Team Corally XTR Kronos roller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look what you did to me..🤣🤪

@Rcproponent ... shame about the wing, would a Talion wing fit ??

My cart below.. (arrives Tuesday😁)

View attachment 136905
hey hey! Look at you! You’ll love it.. take the tires and throw them on the shelf.. get yourself some backflip LP’s for it and you’ll be golden. 👍🏻

I think a talion wing would fit! But funny enough I held a Xray and tekno wings up to it and they almost look identical.. in plastic material and all 🤔🤔

I ordered up a couple TC Kronos wings just to be safe ;) lol

also... just got my 4s video up.. ;)

hey hey! Look at you! You’ll love it.. take the tires and throw them on the shelf.. get yourself some backflip LP’s for it and you’ll be golden. 👍🏻
Oh my friend I'm way ahead of you 🤣 I already have Backflip LP's waiting to go, those Corally tyres look like 💩💩 ... 🤣🤣
I do like the look of the Punisher's wheels/tyres and the body though...

I've no idea what power to put in it, I've got a spare 4092 and 4082 but no ESC or servo 🤔😩

Oh my friend I'm way ahead of you 🤣 I already have Backflip LP's waiting to go, those Corally tyres look like 💩💩 ... 🤣🤣
I do like the look of the Punisher's wheels/tyres and the body though...

I've no idea what power to put in it, I've got a spare 4092 and 4082 but no ESC or servo 🤔😩
If I had one, I’d put a stock corally system in... everyone says that it’s a max8... but I figure it’s got some more suds.. 🤷🏻‍♂️

that being said... when I get my 4082 from China it will be paired to a max 6... unless I find it too outrageous 😂🤣 the stock spektrum system struggled with a 15t and 6s ... 6s video uploading now....

Thanks for the videos @Rcproponent

The bright orange body was a good choice, made it stand out against the dark background.

Does the kit include a motor pinion and if so, what size?

Thanks for the videos @Rcproponent

The bright orange body was a good choice, made it stand out against the dark background.

Does the kit include a motor pinion and if so, what size?
My pleasure brother 👊🏻😎 Yes it does, think it’s like a 12? (Probably what should have been put on) the TC gearing is taller than arrma.. so it’s geared way up with smaller pinions.. I think the input gears are 13 on the TC whereas the arrmas are 10.. makes a 15t pinion like an 18t ( no idea if that was accurate was just using as an example)

can’t wait to play with some other motors.. I’m thinking the drivetrain can handle some more power!

RCP,
Thanks for the work on the videos and sharing info with us! Another video I saw said that the included pinion was a 13 and that seems to be what the normal Kronos comes with. I read a manual where 12 was ok, 13 recommended and 14+ not recommended. Very narrow range there...
Getting closer to the trigger. I have enough trucks that if I have to wait for parts between bashes it won’t hurt that bad. Just trying to offer my LHS the business if they want it first.
Hurricane

Well I'm set electronics wise. Just pulled the trigger on the entire stock Corally electronics set that a seller pulls from RTRs and sells separately. So I've got the Torox 185 amp ESC, Kuron 2050kV motor, Varioprop transmitter, receiver and 7225 servo. Ended up being cheaper for all that than a Hobbywing Max8 combo which was my main motivation, that and I think the Hobbywing 2200kV motor may have heat issues given the higher kV and size of truck.

Now I just need the Kronos XTR which I'll grab soon enough and I'll be set.

Well I'm set electronics wise. Just pulled the trigger on the entire stock Corally electronics set that a seller pulls from RTRs and sells separately. So I've got the Torox 185 amp ESC, Kuron 2050kV motor, Varioprop transmitter, receiver and 7225 servo. Ended up being cheaper for all that than a Hobbywing Max8 combo which was my main motivation, that and I think the Hobbywing 2200kV motor may have heat issues given the higher kV and size of truck.

Now I just need the Kronos XTR which I'll grab soon enough and I'll be set.
I was looking for some stock Corally electronics too... couldn’t source the esc for less than 170usd... I’ll wait till some kit breakers have em!

Ouch, yeah that's too pricey. Wait it out. I was fortunate that a local eBay seller is stripping RTRs and selling the electronics separately.

