Mojave UDR wheels on Mojo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devils_Perm

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
Anyone ever try udr wheels on their mojo? I was thinking of picking up some different styles of wheels/tires to play around with. I know the udr has 17mm hubs too, thought maybe id try some if they’d fit. Just to see how they perform...

What is a mojo
E1E19A8F-8438-446D-9DBA-8D7E87E844E8.gif

Last edited:
I don't think they will fit properly. They are about the right size, 5.3" to the Mojave's 5.47", but they are a little thinner (just to look more scale, I'm sure). The issue is the Hex on the UDR wheels themselves. It's a slotted hex design where the hubs on the Mojave are flat sided.

I'm sure you could get some hexes to convert the hubs to correct slotted hexes if you wanted to.

I have been wondering about new tires for my Mojave though. The stock ones last really well, and don't balloon much, but aren't that grippy. They also look pretty ugly. I know you could paint the wheels or get the gray ones and it's slightly better but ehhhh. I've seen some guys using the Katar tires from the Talion, but I don't really care for those either.

Hopefully Pro-Line will come up with some tires for the Mojave soon.

Yeah hopefully.. i just worry that maybe the Mojave is too niche for a ton of aftermarket wheel and tire support. Was planning on trying out some different options for fun, buggy set-ups etc. Thanks for your input, it totally slipped my mind that they’re splined hexes...

A bead lock wheel and tyre option like the UDR has for the mojave would certainly be nice. Love the look of the bead locks and BF goodrich tyres on the UDR

A bead lock wheel and tyre option like the UDR has for the mojave would certainly be nice. Love the look of the bead locks and BF goodrich tyres on the UDR

Oh yeah agreed. The UDR looks absolutely amazing and the wheels are a large part of that. I feel like the Mojave's colored wheels really look cheap and toy-grade.

On the plus side, pro-line is bringing these Trencher 3.8 LP's out soon that might actually work. They are the right height almost exactly, just might be too wide. They are about 30mm wider than the Mojave stock tires according to the sheet. That doesn't seem quite right to me, i feel like the Mojave's wheels and tires are slightly wider than the list 42mm. According to the product page for the new trenchers, they've made them for the Traxxas Maxx.

Oh yeah agreed. The UDR looks absolutely amazing and the wheels are a large part of that. I feel like the Mojave's colored wheels really look cheap and toy-grade.

On the plus side, pro-line is bringing these Trencher 3.8 LP's out soon that might actually work. They are the right height almost exactly, just might be too wide. They are about 30mm wider than the Mojave stock tires according to the sheet. That doesn't seem quite right to me, i feel like the Mojave's wheels and tires are slightly wider than the list 42mm. According to the product page for the new trenchers, they've made them for the Traxxas Maxx.

I've been searching for a decent wheel/tyre setup as well. You're right, the dBoots tyre on the Mojave is listed as 42mm wide, but it measures about 57mm wide at the tread.... so not sure what the 42mm is. I have found some Louise tyres that look promising size-wise and on much nicer rims, but it's the offset and potential interference with the body and/or suspension that stops me from pulling the trigger. Also keep in mind that more grip might cause more issues with traction roll-overs...

I'm interested in the size of the wheels/tires on the Losi Super Baja Rey 2.0. Anyone know?

VItavons are very nice but for me too expensive and especially alu rims are too heavy in my opinion as far as rotating mass goes. I think that takes a toll on the drivehshafts and diffs...

I have found some Louise tyres that look promising size-wise and on much nicer rims, but it's the offset and potential interference with the body and/or suspension that stops me from pulling the trigger.
I have those tires, next time I’ll meet a friend with a Mojave I’ll test them out for you

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back