Senton The RC Codec

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greengaunja

Ise da by' dat burns da Senton........
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Senton 3s
So I'm in the middle of a rebuild and trying to be thorough. And run into a problem that boggles my mind! Im attempting to remove my BLX 6s motor from the mount so I can take it apart to service the motor with a good cleaning(swiped another can of brake cleaner from the neighbor's garage) and replace the bearings whether it needs this done or not. Its for peace of mind. As with every bolt I ever remove, I give it a lil' shot of good ol' WD40. Safety pinned out any dirt or rust from the hex slots and effortlessly removed the grub. Attempt to remove the pinion is another matter moved it maybe 1/8 or 3/16s. Holy stuck, Batman. No problem. I grab my trusty pin removing. Had to use it on the 3s pinion just the other day, off in 10 seconds in the most possible damage free way.
Motherstucker! I CANNOT believe it! I had this gizmo for 18-19 years. Its been to hell and back and beat the crap out of it.
Pins in my real trucks(and cars), completely rusted hinge pins, motorcycle links......and it gets BENT by a simple issue like a pinion??
20210119_001910.jpg
20210119_001915.jpg

I can get 'er out, no worries. Time for the bench vise, a maul, and a Robbie2 driver bit.

But really, I started this thread for a good reason. I had trouble getting pinions off 2 different motors. So I have to assume this is normal. So this thread is about YOUR tricks, tips, and methods with these types of problems. That bread trick suggested for removing the rear spindle bearing was GENIUS. And worked for my 3s bearing. There HAS to be more of this out there and now there is a thread to bring it all together.

The Red TL (AKA, Arrma Gorilla Snot) that Arrma uses on their Pinion Set Screws is blobbed onto the motor shaft input drives and all. I use a pinpoint torch and a small prybar or flat head with gloves and it will come off easier than having to manhandling it much. Clean everything very well before you reinstall or it will still be a bear to come off or even fit back on.
But that puller you have is awsesome. 👍 :)

Windproof cigarette lighter to concentrate heat on the grub screw, then into the grubs screw hole. You know it's working when smoke starts coming out of the bore hole - burning threadlock has a v recognisable smell so i go by eye and nose!

Get yourself one of these and get that baby nice and hot. It will fall off like a hot marshmallow on a stick.

06602C41-4D2C-471C-B411-2887367AEFA1.jpeg

If heating the grubscrew alone won't do it, heat up the whole pinion so it expands enough to pull it of the motorshaft.

Almost everything can be solved with a flamethrower ;)
Grub screw gave no issues. Since I couldn't be banging crap and waking the kids last night, I brought 'er into work and used my torch. Pinion fell right off in 10 seconds or so.
16110772211741316798318031481459.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back