Talion EXB options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

podthis

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
  2. Vorteks
Hi
I recently got a Talion EXB and would appreciate advice on the following:
  1. Wheel options for:
    • General purpose bashing
    • Road/sidewalk usage
    • Impacts of above on wear and gearing noting wheel mass, offset and diameter/width affect these
  2. Is a motor fan a necessary upgrade?
  3. Alternate bodies that will fit the car
Thanks

Most will say the Backflip LP. I have not tried them but they will be my next tire to try. I am currently running the Redcat Kaiju tire on mine and them seem like a decent tire. They are very similar to the Pro-Line Badlands. They do get way more traction then the stock therefore will wheelie easier. As for wear and tear that will always be there. Maintenance is key. Check fluids and make sure everything is properly fastened. The stance is also wider do to the wider tires and or offset or both. It is because of that that it is more stable on turns. As for the motor fan it all depends on your driving style and temps. I decided to ditch the heat sink and go with a 40mm rocket fan just mainly for weight reduction. Most things I have read is the Talion shines staying light. Bodies its what you think you can get to work lol. You can change body mounts in many ways. I have done 2 different ones so far. Still working on the last one.

20220430_205732.jpg

20220213_164946.jpg

20220213_164859_HDR.jpg

20220213_165029.jpg

20220501_152137.jpg

20220501_152150.jpg

No they are close enough to the stock size. If you don't change the diameter to much the stock gearing should work fine. You can check temps to be sure but I haven't had a problem with the Kaiju tires so far. When looking at tires they all should list diameter so just match what is closet to stock. With the backflips there are 2 different ones. You want the lp.

Do you not like the katars? Because most people I believe recommend the backflips for the ground clearance boost and for rotation on flips since they can balloon some.

I mostly jump and skate park bash I love them and the full size ones.

The katars that come with your truck are belted
tho to handle high speed but will handle everything on your list. Just be advised that any off road tire will wear quickly on pavement.

A fan will help with temps alot and is definitely necessary if you gear up. Surpass hobby double fan has held up great for me.

A 35kg servo off of Amazon when your stocker gives up and a fan would be the first things I'd do.

Do you not like the katars? Because most people I believe recommend the backflips for the ground clearance boost and for rotation on flips since they can balloon some.

I mostly jump and skate park bash I love them and the full size ones.

The katars that come with your truck are belted
tho to handle high speed but will handle everything on your list. Just be advised that any off road tire will wear quickly on pavement.

A fan will help with temps alot and is definitely necessary if you gear up. Surpass hobby double fan has held up great for me.

A 35kg servo off of Amazon when your stocker gives up and a fan would be the first things I'd do.
Nice one, thanks. I like the stock Talion wheels but sounds like for a bit of air one needs roomier tyres. Also want something as a second set that will last longer on the road
No they are close enough to the stock size. If you don't change the diameter to much the stock gearing should work fine. You can check temps to be sure but I haven't had a problem with the Kaiju tires so far. When looking at tires they all should list diameter so just match what is closet to stock. With the backflips there are 2 different ones. You want the lp.
Thanks will check out the LP backflips

Nice one, thanks. I like the stock Talion wheels but sounds like for a bit of air one needs roomier tyres. Also want something as a second set that will last longer on the road

Thanks will check out the LP backflips
Sounds like you're going to need 2 new sets of tires 😂 backflip LPs are great if you do want something different then the katars, like I said great for jumps.

And then 3.8 banditos or proline street fighters for on road?

Racing tires and wheels are easily the best performing. I use these the most.

The stock Katars are amazing because they help you keep control even with too much power and not enough traction (everywhere)

The smaller Badlands (144mm or so) are amazing too all terrain.

The racing ones work best on the street for me. I don't use steet only tires because I always go off road a bit even when on road.

I have hoons here with 30/44 gearing but haven't bothered with them yet

Racing tires and wheels are easily the best performing. I use these the most.

The stock Katars are amazing because they help you keep control even with too much power and not enough traction (everywhere)

The smaller Badlands (144mm or so) are amazing too all terrain.

The racing ones work best on the street for me. I don't use steet only tires because I always go off road a bit even when on road.

I have hoons here with 30/44 gearing but haven't bothered with them yet
Are you referring to these badlands? https://www.prolineracing.com/produ...-tires-mounted-17mm-blk-raid-2/PRO117810.html

Backflip lp's for jumping and these for everything else. They're great, similar to stock but last MUCH longer on road and they're about 10mm smaller as well. I recommend them 200% for the talion.

I always post this video whenever someone ask this question. I really love these tires on the talion lol. I've never tried jumping with them but they are soft and have some cushion so they might be decent for that too.

Backflip lp's for jumping and these for everything else. They're great, similar to stock but last MUCH longer on road and they're about 10mm smaller as well. I recommend them 200% for the talion.

I always post this video whenever someone ask this question. I really love these tires on the talion lol. I've never tried jumping with them but they are soft and have some cushion so they might be decent for that too.
Yeah once I wear our a few sets I have here already I'll definitely have to try those !

Thanks all. Ordered the backflips LP and a fan. Will revert with my findings
buy some tire glue if you have upgraded electronics

Yes, those are fantastic on a Talion. They are very slightly bigger and a lot more grippy, and lighter than the Katars. Big increase in performance, but harder to drive because the Katars low traction help keep it easier to drive.
Doesn't look like they're belted. Can you tell while driving?

Doesn't look like they're belted. Can you tell while driving?
Belted options with any real performance is few and far between. They are great on the stock 15 tooth but the 23 tooth 70 mile an hour is a bit too fast for them (and most other tires)

I have the belted Badlands too, they are very heavy and 175mmm

Love them, better at 70mph, jump well, but you lose the Talion super handling

Katars really are the best and keeping the Talion a Talion lol

Belted options with any real performance is few and far between. They are great on the stock 15 tooth but the 23 tooth 70 mile an hour is a bit too fast for them (and most other tires)

I have the belted Badlands too, they are very heavy and 175mmm

Love them, better at 70mph, jump well, but you lose the Talion super handling

Katars really are the best and keeping the Talion a Talion lol
Man you'd really love those methodrc tires. 🤣

Man you'd really love those methodrc tires. 🤣
Damn you Moirae where do I buy them🤣
Can't you see I have like 12 sets of tire already!?!

Edit:
It's like $1000 for the Talion
$1000 for the NUMEROUS wheels
$1000 for batteries
$1000 for chargers and Dischargers& cables
$1000 for Futaba radio gear
$1000 for castle electrics and Promodeler servos

Wow, I'm lucky I have an understanding wife
The bleeding never stops 🤣

l

Last edited:
Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back