Limitless Want to get a drift car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jester194

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
So I've come to the conclusion that I'm not going to be able to use either limitless much until the warmer weather, I want a drift rc but don't know what would be a good choice, any recommendations??
So I've come to the conclusion that I'm not going to be able to use either limitless much until the warmer weather, I want a drift rc but don't know what would be a good choice, any recommendations??
Preferably 1/10

The Yokomo YD-2S is considered the best by many. It comes in a lot of different versions ranging from $200-$1000 so which one is a matter of budget. Another good budget whip to look at is the MST RRX 2.5, those run in the $250-300 range.

Edit: No, that's not RTR. Electronics sold separately.

Redcat just released a drift car, the RDS, as competition to MST and Yokomo. It was designed by a professional RC drift driver. Out of the box the RDS has carbon fiber chassis and shock towers, plus a lot of adjustability of the chassis. The servo and gyro on the RTR aren't all that great, but you can buy the RDS as a roller and install your own electronics. I own a RTR, and I've replaced the servo and gyro with Yokomo components.

https://www.redcatracing.com/produc...etition-spec-drift-car?variant=40228206084186

I made a couple of sets of drift wheels for my Infraction using PVC pipe. When I'd put them on the car I would just run it on 3S which is plenty. The behavior of the car is a lot like the 1/10 scale drifters you see. Everything's in slow motion (comparatively) but you can still get it moving fairly quickly on a longer straight. They last forever and its a lot of fun. Well worth trying out imho.
1678504344275.png

Redcat just released a drift car, the RDS, as competition to MST and Yokomo. It was designed by a professional RC drift driver. Out of the box the RDS has carbon fiber chassis and shock towers, plus a lot of adjustability of the chassis. The servo and gyro on the RTR aren't all that great, but you can buy the RDS as a roller and install your own electronics. I own a RTR, and I've replaced the servo and gyro with Yokomo components.

https://www.redcatracing.com/produc...etition-spec-drift-car?variant=40228206084186
That thing is fugly!
Tamyia makes RTR And kits. But those MST look amazing for the price point.

I drift the wheels off mine (literally) it’s a blast. But you almost need a 1:1 drift course for it.
The parking lot by the middle school works beautifully and it’s not BIG….just have to be brave enough to apply power with proper steering control.

Preferably 1/10

I posted something similar to this. Why do I not bash my Infraction when it's cold I tried it recently and would not hook up. I ordered per the forum the new GRP XM4, so hoping it works better on the cold asphalt.

I do have the 1/10 drifters, but it's not the rush you get with the 6S rigs.

Get an Infraction 3s and 3 sets of spare tires. Have fun with that. Wet pavement is perfect also. Get PVC tubes as Diem mentioned above.

Not sure if you have seen a real drift rc car in action. Totally different from an Infraction 3s. You drift around cubs or small obstacles with the 1/10 size. Differential locked. So it's pretty useless for other applications but fun for drifting. A very specialized car type.

Have a look at the small WL toys drift cars and get drift tires with them. We have them. Real fun now and then. Obviously not as precise as a 1/10 but good enough for fun inbetween. You just need a few square meters to drift them.

That thing is fugly!
Tamyia makes RTR And kits. But those MST look amazing for the price point.
I wouldn't say it's ugly, but it's definitely not good looking. The RDS body is a stylized older Nissan Z car: you can see the pedigree in the back end of the body, and in other areas of the body as well. The good thing is the RDS comes with standard body posts and a foam front bumper, and it can easily be converted to accept another body of the most popular wheelbase. I plan on getting a new Nissan Skyline body similar to the one in the link below.

https://www.amazon.com/Goolsky-Kill...fos.18ed3cb5-28d5-4975-8bc7-93deae8f9840&th=1

Back