Limitless Want to get a drift car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't say it's ugly, but it's definitely not good looking. The RDS body is a stylized older Nissan Z car: you can see the pedigree in the back end of the body, and in other areas of the body as well. The good thing is the RDS comes with standard body posts and a foam front bumper, and it can easily be converted to accept another body of the most popular wheelbase. I plan on getting a new Nissan Skyline body similar to the one in the link below.

https://www.amazon.com/Goolsky-Killerbody-Skyline-Finished-Electric/dp/B07G7B41PL/ref=sr_1_1?crid=39D7OHLOF1WI2&keywords=killerbody+drift+car+body+prepainted&qid=1677543094&sprefix=killerbody+drift+car+body+prepainted,aps,88&sr=8-1&ufe=app_do:amzn1.fos.18ed3cb5-28d5-4975-8bc7-93deae8f9840&th=1
Idk what your looking at!!? 🤣

d1af01a4b3eb0b1417871b60e5369455.gif

I was very interested in this myself and wanted to try 4wd first and I also wanted to try a kit so I zeroed in on the Tamiya TT02D, which also had one of my favorite cars (Honda Civic). It was so much fun to put together and try out trimming and painting a body for the first time as well. I wanted to use magnetic mounts to add to the scale realism and boy those are a pain to get right - I've already started over after doing a little damage to my paint job from the first attempt.

I won't lie, making it drift is HARD. I've been trying in my garage and I think it's still too small of a space. Want to try out a basketball or tennis court, so far in the garage I've managed to drift about a half a circle before I either spin out or hit something - fun to just sit with a cigar and a drink and listen to the baseball game while I practice though! Also decided to remove the body until I get better at driving it :ROFLMAO: . Pretty sure I'm going to try out a gyro and see if that makes as much difference as some YouTubers say it does!

20230319_170821[1].jpg

So I've come to the conclusion that I'm not going to be able to use either limitless much until the warmer weather, I want a drift rc but don't know what would be a good choice, any recommendations??

Preferably 1/10
So did you decide on something? I think the Talbot one was a MST RMX 2.0 Kit... but I guess you have to figure out if you want to do 4wd ($$) or 2wd ($$$$) :cigar: 💸💸:ROFLMAO:

Awd drifting is really powersliding, but its still fun. Asphalt eats the sh!t outta the tires, but me and a buddy had fun doing it for years. Tire type and surface obviously will make you or break you.
The Sprint2Drift was cheap and has lasted me almost 10 years so far.
I figured I would try rwd drifting so I got the RMX 2.0 and upgraded most of the electonics and did a 60 dollar ebay carbon chassis.
I haven't had alot of time to practice since I just moved, but I spent a little time with it, and know its a whole different skill from awd.
I love them both equally.
1/10 is fun to work on.

IMG-2181.jpg

IMG-2184.jpg

IMG-2185.jpg

Awd drifting is really powersliding, but its still fun. Asphalt eats the sh!t outta the tires, but me and a buddy had fun doing it for years. Tire type and surface obviously will make you or break you.
The Sprint2Drift was cheap and has lasted me almost 10 years so far.
I figured I would try rwd drifting so I got the RMX 2.0 and upgraded most of the electonics and did a 60 dollar ebay carbon chassis.
I haven't had alot of time to practice since I just moved, but I spent a little time with it, and know its a whole different skill from awd.
I love them both equally.
1/10 is fun to work on.

View attachment 291658
View attachment 291659
View attachment 291660
Wow that belt really goes the whole length of the chassis huh?? LOL. Yeah I mainly got my TT02D because I loved the body, the fact that it was supposed to be a drifter was a plus. Didn't realized all I'd have to do to actually achieve "drifting" (like you said powersliding) I picked up the DumboRC with gyro (far from competition spec but wanted to try it out) and managed to lock my rear diff with some wheel hex pins surprisingly enough. One of the LHS places here is having their first drift event Thursday and I'm going to check it out (and leave my AWD in the car lol).

How do you like those velcro body mounts? Better or worse than magnetic? I had a hell of a time getting the magnetic ones right on mine. That RWD looks very professional! Thinking of getting an RMX eventually but can't decide if I want the kit (cause of price and I love building kits) or the RTR since it's already tested and dialed in.. I'm sure I'll decide well before I can afford to pull the trigger lol

Yea lol... those conveyor belts are kinda the weakpoint on that HPi platform. Many people actually still convert them to 2wd to rock with all the new rwd kids.
I used velcro when I was a wild drifting noob, which I pretty much still am, but its still fun. One hit with magnets and ur body will go sliding across the road, so velcro is better in that regard. Any radio will do fine when starting out with drift imo, Its close range too.
I ended up getting the R2R but quickly ripped it all apart and rebuilt it with upgraded parts.
After looking at my own photos I realized I literally upgraded almost everything on both of them.
I work so much, I always like to have a few parts on the bench for something to do in my little bit of spare time. I even did that active toe system on the RMX, something I totally forgot about, but adds a lot to the handling of the car while in a drift.

