Kraton Upgrades for Kraton 4s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unlucky2001

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have watched some videos and followed what some people recommend for upgrades. So far, since I have bought it from my brother, I did a few things.

I installed a BLX 185 esc, RPM A-Arms, T-Bone skid plate, and a 25KG servo.

I only bought the car for $50 bucks from my brother so I am okay putting some money into it as I don't really think I NEED the 6s. A Since installing these upgrades, I have bashed a few times and been very happy with the results. Then, my brother had the idea of bringing our cars to the beach... Stupid me, let my sister drive it and she goes full throttle into the ocean after I told her to stay away from it. So, I tried to wash it off and clean it when I got home but some things still seemed to rust. The power module and the diff are fine. The screws and the tie rods rusted. I have since used it and it seems to be working fine, just had to replace the screw in the slipper.

A friend of mine also bought the Traxxas Maxx, he has been putting metal parts on this thing like crazy and I'm starting to get jealous lol.

Are there any other upgrades you guys recommend? Maybe metal replacements? Also is there anything I should check after the rusting?

Thank you, sorry for this post being all over the place.

Hello,

I have watched some videos and followed what some people recommend for upgrades. So far, since I have bought it from my brother, I did a few things.

I installed a BLX 185 esc, RPM A-Arms, T-Bone skid plate, and a 25KG servo.

I only bought the car for $50 bucks from my brother so I am okay putting some money into it as I don't really think I NEED the 6s. A Since installing these upgrades, I have bashed a few times and been very happy with the results. Then, my brother had the idea of bringing our cars to the beach... Stupid me, let my sister drive it and she goes full throttle into the ocean after I told her to stay away from it. So, I tried to wash it off and clean it when I got home but some things still seemed to rust. The power module and the diff are fine. The screws and the tie rods rusted. I have since used it and it seems to be working fine, just had to replace the screw in the slipper.

A friend of mine also bought the Traxxas Maxx, he has been putting metal parts on this thing like crazy and I'm starting to get jealous lol.

Are there any other upgrades you guys recommend? Maybe metal replacements? Also is there anything I should check after the rusting?

Thank you, sorry for this post being all over the place.
Metal parts are going to ruin what’s good about the 4S trucks. You have already done most of the important upgrades. Maybe a good set of bearings?

I use the CVDs and a different front bumper as only modifications at the moment. The CVDs offer optimized tire mounting an the handling is in my eyes also better combined with a different radio.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back