Typhon Typhon 6s EXB speed runner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What radio are you running?

One of the things I like about my DumboRC is the stupidly good range. I've been out to 400 meters with it on my Notorious. I mean, I couldn't actually SEE it anymore (because old) but my son could so he drove it back.
I'm using the FlySky GT5 with the Typhon which is normally very good. But as with any radio, it has areas where it gets affected by other interference. Speed runs should be done in spots where there would be the least likely chance for this. My first attempt on Saturday was too close to the local small airport, and I lost the signal at a range that should have been fine. Airports, cel towers and overhead wires seem to be the kryptonite of the GT5.

Working on making my rc photography a little more artistic
20201007_211809.jpg
20201007_211714.jpg
20201007_211642.jpg
20201007_211617.jpg

Need to get the clutter out of the background to show off the ride.
Working on a better background in black. Work in progress

Working on a better background in black. Work in progress
Personally I think white would work better.

Black will lose the features of the car in the background imho.

If you do go for white all you need is a white bed sheet or large piece of white paper/card. ;)

GRP's arrived today. They sent me S1 white wheels by mistake. S5's on black wheels on the way. Didn't think I'd like the white but hell yeah!
20201020_210103.jpg
20201020_211856.jpg

Last edited:
I have some S1's wait till they get warmed up, they are sooooooo sticky..??
They obviously put some type chemical on the tread to make them sticky. When I lifted the Typhon off the mirror, there were four spots left behind. All I did was put it down and pick it up. Getting cold here now, so not sure it would be worth running them as the pavement gets too cold.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back