Notorious Stuttering, weird sound and slow on full throttle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Make sure you use some locktite and let the rig sit for 24 hours before you run it. Actually, Id take the pinion off, clean it with alcohol, clean the motor shaft, clean the set screw first, then locktite and install.

cheers,
kev

Make sure you use some locktite and let the rig sit for 24 hours before you run it. Actually, Id take the pinion off, clean it with alcohol, clean the motor shaft, clean the set screw first, then locktite and install.

cheers,
kev
I just put the whole thing together haha. I will test it out tomorrow to be sure there isn’t anything else broken.

make sure everything is plugged in on your esc check motor and esc wires also check motor bearings

Hi!
I hope somebody knows how i can fix this. I've bought this new Notorious V5 not long ago and (semi)bashed it 2 times. Semi because it's new :p

But somehow a propeller from the ESC broke off, i thought that was wrong with the RC. I already took the broken propellor out. But still on full throttle, it goes really slow, it stutters and makes a weird sound.

Take a look at the video, i hope somebody knows what's wrong. I loved my V4 a lot and it survived a whole lot of bash sessions.
Video 1:

Video 2:

I'm counting on you :D
I think it might be your slipper clutch

You should be spraying some kind of lubricant on the metal parts so things don't rust all the screws on mine started to now that I lubricate its way better and the notorious is a beast I bash the poop out of mine nothing major has broke yet you should also get this front bumper way better then the original
20210614_012648.jpg

I put a rear skid plate on the front had to make it work but it definitely helps and the mesh cover helps big time to keep out dirt and as u can see from the roof and front body she gets bashed pretty good and takes it

16236487430555064098071132118288.jpg

20210614_013057.jpg

20210614_013009.jpg

You may also want to check your esc program there's like 8 different things to mess with and if u changed your engine timing or anything it would probably mess it up
And with the bigger PINION it comes with I just got it up to 63 mph I got my infraction up to 83 mph but it will go faster definitely raise ur punch setting if u put it on 9 the highest setting it will do back flips from a stand still

Last edited:
hi was just wondering if the grub screw fixed your problem ? I'm having a very similar problem on my v5 kraton 6s it runs perfectly fine for 10 mins then will start to stutter badly out of no where just like that. my esc stops beeping as well but will continue to flash the appropriate leds when turning it off and back on again. im stumped

hi was just wondering if the grub screw fixed your problem ? I'm having a very similar problem on my v5 kraton 6s it runs perfectly fine for 10 mins then will start to stutter badly out of no where just like that. my esc stops beeping as well but will continue to flash the appropriate leds when turning it off and back on again. im stumped
That sounds like a temp issue… getting hot and then malfunctioning. The stutter is what I’ve gotten when I have to tall of a pinion and the ecs overloads and starts to stutter 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’m no pro but that’s what it sounds like to me.

That sounds like a temp issue… getting hot and then malfunctioning. The stutter is what I’ve gotten when I have to tall of a pinion and the ecs overloads and starts to stutter 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’m no pro but that’s what it sounds like to me.
I was thinking over heating too but it didn't really make sence to me since I was never heaving this issue prior to installing a motor heat sink and fan ... Why would me adding cooling effect the heat negatively 🤨.

It really it's a phantom issue if it's not just faultty electronics

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back