Typhon Typhon 6s EXB speed runner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered a set of Badland MX tires for mine as my Lockups came unglued once already and due to their age, not sure how much longer they will last. Katars don’t last more than a few packs for me so I’m not wasting money on them again.
My Badland MX's lasted around 3-5 minutes from new before the came unglued...? I think @Mongoose had the same issue although he was lucky enough to get a warranty replacement set..!!

My Badland MX's lasted around 3-5 minutes from new before the came unglued...? I think @Mongoose had the same issue although he was lucky enough to get a warranty replacement set..!!
Well I guess I better inspect and glue them before running them ?

Well the Arrma Forum family comes through again. All he needed was to see that I had a dilemma, and sure enough, these show up in the mail today. Thanks to @jondilly1974 for these cool 3d printed body posts that officially complete my Typhon stretch build. This is not the first act of kindness from him and others on the forum. If your new, search out my Typhon 3s post from late last summer, when another amazing member surprised me around my 50th birthday. Gotta love this place and the people we meet here each day. Much love fam, much love
20200904_191032.jpg
20200904_191041.jpg

Last edited:
Well the Arrma Forum family comes through again. All he needed was to see that I had a dilemma, and sure enough, these show up in the mail today. Thanks to @jondilly1974 for these cool 3d printed body posts that officially complete my Typhon stretch build. This is not the first act of kindness from him and others on the forum. If your new, search out my Typhon 3s post from late last summer, when another amazing member surprised me around my 50th birthday. Gotta love this place and the people we meet here each day. Much love fam, much love ?View attachment 98305View attachment 98306
Anything I got is yours brother ✊?

So today begins the climb to higher top speeds. Installed an Infraction 46t spur on a new Hot Racing aluminum cup and filled with 500k dif fluid. Then I changed from a 16t to a 25t pinion. I have no ambition to change electronics or try to match anyone else's top speed. I just want to try it and know that I could. Then again, this whole road warrior stretch project only started about a month ago and running road tires on my rigs began around June. Oh sh!t, I see where this is going now. I'd like to thank @LibertyMKiii @GMballistic @jondilly1974 @Mr.Duke @phildogg and all the other a$$es that felt the need to "show off" your speed builds. Now when I crash, it'll be at 70mph plus? First one that says I need a "cap pack" gets a cap in the a$$.
20201002_201237.jpg
20201002_202525.jpg
20201002_204255.jpg
20201002_205646.jpg
20201002_211706.jpg

@Notorious J ? you definitely need a cap pack................
:LOL:

Tbh I still don't use a cap pack on my Typhon although I do plan on it eventually, ...for now though I just try to be as slow/progressive with my trigger finger pull to try to lessen draw.

I do use a cap pack on my Limitless though. :cool:

@Notorious J Hope you enjoy the speed runs. Keep us updated and forget what speeds everyone else is doing, ...just keep on having fun & beating your own PB's. It's more fun I find that way.

:LOL:

Tbh I still don't use a cap pack on my Typhon although I do plan on it eventually, ...for now though I just try to be as slow/progressive with my trigger finger pull to try to lessen draw.

I do use a cap pack on my Limitless though. :cool:

@Notorious J Hope you enjoy the speed runs. Keep us updated and forget what speeds everyone else is doing, ...just keep on having fun & beating your own PB's. It's more fun I find that way.
That's some good advice right there. My first run will be this afternoon and I already have the stretch of road planned out. My ambition is to just be faster than the time before, and right now, that's 60 mph. I don't think triple digits will ever be my goal, as the area needed to achieve it, and the radio I trust to control it, are currently out of my reach. I just hope those cheap Amazon tires that are on it now, don't explode

I just hope those cheap Amazon tires that are on it now, don't explode
Yeah could be sketchy.
If you can get some GRP's on it that would be best imho and they're not very expensive either. My first set of GRP S3's lasted me 12 months doing speed runs before I retired them, ...$40 US (£30 UK) for tyres that lasted a year is good value I'd wager in anyone's book. ;)

Yeah could be sketchy.
If you can get some GRP's on it that would be best imho and they're not very expensive either. My first set of GRP S3's lasted me 12 months doing speed runs before I retired them, ...$40 US (£30 UK) for tyres that lasted a year is good value I'd wager in anyone's book. ;)
So two incredibly bad things happened yesterday. At my first location, sure enough I lost the signal. Thankfully I was just motoring out to my turn around point, but enough speed that it smacked into a curb then rolled a few times. Total damage, one cracked rim. Changed the tire and went to another spot where I do speed runs. Everything is going fine until my final pass where I'm trying to get the Typhon whizzing by me on video. The rear tire explodes open 15 feet from me, and sends the buggy right into my foot. This was after many 70+ mph passes, but the lesson was learned. S5's on the way, hopefully before the weather turns crappy hear. 79 mph top speed, but I know it can do more in a longer area.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back