Kraton vitavon, hot racing OR integy bulkhead?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carckton driver

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
i screwed up real good and ripped all 4 screws out of the stock bulkhead, so i need a new one. question is do i spend $100 on vitavon, $79 or $87 on hot racing (depending on compatability. hot racing says the more expensive lower AON12M01 is for the v5 and the cheaper AON12E01 wont work although i don't really believe it because they both say they replace the same exact part number and have the same exact description) OR integy for $44? i know the vitavon and HR has been discussed but the majority of the thread, especially discussing quality is pretty old. i recently got back into the hobby but 12 years ago im pretty sure integys quality wasnt that great but maybe thats changed. i mainly mention integy because the price is right.

I don't have any problems with the stock ones cheap as well
i don't mean to be an ass but as i said i ripped all 4 screws out of the stock one. its great you don't have problems but i did. drive fast, take chances and play stupid games, win stupid prizes. i don't plan on changing that so i want to upgrade. i also bent my chassis a little when it ripped out probably because there was no support in the back section after it ripped out. i managed to bend it back almost perfect but if this happens again and i have to rebend the chassis its gonna be so weak. having said that, bending the chassis back a second time isnt an option so i rather not have this happen again .

i don't mean to be an ass but as i said i ripped all 4 screws out of the stock one. its great you don't have problems but i did. drive fast, take chances and play stupid games, win stupid prizes. i don't plan on changing that so i want to upgrade. i also bent my chassis a little when it ripped out probably because there was no support in the back section after it ripped out. i managed to bend it back almost perfect but if this happens again and i have to rebend the chassis its gonna be so weak. having said that, bending the chassis back a second time isnt an option so i rather not have this happen again .
I would message Kimberly on ebay from Basherqueen she did have bulkheads and they looked sweet. Otherwise I go Vitavon on bulkheads over HR due to the color options. Both are bad ass. Keep in mind the cost is lower on HR due to them not selling it as a complete bulkhead. You need to buy 3 separate peices to be complete which is how Vitavon and Basherqueen sells them.
FYI Vitavon is in China so order asap

yea i know vitavon comes from china, kinda a real bummer since it takes so long (i think shipping times are estimated at 2-3 weeks) and also WTF are you gonna do if you have a problem, wait another 2-3 weeks to ship it there and another 2-3 weeks to get a replacement?
also what 3rd part do you need from hot racing? i thought it was just the main lower section and the up/cover?
i also cant find any bulkheads from basherqueen, not anywhere on good and especially on their ebay store.

i screwed up real good and ripped all 4 screws out of the stock bulkhead, so i need a new one. question is do i spend $100 on vitavon, $79 or $87 on hot racing (depending on compatability. hot racing says the more expensive lower AON12M01 is for the v5 and the cheaper AON12E01 wont work although i don't really believe it because they both say they replace the same exact part number and have the same exact description) OR integy for $44? i know the vitavon and HR has been discussed but the majority of the thread, especially discussing quality is pretty old. i recently got back into the hobby but 12 years ago im pretty sure integys quality wasnt that great but maybe thats changed. i mainly mention integy because the price is right.
To do complete Hot Racing bulkheads front and rear with the older ones it's like $152 before tax or shipping for all 3 parts. For the new ones it is $192 before tax.

The difference between the two is the new ones you can mount the diffs in either direction, with the old ones you can only put them in one way if you put them in the other way the crown gear rubs on the diff case.

I think I go a bit against the grain but I prefer the HR ones with the stock cover and sway bar assembly. There is extremely little weight penalty for the considerably stronger assembly. Especially if you use longer screws with nuts on the other side.

Every other option makes the weight gain a lot more significant for much less gains.

My random 2¢

Vitavon for the win IMHO. Shipping takes about 10 days. They ship fast considering how far they come. Its about to be holiday season so take that into account as well. EVERYTHING is gonna be slow in about a month or so. Last year this time I was getting the Vitavon stuff faster than stuff shipped within the US...

The quality of the Vitavon is far superior to any other brand. True 7075 aluminum and you can feel the difference in hand. Hot Racing bulkheads are a close second...very close. I like HR stuff alot also.

I wouldn't do Integy if they paid me double the price they would charge. I've had nothing but bad experiences with their parts. They must use layered aluminum foil instead 6061...I don't think they've even heard of 7075 unless they were using a multiplication table based on 5.