I used velcro when I was a wild drifting noob, which I pretty much still am, but its still fun. One hit with magnets and ur body will go sliding across the road, so velcro is better in that regard.
Totally me last night finally trying out my TT02D with the body on. Instant regret on the magnets. When bashing I'm always having to flip my rig back over because I drive so bad, now with this I'm having to put the body back on :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

We'll see if I embarrass myself at this drift event this evening, like I said earlier I'm leaving the TT02D in the car in case there aren't any other AWD drifters showing up, don't want to be the one guy not with the program. That and I really don't have a lot of control so I might just spectate. I'll see if I can grab a few photos to post here to liven up this discussion a bit lol. :D:cigar:🤠

So last night was Houston RC's first try at a drift night, and they had probably 3 times the amount of people show than they expected. They sold out of all the spec tires for the surface so its safe to say they're going to keep doing this. I think I was the only one that didn't have a 2wd dedicated drift car (had my TT02D) but no one gave me a hard time, and it didn't take long for me to get to drifting with the spec tires on the racing carpet they typically use for their "off road" and on road 10th scale racing events. Didn't get too many photos because it was pretty packed (and I was having a blast running the track). But here are a few of the track and some of the cars - mine is the bright orange Honda Civic - oh yeah and at the end is the group photo, I'm in the middle of the back row.

20230413_182424[1].jpg

20230413_190706[1].jpg

FB_IMG_1681472065199[1].jpg

So last night was Houston RC's first try at a drift night, and they had probably 3 times the amount of people show than they expected. They sold out of all the spec tires for the surface so its safe to say they're going to keep doing this. I think I was the only one that didn't have a 2wd dedicated drift car (had my TT02D) but no one gave me a hard time, and it didn't take long for me to get to drifting with the spec tires on the racing carpet they typically use for their "off road" and on road 10th scale racing events. Didn't get too many photos because it was pretty packed (and I was having a blast running the track). But here are a few of the track and some of the cars - mine is the bright orange Honda Civic - oh yeah and at the end is the group photo, I'm in the middle of the back row.

View attachment 292701
View attachment 292702
View attachment 292704
Looks like a blast! Glad your enjoying it!

I just picked up a MST RMX 2.5 RTR with a painted Toyota GR86 body in Matte Gray. I have to day right out of the box it drifts beautifully for what it is. Only thing I got extra was a magnetic body mount. The mount surface is flat to I decided to put aside the magnet and try using velcro (cheaper, lighter and lets me plan for using other bodies easily) which worked out great.

I might move the motor higher - its ready to do this - for higher CG and improved transitions. I love it - definitely a different genre of RC.

Edit - after a few days of using the velcro I decided to try the magnets out and love it now , especially how it more accurately snaps itself into place right away. Really perfect locating the body to chassis. Its a must do first mod in my humble opinion.

Last edited:
Kevin talbot got a drift car recently. I don't remember which one it was, but he seemed to like it.
Yeah KT likes anything that gets him likes and subs. It doesn't matter what he showcases. As long as he is monetized. He always needs that next RC model, whatever it may be, and easily reachable to keep his content uploaded regularly. How it all works. He doesn't promote any one brand. Needs to promote himself. Its just a business, whatever content he can find for that next one. How all these influencers do it. RC Saylers the same, and the rest. Recycling what the last guy did.

>>>>https://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-drift-cars/cp1177

Drifting is not all that big here in the States. The best Drifting 1/10 plarforms are marketted in Asia. A thing there. Comps and all. They are fun, having considered an MST. Need one with a decent parts train/ support. Not all difters are created equal. There is much put into their chassis design.
They are not simply 1/10 Touring Cars with Hard plastic wheels. ;) Although I am sure you could mod up a TC well enough to drift. Buying the Drift wheels for starters. Then creating extreme Steering radii. The great thing about drifters is that the wheels don't wear out.:giggle:
I cant understand why many insist on drifting their 1/7 Arrmas. They are really for speed running. If someone made hard plastic wheels for them, I could understand that. Otherwise drifting on Hoons or GRP's gets stupid expensive. What the RC Industry loves however. Promoting selling parts that you should abuse???

EDITED.

Last edited:
After Google searching for about 55 minutes I'm surprised to find the Arrma forum has the longest single thread about drifting that I've found. Yeah it's an old thread but the most info I've gained thus far. I bought some Amazon $12 drift wheels to try out in one of the touring cars and it's really a challenge and super fun. I'm thinking about buying an actual drift car now!

Back