Traxxas Sledge 1/8th scale monster truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been driving my buddy's Sledge for a while, it's not a bad truck. It's got plenty of issues right out of the box but so does a BLX if you beat on it. Now that I have some drive time behind the wheel I've revised my opinion of the Sledge. I give it 3 out of 5 stars. They need to deal with the spur gear/motor mount issue before I would be willing to give them more. I think it's a bit overpriced too.
The simple fix would be for Traxxas to copy GPM and include these things with it https://www.gpmparts.com/traxxas-sl...einforcement-8pcs-set-gpm-sle007-p-28649.html

It comes with a T6 7075 chassis, but it's the only 7075 part on the truck. All other 7075 parts are optional upgrade parts sold separately. I've been through the specs. I'll probably end up with one at some point. It's the gearboxes and the large ring gears I find attractive.

It comes with a T6 7075 chassis, but it's the only 7075 part on the truck. All other 7075 parts are optional upgrade parts sold separately. I've been through the specs. I'll probably end up with one at some point. It's the gearboxes and the large ring gears I find attractive.

The Sledge does not come with a 7075 chassis out of the box. And the ring gears are pretty poor IMO. Worth upgrading to the hardened steel ones at some point.

I'll have to concede. I really thought I had seen it listed as 7075. I can find no info on what it's made out of, to me that means recycled beer cans. Maybe I'll stick to my Kraton, it's never done me wrong. That and I just dumped 2 bills on a set T6 7075 gearbox for it.

I'll have to concede. I really thought I had seen it listed as 7075. I can find no info on what it's made out of, to me that means recycled beer cans. Maybe I'll stick to my Kraton, it's never done me wrong. That and I just dumped 2 bills on a set T6 7075 gearbox for it.
The Sludge is good, not great when it was introduced at $800, wtf!? I know the next generation of Arrma 6s will likely narrow the price gap too. My brother's Sludge is pretty tough for our use now that he's thrown a bunch more money in it. Still stock chassis though. Curious to see how the stock diffs hold long term. We don't bash in the traditional sense, mainly just beating the snot out of them on a track.

Chinesium, the same as Arrma’s 7075…🤣
I've had issues with the 7075 Arrma K8S exb, but surprisingly My EXB mojave chassis on my K6SXL and my Mojave EXB chassis are still not bent. 25ft and under jumps though. Any higher, you need M2C

Whatever you think of the Sledge it's worth 728 responses on this site. As far as popularity is concerned on this site, it's on par with fat chicks stuck in chairs and cute pictures of pets. You love it or you love to hate it, either way everyone loves the Sledge.

Last edited:
Whatever you think of the Sledge it's worth 728 responses on this site. As far as popularity is concerned on this site it's on par with fat chicks stuck in chairs and cute pictures of pets. You love it or you love to hate it, either way everyone loves the Sledge.
Yep..love it, or love to hate it!!😁🤣🍻

Yep..love it, or love to hate it!!😁🤣🍻
Personally I love it. I’ve upgraded quite a few bits on it making it much tougher and nippier. Still not upgraded the esc or motor, as they are holding up still, but the temptation has been strong!

This is the wrong forum to be admitting something like that.
I plan on picking up one next year at some point.

So what do you think of the Sledges gearboxes now that you have some time on it. Are they as solid as the Traxxas guys claim. My main complaint with the V5 are the tiny ring gears.

Arrma, assemble in America, made in China. Unless your Chinese or German "made here" doesn't really apply to a lot.

Last edited:
I'm a bit behind the times. At one point a portion of their lineup was made in Illinois, then they outsourced the parts and assembled them in Illinois. So now there just a warehouse? That sucks.

I'm a bit behind the times. At one point a portion of their lineup was made in Illinois, then they outsourced the parts and assembled them in Illinois. So now there just a warehouse? That sucks.

Who? Arrma has always been made 100% in China. Before they were a Hobbico brand they were owned by a Chinese company called Dragon Star Rc.

My Sledge is still going strong.

I've only broken 1 shock cap off the front shock. I replaced the front shock caps with aluminum from GPM and left the rear shocks stock. I have more aluminum caps for them but I'm curious if the plastic will hold up.

I haven't broken anything else so I'm quite content with my purchase.

I started my RC adventure on the dark side with 4x4 Stampedes and Slashes and they never let me down, so I have no aversion to Traxxas. At some point I'll end up with a Sledge or XRT.

IMG_20190316_144842.jpg

Back