Kraton vitavon, hot racing OR integy bulkhead?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A visual on machining can be done but would need original drawings to check how close the dimensions are to spec if it mattered. The finish spec would also be on page 1 of the drawing so telling the difference in quality would purely weigh on a visual of the finish. Anything else requires the drawing including material spec. A part can have rough finish and still be of “high quality” relative to material and dimensions.

Not sure about 7075 and “unregulated sources”. Not sure what that’s about.

A manufacturer can make any claim they’d like but the proof is in the pudding by proper testing.

About the only “lab testing “ that can be done on an aluminum part, is hardness testing. Lab not required. A portable tester will work unless a bench top is available.

It is easy enough to make a part from 6061 and claim it is 7075 all day long and they do.

Last edited:
While you can't test hardness with your bare hands you can certainly tell the difference in quality between two items. Especially machined parts.

You wouldn't waste high quality materials with poop machining. You would likely use low quality materials with low quality machining.

That's said, selling stuff on ebay, Ali, eBay, amazon, there is zero accountability, inspections, iso certifications. No reason to tell the truth. Just lie and have very Merry Christmas.

If it's 7075 and you can only buy at unregulated online sources then I'm sorry but I don't believe you.

If it is what you say it is the you would be able to sell it to regular retailer through the normal importation process.

Anything I have to buy from those sources are automatically assumed to be of suspected quality by me.

If someone wants to send me some parts I don't mind having them lab tested, but don't hold your breath.
Yeah the machine quality between say an M2C Racing part VS a Chinese part is night and day.

That is the finish you are looking at. Finish can vary depending on drawing finish spec. If it meets the dimension specs and material specs, it’s good. Parts are produced from engineering drawing specs. Finish can vary.

I buy Vitavon myself.

Last edited:
We’re just talking about material and machining specs. Drawings and such.

“International Trade” is irrelevant to about 99.99% of RC hobbyists. Never been an issue. We’re talking toy cars and toy car parts here. Nothing to get too excited about.

Last edited:

“International Trade” is irrelevant to about 99.99% of RC hobbyists. Never been an issue. We’re talking toy cars and toy car parts here. Nothing to get too excited about.
Well like I said, I deal with it professionally.

And you are right, irrelevant to 99% of hobbyists.

But we might be talking life ruining millions in damages to that last 1%

And you can't trust anything you buy direct online offshore. Period.

I'm excited costs me a lot of money this hobby

There is no “life ruining damages” to 1% of hobbyists. Not even close.

As far as costs, this hobby is a choice. Not a requirement. If the cost is too high then that’s an easy fix. Nothing to get excited about.

Not sure about the joke part. A bit of a stretch… Could happen to any brand anytime. There’s a certain level of risk that we accept to be in this hobby. Lipos have been known to catch on fire. A lot of it comes from mishandling, sometimes charger, sometimes battery. Same with chopping off fingers for airplanes. Not good, but a risk we take for the price of admission. Being insured is a good idea to keep from anything being actually life ruining.

Well if anyones interested i got the vitavon bulkhead and im somewhat happy. It arived in 11 days so cant complain about that. I went to instal my wing after getting everything screwed together and i wanted to use a longer screw and it would not thread all the way through the vitaton hub. Its the same exact screw with the same diameter and thread pitch but i thought i fiddlesticked the threads in the bulkhead because when i took the screw out it had some aluminum mashed in the threads but i put the screws that came with the wing mount in and they threaded in fine and tighted down nicely. Its like the threads for the wing mount arent cut all the way through in the bulkhead or something. Kinda poopy for a $110 part

Well if anyones interested i got the vitavon bulkhead and im somewhat happy. It arived in 11 days so cant complain about that. I went to instal my wing after getting everything screwed together and i wanted to use a longer screw and it would not thread all the way through the vitaton hub. Its the same exact screw with the same diameter and thread pitch but i thought i fiddlesticked the threads in the bulkhead because when i took the screw out it had some aluminum mashed in the threads but i put the screws that came with the wing mount in and they threaded in fine and tighted down nicely. Its like the threads for the wing mount arent cut all the way through in the bulkhead or something. Kinda poopy for a $110 part
You should contact them idk. This seems like something I've heard about with Vitavon in the past. Not good QC imo.
Contact Arthur on Faceplant(Facebook) last time I needed help that is where I was directed. At least letting them know, sometimes it not with intent so informing them could help....or not. Their steering racks with servo saver has a very weak spring for multiple platforms. Caused me a headache or two because I assumed they would have thought of that.

