Granite Used Arrma granite is having problems, it is able to run very slow but when it picks up speed it stops

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makinrc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hello! I bought a used Arrma granite and it is having problems. it is able to run very slow but when it picks up speed it stops. I am using the stock nimh battery. not sure if that would effect it. sometimes I can just pull the throttle and sometimes it goes sometimes it turned off and back on by it’s self. I have a spektrum firma 85a esc and a spektrum 3300kv motor combo. have no clue what is going on HELP!?!?!?

thanks,
makinrc

Was it already like that when you bought it used ? Hence the reason it was sold? IDK. Should have driven it first if that was possible.
No idea how abused it was....before you got it. :unsure:
The Nimpack could be junk. They don't last long especially if not cared for properly. Like stored in a full charged state for months on end. And other reasons.
The motor may be toast.
Who knows.
You need to swap out the battery for another. A 2s lipo may be the better investment along with a lipo charger. The best place to start. Process of elimination to diagnose this. Hopefully it is a simple fix. Worse case plan on spending $$$. JennysRC.com has all the parts for the least $$$.
It will be trial and error from here. Double Check all wiring....etc. The obvious things. Look very closely at everything. Be prepared to wrench on it. Staring at it and asking questions won't help. But help is here nonetheless. Plan on opening the motor also. To ispect, clean and lube the 2 BB's.
There is wrenching ahead in your future. I promise. Get some Hex hand drivers ready.
And a steep learing curve when you buy something used and that you know nothing about wrenching it and its prior history, or how many runs it has on it.
Did you get the manual with it at all??
Need it?
Go to the Arrma website for the Granite manuals.

Last edited:
Was it already like that when you bought it used ? Hence the reason it was sold? IDK. Should have driven it first if that was possible.
The Nimpack could be junk. They don't last long especially if not cared for properly. Like stored in a full charged state for months on end. And other reasons.
The motor may be toast.
Who knows.
You need to swap out the battery for another. A 2s lipo may be the better investment along with a lipo charger. The best place to start. Process of elimination to diagnose this. Hopefully it is a simple fix. Worse case plan on spending $$$. JennysRC.com has all the parts for the least $$$.
It will be trial and error from here. Double Check all wiring....etc. The obvious things. Look very closely at everything. Be prepared to wrench on it. Staring at it and asking questions won't help. But help is here nonetheless. Plan on opening the motor also. To ispect, clean and lube the 2 BB's.
There is wrenching ahead in your future. I promise. Get some Hex hand drivers ready.
And a steep learing curve when you buy something used and that you know nothing about wrenching it and its prior history, or how many runs it has on it.
Need it?
Ok thanks for the advice

The motor may be toast.
Who knows.
Need it?

Lots of Variables with a well worn out Pre-owned vehicle..
All good points made by @SrC

Best to start with the basics and let us see what you have in front of you ,
Than to keep posting New threads asking for help on the SAME rig...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back