I have no qualms with the Corally transmitter and receiver so am happy enough with that. My only doubt is with the servo but it'll get me started and may hold up okay. My Python has the same servo and it's smooth as silk and returns to centre perfectly which is more than I can say for the Spektrum servo in my Typhon. I just don't know how durable it is as I don't bash my Python hard.

I'm off of Spektrum these days anyhow, never really been a fan. Seem to pay more for inferior products with that brand.

I can see myself buying the RTR Punisher just for the wheels/tyres, body and electronics.. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Then sell as a roller with Kronos tyres and body..😉🤣🤣
Any takers..!!
best-i-can-do-is-50-bucks.jpg

I can see myself buying the RTR Punisher just for the wheels/tyres, body and electronics.. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Then sell as a roller with Kronos tyres and body..😉🤣🤣
Any takers..!!
I bought a second XTR... just to have spares... 🤷🏻‍♂️ figure it’s gotta be cheaper than buying them all separate.. and I wanna bash this thing.. it held up great on its first run, I wanna see how far it’ll go before major breakage and you gotta have some insurance when you do that haha (extra xtr) 👍🏻👍🏻

Also bought all their “Swiss” options for diffs and 2x extreme diff cases. :) They are 7075 and look great 👌🏻..

Will do a video for when I do the diffs of course. Also still waiting on my carbon fiber bits from rchobbyexplosion!

BC8C5A17-B6AA-46BA-8DB7-32BF91FBDE5E.png

Last edited:
Looks like you are all in... Guess that you liked the first driving experience. :cool:
Hurricane
Really excited about this car... easy to work on, durable.. inexpensive and just all around awesome...

The a arms can be purchased separately for $6.69... the bulk heads are backed by nuts, it’s got all the beef in all the right places.. it could use a few improvement with any rc im sure.. it could benifit from a thicker carbon fiber center brace (piece that broke) I have it on good authority that one may be In the works already so don’t let this tiny piece discourage you. ;)

also, the replacement from Corally is only $13.. in stock and available from Rchobbyexplosion..

Stoked on this rig.. couldn’t be happier. Especially for $415 ($439 - $25 coupon)

👍🏻👍🏻

@Rcproponent ... That center piece 🤔 could it be doubled up, as in sandwich 2 together or maybe 3 ??🤪

Can I please request some pics of the Max6 fitted, from a couple of different angles..👍🏼😎

Still need to get new ESC but just can't decide what to get..!!!
The MMX8 is sold out over here again 😩, I can get the Corally Torox 185 or Max6 locally, but in the back of my mind is the Punisher RTR 🤣🤣🤣

@Rcproponent ... That center piece 🤔 could it be doubled up, as in sandwich 2 together or maybe 3 ??🤪

Can I please request some pics of the Max6 fitted, from a couple of different angles..👍🏼😎

Still need to get new ESC but just can't decide what to get..!!!
The MMX8 is sold out over here again 😩, I can get the Corally Torox 185 or Max6 locally, but in the back of my mind is the Punisher RTR 🤣🤣🤣
Here’s a couple angles on the max 6... she shoe horns in here but has a nice snug fit.. nothing too tight I don’t think... and the tab at the rear could be trimmed to be better... it also could be moved forward a tiny bit but then would only be dbl taped instead of mounted to the plate...
22456918-8BA5-4E06-AAC8-CC00960F2014.jpeg
D223FEE4-D511-4576-A5EC-27351CC25F1C.jpeg
9DAEC0DA-C1A6-4099-A908-0ED1061F32FE.jpeg

8FAF8FBA-D40B-410C-B49D-8564AF42B146.jpeg

Here’s the brace... no go on dbl... but could be made a bit thicker ... 🤔🤔

00053E54-1CA1-49EA-8261-B79377F4292E.jpeg
A4297C4E-E2D3-411D-8338-83CECFCAD851.jpeg

@Rcproponent .. Many thanks for the pics 👍🏼 yep that's a tight fit on the ESC but it does fit..!!

I believe the reason the brace broke is because it's graphite and not Carbon Fiber..!! oh and the chassis must have flexed 🤔

Think you need to give BasherQueen a call and see what see can make for us in real carbon fiber..!!😉

I was having a look around Corally's site and noticed that they sell 7075 front and rear braces, so just like the Kraton EXB the center braces on the XTR are made of chinesium 🤣🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back