Vitavon for the win IMHO. Shipping takes about 10 days. They ship fast considering how far they come. Its about to be holiday season so take that into account as well. EVERYTHING is gonna be slow in about a month or so. Last year this time I was getting the Vitavon stuff faster than stuff shipped within the US...

The quality of the Vitavon is far superior to any other brand. True 7075 aluminum and you can feel the difference in hand. Hot Racing bulkheads are a close second...very close. I like HR stuff alot also.

I wouldn't do Integy if they paid me double the price they would charge. I've had nothing but bad experiences with their parts. They must use layered aluminum foil instead 6061...I don't think they've even heard of 7075 unless they were using a multiplication table based on 5.
While I do agree with using superior materials, I just don't trust the materials are what they say they are when they are coming from where they are. Sorry.

If it was m2c and made in another country then maybe I'd think differently.

While I do agree with using superior materials, I just don't trust the materials are what they say they are when they are coming from where they are. Sorry.

If it was m2c and made in another country then maybe I'd think differently.
I wish M2C would make bulkheads! I’ve had great luck with HR. Input and crown gear replacement is very rare now. With stock I couldn’t get them to last a week sometimes.
I plan to try the Vitavon next because their hubs are next level compared to HR and the HR are stellar!!

up to you pal just trying to save you a bit of money :rolleyes:

For me, it's all about "bang for the buck", and HR gets my vote. If I ran my Kraton 6s harder than I do, I might consider running Vitavon parts, but the way I run it I don't need the extra strength (and cost) of the Vitavon parts.

I say get the Aliexpress ones that @Moirae has been using US $18.32 26%OFF | Metal Front Rear Gearbox Case Housing Set for Arrma 1/8 Kraton Outcast Senton Talion Typhon 1/7 Infraction RC Car
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOktaaM

the ali gear cases are not worth it for me been in the uk would cost about 80 or 90 pounds for just one by the time it got here

To do complete Hot Racing bulkheads front and rear with the older ones it's like $152 before tax or shipping for all 3 parts. For the new ones it is $192 before tax.

The difference between the two is the new ones you can mount the diffs in either direction, with the old ones you can only put them in one way if you put them in the other way the crown gear rubs on the diff case.
Wait WHAT? how is is that expensive? I only see 2 parts that ad up to the price i mentioned. Whats this 3rd part that brings the price to more than double the price of the 2 parts im aware of.
So theres no reason i cant buy the cheaper old version?

I have only found the vitavon bulkhead from ebay or amazon. Estimated shipping time from amazon was over a month and from ebay it was 2-3 weeks. How are you getting them or see where they ship in 10 days?

Wait WHAT? how is is that expensive? I only see 2 parts that ad up to the price i mentioned. Whats this 3rd part that brings the price to more than double the price of the 2 parts im aware of.
So theres no reason i cant buy the cheaper old version?

I have only found the vitavon bulkhead from ebay or amazon. Estimated shipping time from amazon was over a month and from ebay it was 2-3 weeks. How are you getting them or see where they ship in 10 days?
You have the bottom piece $54.88 each or $109.76 for 2. https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=AON12E01;c=926
You have the bottom piece $23.88 each or $47.76 for 2. https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=AON12C01;c=926
And the sway bar cover $18.88.

So if you did both front and rear with complete gearboxes from Hot Racing it is $176.40 idk how I cam up to $152 earlier.

I say get the Aliexpress ones that @Moirae has been using US $18.32 26%OFF | Metal Front Rear Gearbox Case Housing Set for Arrma 1/8 Kraton Outcast Senton Talion Typhon 1/7 Infraction RC Car
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOktaaM
Yea I'm probably about to put some of them into my limitless v2 after the horrible crash I had last night :ROFLMAO:

the ali gear cases are not worth it for me been in the uk would cost about 80 or 90 pounds for just one by the time it got here
Really? Usually shipping from Ali is either free or like a couple of bucks.
Yea I'm probably about to put some of them into my limitless v2 after the horrible crash I had last night :ROFLMAO:
I've been wanting to give these ones a shot https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256803346440266.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.202b38daNCMEpo&mp=1 but now I have nothing to put them in unless I buy another 6s.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back