD377.jpeg
DA96568C-6F78-42D5-98B5-32F07947654B.jpeg

damn i cant tell even from a closeup. Im going to assume its the proper pinion since the rig is new. Other than that, I don't know whats causing your issue. It does sound like a diff problem to me still, particularly when the rig is pushed by hand. Maybe time to disassemble the diffs and see.
cheers,
kev

damn i cant tell even from a closeup. Im going to assume its the proper pinion since the rig is new. Other than that, I don't know whats causing your issue. It does sound like a diff problem to me still, particularly when the rig is pushed by hand. Maybe time to disassemble the diffs and see.
cheers,
kev
Thanks for all the info, but I can slide the pinion a little bit with my finger. I think that’s the problem. That’s why the motor mount is damaged.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back