Mojave The overrated RC. The arrma mojave EXB/RTR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean, you don't buy a heavy and powerful RC and then send it off jumps and bash it then complain when things break...breakage is just part of bashing. There are some rigs that handle jumps better than others, and a Mojave is just a SCT on mega-roids, so it's not really designed for big jumps, it's designed for off road and dirt racing.

Appreciate the info.
I'll reach out to him.

That is one Serious looking hobby shop!
Impressive inventory and store!!
When I make a trip down there, his store will be on my Visit list.
Yeah he's got all the latest toys, parts etc 👍
I mean, you don't buy a heavy and powerful RC and then send it off jumps and bash it then complain when things break...breakage is just part of bashing. There are some rigs that handle jumps better than others, and a Mojave is just a SCT on mega-roids, so it's not really designed for big jumps, it's designed for off road and dirt racing.
And some of us still jump it pretty high. It usually survives if I don't mess up 😅

Five Mojave’s?!?!? I hope you can multitask! If not, I hope you have four more reasonably cool basher friends. 😊
I had a few work friends that would go with me but we haven't been out running them in a year now with the weather and everything. I'm ready to get back at it for sure! I haven't done a clear body for the mojave but most of my udr's are on a custom one hahahahaha. I would like to snag a silver mojave body at some point. I'd prob leave it for a shelf queen body.

mojave16.jpg

I had a few work friends that would go with me but we haven't been out running them in a year now with the weather and everything. I'm ready to get back at it for sure! I haven't done a clear body for the mojave but most of my udr's are on a custom one hahahahaha. I would like to snag a silver mojave body at some point. I'd prob leave it for a shelf queen body.

View attachment 206520
Have a beat red one you wanna let go?😬 lmk!

View attachment 206520

Looks like a Chop Shop with so many Mojave bodies lying around.. ;)

Looks like a Chop Shop with so many Mojave bodies lying around.. ;)
We have a box of parts for weigh feeders at work that we call the "lucky box". If you find the part that broke in it you're lucky. I have lucky boxes of udr's, mojaves, and infractions at the moment in my kitchen/spare room. There's rc stuff EVERYWHERE in our tiny apartment :ROFLMAO:

+1

I personally do not bother to shoogoo and tape any of my bodies any longer. Been there. Seems to be a thing in the past 10 years or so. Not for me.
Waste of time and money/ material. Material can cost. Rather save the money for that next new body. And keep the body light as can be.
They still break regardless. I just reinforce the body out the gate with some Gorilla tape and/or aluminum tape in key areas and at the body post holes. That is it.
I patch tape as needed when I get a crack.
I saw no difference with durability when doing the whole body Shoogoo thing. Bodies still break at key weak areas no matter what you do. I rather buy another body and start over when it is done and wont stay on any longer. I make sure to get my moneys worth out of my bodies. I don't really care what they look like until it is done and ready to toss. These bodies are meant to be used and used hard.

Last edited:
i bought my first arrma...

i got my first real RC at 40 in 2020 for my 9 year old son. It was a kraton 6s v4. That model was a poop stain on aarma. Everytime we were out running it something broke.

But i basically replaced everything on it. RPM Arms, M2c nearly everything.. and i have zero problems with it. I have it run it into fences/trees, etc... and the past 4 times we played it, zero damage.

I also bought an Mojave EXB 6s in April of 2021 for my sons 10th birthday. Other than those stupid body posts (3x repair), its never had any problems from the start. I'm waiting for RPM to make a replacement or something.

What i learned from my experience is i'll never buy a RTR arrma again. Their rollers are the way to go. Hopefully they don't lower the quality of those over time.

I personally do not bother to shoogoo and tape any of my bodies any longer. Been there. Seems to be a thing in the past 10 years or so. Not for me.
Waste of time and money/ material. Material can cost. Rather save the money for that next new body. And keep the body light as can be.
They still break regardless. I just reinforce the body out the gate with some Gorilla tape and/or aluminum tape in key areas and at the body post holes. That is it.
I patch tape as needed when I get a crack.
I saw no difference with durability when doing the whole body Shoogoo thing. Bodies still break at key weak areas no matter what you do. I rather buy another body and start over when it is done and wont stay on any longer. I make sure to get my moneys worth out of my bodies. I don't really care what they look like until it is done and ready to toss. These bodies are meant to be used and used hard.
I've found that the external roll cage like the one on my X-Maxx works great at keeping my bodies from cracking and caving in. They do sell them for some of the Arrma rigs, but I haven't tried those yet. Very durable too, made out of thick plastic.

