Kraton Thoughts on outcast v Kraton and or notorious?Drawbacks on stunt trucks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... So you Absolutely need the Alloy Fr and Rr chassis braces right out the box for the K6s. Also I used a CF sleeve over the Top chassis brace or it will bend also.
Properly setup with only 6s, the Kraton wil still wheelie on demand. The Noto/OC will wheelie with the slightest throttle input if you are not careful. I found it cumbersome trying to keep the front end down. The wheelie thing gets tiring fast. The center diff needs heavy oil (500k cst minimum to start out, to stay "somewhat planted". Or the center diff will burn up easily and literally melt. Been there. Diffing out sucks.
Just some food for thought. :cool:

Thank you for the heads up 👍

I have both the 6s Noto and K6. Get into the 6s line to change things up a bit and see how the other half live vs the 4x4 line.
All I can say is that I will tend to grab the K6 more often than my Noto. I will also say that the SWB Noto/OC/Typhon chassis (sharing the identical chassis) will not bend like the LWB Kraton always will. I still have the Original Chassis. Whereas my K6s is on its 3rd stocker chassis in 5 years. The 2 inch longer length of the K6s does make a difference. The current V5 K6 LWB chassis appears to be more stout at the rear compared to the V4's, FWIW. But I am due for another K6 chassis now. . And I don't really send it much. So you Absolutely need the Alloy Fr and Rr chassis braces right out the box for the K6s. Also I used a CF sleeve over the Top chassis brace or it will bend also.
Properly setup with only 6s, the Kraton wil still wheelie on demand. The Noto/OC will wheelie with the slightest throttle input if you are not careful. I found it cumbersome trying to keep the front end down. The wheelie thing gets tiring fast. The center diff needs heavy oil (500k cst minimum to start out, to stay "somewhat planted". Or the center diff will burn up easily and literally melt. Been there. Diffing out sucks.
Just some food for thought.

Edited.
:cool:
Awesome info. Sounds like Kraton 6 for the win. Now just gotta pull the trigger. Thanks for the detailed review!

I've been dreaming about a 6s rig for a while, k6 had always been my first choice but the noto looks like a robust option too, but I wonder how the noto would fair with backflip lp's to tame the wheelies 🤔

Everyone complaining about the wheelies on the Noto6s. It's all about throttle control..........YOU can control whether it wheelies or not. :rolleyes:

Everyone complaining about the wheelies on the Noto6s. It's all about throttle control..........YOU can control whether it wheelies or not. :rolleyes:
yes and no. There is a difference between a wheelie and it lifting the front under any power and understeering. The handling sucks when you rip it back to back with a K6/Talion

yes and no. There is a difference between a wheelie and it lifting the front under any power and understeering. The handling sucks when you rip it back to back with a K6/Talion
Correct, then people need to complain about the correct thing. :ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back