Kraton this is why you don't go to hobby shops..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could understand his position. He should return them if he can. But I'm not sure how vendors are treated in this situation. Usually the distributor gives them an incentive to drop pricing a bit, so they can pass savings to a potential customer. If I got a deal or discount on the original K8, I would consider it and just revise it myself. The radio I would toss anyway, having my DX5C already.
edit:
Honestly, I think the M2C "crusher" chassis would be my direction. The SWB makes the K8 much more responsive from what I've seen. @Rich Duperbash has proven this. The Difference between LWB and SWB chassis' appear obvious.
the crusher is a bit too square for me. rich rocks it like a champ though
The radio is a moot point. I agree.
dsmr
That doesn't really seem like a fair response. The 'old' Kraton 8S is still a beast of an RC car. The bending issue is a combination of design and use. For every owner that bend their chassis through bashing, there's another one who drives a bit more conservative and hasn't got any issues. No need to recoup the discussion, but we all know that people tend to complain quicker than leave a positive response. There will be plenty of K8S owners who don't have any complains. My LHS has sold 4-5 units and had no complaints at all. It's clear that ARRMA was aware of the issue and is now releasing a 'extreme bashing upgrade kit', we'll have to wait and see how this holds up. But you can't compare a $65 upgrade kit to a $200 custom CNC'd chassis. So for the hardcore bashers a custom CNC'd chassis, like M2C or JustBashIt, might be the better choice anyway. LHS's can choose to sell the 'old' version at a discount, I've got a 10% discount BEFORE these issues where known. Offering the previous version at a discount seems like a fair solution.
a 350z is a beast too. good luck selling one to somebody shopping for a 370z though.

It depends on where you live. Horizon Hobby has a DC in USA and in Germany, so for most US/EU customers there are no additional costs for ordering one from HH directly.
HH UK website
Kraton 8S - £999.99
Mojave 6S - £699.99
Both free shipping - shipping usually 4-5 days, returns at your expense, shipped from Germany returns to go to Germany

street price in the UK from LHSs
Kraton 8S - £869-899
Mojave 6S - £579-609
usually next day delivery from the UK, Free shipping, free returns/pickup usually

I believe all prices direct are to deter people to order directly as pretty much all are inflated - I ordered my Mojave directly as they were nowhere else available at £100 above the usual price, waited 5 days for it being delivered

did not have an issue with the Mojave yet to test what happens in case there is an issue - luckily

I did however have an issue with the Kraton 8S (receiver DOA) out of the box, LHS ordered a new receiver and replaced that instead raising an issue for the Kraton 8S being affected by a faulty receiver - claiming thats easier for them ...

Last edited:
the crusher is a bit too square for me. rich rocks it like a champ though

dsmr

a 350z is a beast too. good luck selling one to somebody shopping for a 370z though.
If you had the opportunity drive the SWB OC/Noto alongside your Kraton 6S, you would understand the better air rotation of a SWB chassis. Forget that it "looks" square. And yes @Rich Duperbash makes absolutely any rig look good. He is the one of the best out there. After watching all his K8 videos several times over, it is very apparent the SWB Crusher chassis has way better control for big air by comparison. I'm not selling M2C in any way. Just saying the SWB is a viable option path that bypasses needed revised OE Parts to improve durability.
Regarding the updated DSMR radio, no one complained that that the orig Tx/Rx wasn't DSMR. And FYI the DX2E Active IS DSMR. There's so much misinformation, its silly. Do you even know the benefit of DSMR and what it means? Most don't know or care from what I've seen around here on AF. DX2E worked like most standard cheap RTR radios. A moot point. Is the new radio now a selling point for the Revised K8? Not really. To a newb getting their first rig that don't have a multi model TX/RX already it may be an added benefit. But the orig. RTR radio did not dissuade anyone from buying the K8.
K8 owners complained exclusively about the chassis durability flubs. That was it. :cool:

If you had the opportunity drive the SWB OC/Noto alongside your Kraton 6S, you would understand the better air rotation of a SWB chassis. Forget that it "looks" square. And yes @Rich Duperbash makes absolutely any rig look good. He is the one of the best out there. After watching all his K8 videos several times over, it is very apparent the SWB Crusher chassis has way better control for big air by comparison. I'm not selling M2C in any way. Just saying the SWB is a viable option path that bypasses needed revised OE Parts to improve durability.
Regarding the updated DSMR radio, no one complained that that the orig Tx/Rx wasn't DSMR. And FYI the DX2E Active IS DSMR. There's so much misinformation, its silly. Do you even know the benefit of DSMR and what it means? Most don't know or care from what I've seen around here on AF. DX2E worked like most standard cheap RTR radios. A moot point. Is the new radio now a selling point for the Revised K8? Not really. To a newb getting their first rig that don't have a multi model TX/RX already it may be an added benefit. But the orig. RTR radio did not dissuade anyone from buying the K8.
K8 owners complained exclusively about the chassis durability flubs. That was it. :cool:
Some people will complain about anything, even when it isn't warranted. I believe it's a generational thing. It would be nice if people were informed but sadly most are just programmed to complain ?

Life is just too short to complain about it. Then life passes you by quick.:LOL: Bash more complain less. Sometimes that squeaky wheel never gets anymore oil. So it just keeps squeaking. Because the oil runs out.