20220307_090837.jpg

Last edited:
i got my first real RC at 40 in 2020 for my 9 year old son. It was a kraton 6s v4. That model was a poop stain on aarma. Everytime we were out running it something broke.

But i basically replaced everything on it. RPM Arms, M2c nearly everything.. and i have zero problems with it. I have it run it into fences/trees, etc... and the past 4 times we played it, zero damage.

I also bought an Mojave EXB 6s in April of 2021 for my sons 10th birthday. Other than those stupid body posts (3x repair), its never had any problems from the start. I'm waiting for RPM to make a replacement or something.

What i learned from my experience is i'll never buy a RTR arrma again. Their rollers are the way to go. Hopefully they don't lower the quality of those over time.
+1
Rollers make the most sense at some point for many of us. A much better value.
RTR radio and electrics are not all that. You end up replacing them anyway. Having a few multi-model better featured radios across all your rigs covers you. And HW and CC have the ESC and Motors covered. RTR Spektrum radio gear is not for me. I have a collection of that stuff sitting in my bin for the most part. I've been spoiled with better Radio gear for too many years. RTR radios are very Toyish to me. Spending $very much$ to upgrade your new rig, like many do in the beginning, and neglecting buying a good radio makes no sense to me. The radio should be the first major upgrade with any RTR if this is your first rig.
Until you get a real radio, you won't know what you are missing. Yet many overlook this.
A Radiolink RC4GS at $60. is even a major upgrade. And doable.

Last edited:
It can be a frustrating and expensive hobby. I have replace about 95% of my kraton over 4yrs. I don’t upgrade till it breaks. I had to start paying attention to the limits of what these rigs can do. I hope you figure it all out. It took me a while to. Good luck.
Wow 4 years. I'm lucky if any rig lasts more than 6 months at my hands haha

I just don't like Short Course trucks much. 😒

I said the same about SCT rigs. Having a TA SCT also. A shelf queen now. And they collect so much dirt being a closed wheel body. A mess to clean and deal with. I even tried a chassis cover. just makes the electrics hot and a nuisance to deal with. I hate chassis covers. Tried them on many rigs I own. Never use them anymore. It was a waste of $$$.

Until...
I got my hands on a 1/7 scale Mojave. Got the Scortched RC fender liners and it stays clean inside the chassis now. And the Mojo is a blast to drive. Well sprung and balanced. Handles so nice. Like a scale SCT.
Still my favorite of all my Arrma rigs.:cool:

Wow 4 years. I'm lucky if any rig lasts more than 6 months at my hands haha

I just don't like Short Course trucks much. 😒
I have a friend that has a Savage Flux or something like that. It's 25 years old and it jumps and drives very well. All stock electronics. I know it's incredible but true. He doesn't bash hard though, but still!

Fair weather driver RC's become cream puffs. Never abused.:giggle: We all bash differently.

The worst thing about the X-Maxx and Kraton 8s is that they just look so small in pictures. Just does not do them justice.
Yeah tell me about it. These three monsters are anything but small. It's a workout to just put them there 😂. That's almost $9k in RC money among these three.

20220317_142125.jpg
20220317_142131.jpg
20220317_142137.jpg

Mojave vs Baja Rey 2.0

Went driving with buddy yesterday. He had a new Baja Rey 2.0 and I drove my Mojave. That Baja Rey 2.0 can surely take a beating. Took two ramps along. I broke both front and rear bumpers and a rear wishbone (pretty dump hit ramp wrong way 🙄) on the Mojave. Body cracked in some places.

My buddy is not too much of a driver. 3 out of 4 jumps with the Baja Rey 2.0 he messed up. Nosedives, hitting ramp sideways etc. Looks really bad. He just kept on pounding. Nothing broke. Kept telling him to take it easy while I jumped the Mojave pretty intense. On 6S the Baja goes just fine but misses power for corrections in jumps. On 8s the ESC kept turning off at 10 deg Celcius temperatures.

The Baja looks great and is OK on 6s. And is really robust. I thought those little black body tubes would break pretty easy. Nothing broke. The Baja took the lead against the Mojave when it comes to taking a beating.

But the corners.... the Baja just keeps rolling over. Nearly pathetic how easy it rolls over in corners. No match by far against the Mojave in corners. No fun in the corners with the Baja. The handling of the Mojave is so much better. So often you think it will roll over but it does not.

Jumping the Baja looks great with that rear suspension coming all the way down.

No way to really compare them. The only thing they have in common is looks. The Mojave is more like a rally car with the looks of a desert truck. Due to the size the Baja is more impressive. Would not mind having it.

My buddy is thinking about getting the Mojave.

If I only could have two cars it would be the Talion EXB with Backflips LP (perhaps the Kraton) and Mojave stock or EXB.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back