It happens. Just take a 3mm tap and clean up the threads. You’ll be all set. No big deal.

I had that same problem with one of my pps motor mounts. Thing was cursed and I ended up ruining it. Feelsbad 😔

yea i know vitavon comes from china, kinda a real bummer since it takes so long (i think shipping times are estimated at 2-3 weeks) and also WTF are you gonna do if you have a problem, wait another 2-3 weeks to ship it there and another 2-3 weeks to get a replacement?
also what 3rd part do you need from hot racing? i thought it was just the main lower section and the up/cover?
i also cant find any bulkheads from basherqueen, not anywhere on good and especially on their ebay store.
Vitavon ships China SpeedPak which is literally weeks faster than standard China Post. I also would like to check out BasherQueens bulkheads but I couldn’t find any either.
Yeah the machine quality between say an M2C Racing part VS a Chinese part is night and day.
I have to disagree, at least when it comes to Vitavon. Side by side comparisons from M2C and Vitavon show both to be very nicely machined, but after using both there’s just no question to me that Vitavon trumps them in tolerances, machining, and outright beauty. That said, no QC is 100% from anyone save maybe for NASA (oh wait, no…Challenger) but I’ve never had any issues with anything Vitavon I’ve ever used, from crappy 1/10 plastic chassis SCT’s to 35# 1/5 bruisers.
And you can't trust anything you buy direct online offshore. Period.
That’s just a silly thing to say. Maybe say you can’t trust everything but certainly not anything. Some ISO manufacturing facilities in China are among the best in the world, and they’ve come a very long way in stepping up the game. You can buy garbage made in any country, and you you can certainly buy quality from the right manufacturers in China. This ain’t the ‘90’s anymore.
Do I like to buy American made products? Of course, but I’m not married to them. I’m going to buy the highest quality stuff I can get for similar price points no matter where it’s made. I tend to get my titanium from the UK, my billet aluminum from China, and my carbon bits from Utah. And in referencing those three purveyors (which I’m sure you can figure out) I feel they‘re providing outstanding components in their own right.

The link posted earlier in this thread for the Aliexpress cases turned out to be not so good... Fitment issues.

@Moirae mentioned these are the ones here to get: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803346440266.html

I ordered a couple, can't wait to try them!
They look like the unbranded Hot Racing/PowerHobby ones. Didn’t people have some kind of issue with the pinion bearing races or fitment with those a while back? Led to people using the stock diff block with the HR cover to increase strength? Maybe it’s been resolved, I think that was quite a while back. I’ve had decent luck with most Hot Racing stuff I’ve used with the exception of their gearbox cases for a certain popular brand of plastic chassis 2wd SCT’s.

The link posted earlier in this thread for the Aliexpress cases turned out to be not so good... Fitment issues.

@Moirae mentioned these are the ones here to get: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803346440266.html

I ordered a couple, can't wait to try them!

They look like the unbranded Hot Racing/PowerHobby ones. Didn’t people have some kind of issue with the pinion bearing races or fitment with those a while back? Led to people using the stock diff block with the HR cover to increase strength? Maybe it’s been resolved, I think that was quite a while back. I’ve had decent luck with most Hot Racing stuff I’ve used with the exception of their gearbox cases for a certain popular brand of plastic chassis 2wd SCT’s.
I have 6 of them installed now and they're working so good for me I'm going to buy more. As Dan said that bearing is a little loose compared to stock but it's been zero problems for me regardless. I would definitely not spend 100 per bulkhead after trying these cheapo ones but that's just me. I've been doing standing backflips and sending it etc etc no problems.

image020.jpg

Rudolph the red nose reindeer 🤣

I have 6 of them installed now and they're working so good for me I'm going to buy more. As Dan said that bearing is a little loose compared to stock but it's been zero problems for me regardless. I would definitely not spend 100 per bulkhead after trying these cheapo ones but that's just me. I've been doing standing backflips and sending it etc etc no problems.

View attachment 246902
I can’t remember who said it, but sometimes “the Perfect is the Enemy of the Sufficient.” Or something like that… The red color perfectly complements the Typhon, too!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back