Kraton Thoughts on outcast v Kraton and or notorious?Drawbacks on stunt trucks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rlowe8084

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. BigRock 4x4
I can't resist horizons $70 off with a gift card purchase of $500. I'm stuck between these three. Currently have a big rock. Looking to bash and jump mostly. Wondering if theres considerable drawbacks of going with the hyper stunt trucks? Upside of going 6s, already have two 3s batteries. Reccomendations appreciated.

Screenshot_20230216_213917_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230216_214124_Gallery.jpg

I don't own a Noto...yet! I'd go with that one..🤟🏼

I have 4s OC and 2 6s Kraton. OC 4s is fun...Kraton 6s is king! I can only imagine the Noto is like the Kraton but shorter wheelbase and easier to flip. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I can't resist horizons $70 off with a gift card purchase of $500. I'm stuck between these three. Currently have a big rock. Looking to bash and jump mostly. Wondering if theres considerable drawbacks of going with the hyper stunt trucks? Upside of going 6s, already have two 3s batteries. Reccomendations appreciated.

View attachment 278837

View attachment 278838
I would go 6s, since you have a big rock with the long wheel base you may have some fun with the short wheelbase as well 😀

The 6S Notorious is a ton of fun, but it is more suited to stunting and jumping that general bashing. If I had one word to describe it, I would say zany.

If you're not ready for it, it'll get ya the first time you rip the trigger wide open :LOL:

I''m a truggy person personally so the outcast was one of the last arrma rigs I decided to get. I was sad it took me so long as I found it to be a lot more fun than I thought it would be. It really depends on how you like to drive though. You'll end up with both eventually. :ROFLMAO:

I have an OC 6s and a Talion.

I love my OC but if I had to pick another truck it would be the Kraton 6S, best of both worlds.

The OC is a ton of fun but it is kind of limited with what you can do with it. If clicking out double and triple backflips are your thing then go for it. If you fancy hooning about as well as jumping, take a look at the Kraton.

My OC is pretty much only used at the skatepark now. The handling is just a bit too compromised to make it an enjoyable ripper IMO. It just lifts and understeers at the slightest bit of throttle in turn

The Notorious and the Outcast are basically the same rig with different bodies.

All the advice above is on point. (y)(y)

I have the Noto6s and it is a beast!! But yes, it's basically a stunt/jumping truck. It's like a 4 year old after eating a bag of sugar...all the time!! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I love mine, but really only run it when I get my ramp out. If you don't have access to a ramp to send it up for double/triple backflips and smiles all day, then you may get bored with it over time. It is a wheelie machine too, but with throttle control and practice I can wheelie or not wheelie on demand. (y) The SWB does make it a blast!!

Kraton 6s would be your best bet if you don't have access to a ramp on the reg as it is a very versatile rig for jumping and general bashing.

I would go 6s no matter what you get though. 🤗

Good luck!!😁✌️

With the breaking chassis issues on the 4s vehicles, I would recommend going with a 6s vehicle. You will have much more support for upgrades for a 6s vehicle than for a 4s vehicle, and the 6s will be stronger out of the box. A Kraton can do many of the stunts a Noto can do, but the extra chassis length on the Kraton makes it more stable when going full throttle. I own a Kraton 6s with a Castle MMX 8s ESC and 1717 1650kv motor: it's a beast, but it's a controllable beast.

I have an OC 6s and a Talion.

I love my OC but if I had to pick another truck it would be the Kraton 6S, best of both worlds.

The OC is a ton of fun but it is kind of limited with what you can do with it. If clicking out double and triple backflips are your thing then go for it. If you fancy hooning about as well as jumping, take a look at the Kraton.

My OC is pretty much only used at the skatepark now. The handling is just a bit too compromised to make it an enjoyable ripper IMO. It just lifts and understeers at the slightest bit of throttle in turn
Good to know about the OC, that's what I was afraid of. Kraton 6 is sounding better. Dumb question but I'll ask it! The 6s would take two 3s batteries at the same time? TIA.

Good to know about the OC, that's what I was afraid of. Kraton 6 is sounding better. Dumb question but I'll ask it! The 6s would take two 3s batteries at the same time? TIA.
Yes you can use 2 3s. Or 1 6s..or 1 4s to tame.
Hell...I think you can even run a single 3s if you're scared. jk 🤣

If bashing hard/jumping/sending it.....I recommend 1 batt of whatever size. Having 2 puts more weight and they tend to fly out easier on crashes, imo. (y)

I have both the 6s Noto and K6. Get into the 6s line to change things up a bit and see how the other half live vs the 4x4 line.
All I can say is that I will tend to grab the K6 more often than my Noto. I will also say that the SWB Noto/OC/Typhon chassis (sharing the identical chassis) will not bend like the LWB Kraton always will. I still have the Original Chassis. Whereas my K6s is on its 3rd stocker chassis in 5 years. The 2 inch longer length of the K6s does make a difference. The current V5 K6 LWB chassis appears to be more stout at the rear compared to the V4's, FWIW. But I am due for another K6 chassis now. . And I don't really send it much. So you Absolutely need the Alloy Fr and Rr chassis braces right out the box for the K6s. Also I used a CF sleeve over the Top chassis brace or it will bend also.
Properly setup with only 6s, the Kraton wil still wheelie on demand. The Noto/OC will wheelie with the slightest throttle input if you are not careful. I found it cumbersome trying to keep the front end down. The wheelie thing gets tiring fast. The center diff needs heavy oil (500k cst minimum to start out, to stay "somewhat planted". Or the center diff will burn up easily and literally melt. Been there. Diffing out sucks.
Just some food for thought.

Edited.
:cool:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back