I run the dx6r
Life is just too short to complain about it. Then life passes you by quick.:LOL: Bash more complain less. Sometimes that squeaky wheel never gets anymore oil. So it just keeps squeaking. Because the oil runs out.
thank god people do squeak though. that's why arrma fixed the issues. I love all the people that complain about other people complaining.
Some people will complain about anything, even when it isn't warranted. I believe it's a generational thing. It would be nice if people were informed but sadly most are just programmed to complain ?
it's obviously warranted. arrma added the changes for a reason. common sense.

You're right. u should call hh and tell them they're idiots for upgrading the radio and receiver because the old ones were better. u win. here's your pom poms. btw did you buy a K8s yet?

I run the dx6r

thank god people do squeak though. that's why arrma fixed the issues. I love all the people that complain about other people complaining.

What was the reason they changed the radio? Because I don't know. I am not perfect and know all. Still scratching my head on that one. But its all good. I like Spektrum. Common sense seems in short supply these days. But I am open...

I run the dx6r

I'm talking about the DX2e complaint. Call Horizon and see if they will send you a box of Kleenex ?

You're right. u should call hh and tell them they're idiots for upgrading the radio and receiver because the old ones were better. u win. here's your pom poms. btw did you buy a K8s yet?
Do you want me to get a K8? I can if you want me too. But I let the smoke clear first on this one. And its still a little smoky yet. The K8 Is a must have here, don't worry. I'll let all those complaining tears put out the fire.

Curious... do you think the Tactic TTX300 Tx/RX was worse or better than the STX2?

Last edited:
What was the reason they changed the radio? Because I don't know. I am not perfect and know all. Still scratching my head on that one. But its all good. I like Spektrum. Common sense seems in short supply these days. But I am open...
Good question, I'd guess they wanted to introduce a transmitter with limited smart capabilities - you get battery indicators on the transmitter without the need of any additional components to buy - its DSMR so backwards compatible with DSM2 - surely all the DX2E Active addons like speedometer etc seem to no longer fit - so it must have been a conscious decision to bring in a potentially more "quality feel" low end transmitter, also including bringing back the so often wanted foam wheel that previous generations used to have eg the DX2L - edit: thinking about the foam wheel I guess they still have the moulds for the DX2L/DX3/DX4R wheels so they could have just had another run and offered them as upgrades as those fit the DX2E Active ...

Last edited:
Good question, I'd guess they wanted to introduce a transmitter with limited smart capabilities - you get battery indicators on the transmitter without the need of any additional components to buy - its DSMR so backwards compatible with DSM2 - surely all the DX2E Active addons like speedometer etc seem to no longer fit - so it must have been a conscious decision to bring in a potentially more "quality feel" low end transmitter, also including bringing back the so often wanted foam wheel that previous generations used to have eg the DX2L - edit: thinking about the foam wheel I guess they still have the moulds for the DX2L/DX3/DX4R wheels so they could have just had another run and offered them as upgrades as those fit the DX2E Active ...
Now that's a decent explanation. I can go along with that. But I can assure you it was a market competition based decision. Not a real consumer complaint.

Now that's a decent explanation. I can go along with that. But I can assure you it was a market competition based decision. Not a real consumer complaint.
sure - the DX2E Active is a reasonably decent radio doesn't feel as nice as the DX2L due to absence of the small rubber insert and foam wheel but still feels good in the hand from my perspective - the DX3 looks like it actually also has a rubberised handle which will feel even better

Well.... I'm definitely getting the K8S and I've been talking with Rich and Eric as well as Mitch from M2C and will be getting the SWB chassis from Mitch. One he'll of a rig for sure! As for the radio and electronics..... I don't care. My Flysky Noble NB4 and thinking Castle motor and ESC for the win! ???

They should send that brace to everyone that bought an original one.
it's because its glitching with the esc. 1st post
Do you want me to get a K8? I can if you want me too. But I let the smoke clear first on this one. And its still a little smoky yet. The K8 Is a must have here, don't worry. I'll let all those complaining tears put out the fire.

Curious... do you think the Tactic TTX300 Tx/RX was worse or better than the STX2?
yes and yes. If I were you I would wait a bit longer though. be smarter than me. I cant wait for anything. I even flush early lol
I'm talking about the DX2e complaint. Call Horizon and see if they will send you a box of Kleenex ?
why did you take down the video where you ranted about how much arrma sucks? You said because it was racist but I watched it and I call bull. every time someone shows that they're unhappy with this whole situation you always pop in with the cheerleading. we get it.

Last edited:
Does this car come with droop screws or is that also option? My car doesn't have them

it's because its glitching with the esc. 1st post

yes and yes. If I were you I would wait a bit longer though. be smarter than me. I cant wait for anything. I even flush early lol

why did you take down the video where you ranted about how much arrma sucks? You said because it was racist but I watched it and I call bull. every time someone shows that they're unhappy with this whole situation you always pop in with the cheerleading. we get it.
Ok, Chief. Whatever you say. Stop with “we” unless somebody else chimes in. It’s YOU that has an issue with me. Go watch some of my other videos and you’ll see. Or go make your own. Fuckety bye now.
Does this car come with droop screws or is that also option? My car doesn't have them
No it doesn’t. I used the ones for the 6S Arrmas.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back