Vivid vinyl wrap fail

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, wrapping sounds easier than it is. And as @Tex Koder mentioned plan where to start to take into account the difficult angles. It takes a lot of patience when there’s curves involved. Rewrapping, heating, careful stretching and rewrapping again. The good thing about wrap is you can unwrap and rewrap al most endlesly😉
But, it can be done turning out relatively OK. I’m guite haply how the Kraton wing and body panels of my desert buggy turned out in carbon and camo wrap.
FYI: I also wrap my chassis (inner side), looks cool and since it’s flat it’s very easy😉.
View attachment 251171
View attachment 251172

View attachment 251173
Ok, I laid some of the vinyl on the top side of a brand new chassis that I'm gonna be swapping stuff onto. Totally stealing your (?) idea, but did you cut the vinyl off where the diffs, motor mount, servo mount etc bolted on? Or just strap everything on as is?

Ok, I laid some of the vinyl on the top side of a brand new chassis that I'm gonna be swapping stuff onto. Totally stealing your (?) idea, but did you cut the vinyl off where the diffs, motor mount, servo mount etc bolted on? Or just strap everything on as is?
I only cut the holes for the screws and spur gear slot (with X-acto blade). I really like vinyl under the diffs as it acts as a gasket(y). As I started wrapping chassis 'it eliminated almost all sand from coming in the diff housings (y).

I'm actually doing off season maintenance and here's my desert buggy chassis I was working on last week in with a new carbon wrap. Note that only a few more screw holes were to be cut (completed by now).
And my completed Mojave chassis with wooden wrap with the 'old' electronics (those are now in my desert buggy as the Mojave got Max6 combo;). After I'm done servicing the desert buggy, the Mojave will probably also geta new wrap; not sure if it wil, be the wooden wrap again or the carbon wrap:unsure:
1666334088841.png

1666334107234.png

I only cut the holes for the screws and spur gear slot (with X-acto blade). I really like vinyl under the diffs as it acts as a gasket(y). As I started wrapping chassis 'it eliminated almost all sand from coming in the diff housings (y).

I'm actually doing off season maintenance and here's my desert buggy chassis I was working on last week in with a new carbon wrap. Note that only a few more screw holes were to be cut (completed by now).
And my completed Mojave chassis with wooden wrap with the 'old' electronics (those are now in my desert buggy as the Mojave got Max6 combo;). After I'm done servicing the desert buggy, the Mojave will probably also geta new wrap; not sure if it wil, be the wooden wrap again or the carbon wrap:unsure:
View attachment 251334
View attachment 251335

What!!
Did you just invent/double-purpose a new product line for vinyl?
>> Vinyl diff Gaskets AND inner Chassis Art!

I love it!

View attachment 251334
View attachment 251335
Love it!! :love:

Gotta go get on Amazon now and find some vinyl wrap. Man, this place will make you go bankrupt!! :ROFLMAO: 🍻 😁 ✌️

Ye've titled this thread as a fail Josh, no way! Surely it's just a wee bit learnin?
Anyhow, the second one wi the partial wrap looks the berries lad! Nicely done.
Thanks a bunch man!! 🥰 If I can get time this weekend I hope to have a buggy to put under that shell😁🤞

Just my opinion, but I think its better how you did it. A solid one color wrap would probably look pretty cool, but the mulitple colors with some painted areas between like you have it is a really good look. The black painted areas make the cf pop a lot more IMO. 👍

Just my opinion, but I think its better how you did it. A solid one color wrap would probably look pretty cool, but the mulitple colors with some painted areas between like you have it is a really good look. The black painted areas make the cf pop a lot more IMO. 👍
Thanks man!!🥰 I think it turned out better than I'd hoped or expected, honestly. But in the end it WILL get wrecked cuz it's going on a basher 😉😃

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back