Typhon Weird sound from gears

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Flint

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Took it out to the dirt, 10 min in starting making these cracking and grinding noises and i cant even push it forward now. Any idea what did i manage to break before taking it completely apart?

Video:

Probably rocks stuck in the gearbox as said above. Remove the battery. Remove the center driveshaft. Remove the screw below the red block holding the power module in. Slide the red block towards the battery side. Pull the power module tab on top of the rear diff housing and slide the power module forward. You may need to use a tool to pry it forward against the chassis while holding the tab up long enough for it to clear the diff housing clip. Once it clears the clip you can pry from both sides.

625CE577-2FFE-459F-8767-5CFB2AC4EC8D.jpeg

Yes, the center gearbox isn't easy to remove. As Jondilly advise, use a flat screwdriver as a lever on the area he show, on both side of the gearbox. Before moving the gearbox you can also clean the chassis to remove as much dust as possible.

Yes, the center gearbox isn't easy to remove. As Jondilly advise, use a flat screwdriver as a lever on the area he show, on both side of the gearbox. Before moving the gearbox you can also clean the chassis to remove as much dust as possible.
Well i managed to took it apart this is the gear, a bit chewed but mostly fine, i connected The motor alone and it looks like its what makes the noises and the pinion shaked a bit too
Video of the motor:

Attachments

• IMG_20191023_184116.jpg
    IMG_20191023_184116.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 56
Motor bearing is shot. This is due to too tight of a mesh between the spur and pinion from the factory. You need a new motor bearing and an BLX adjustable motor mount.

Motor bearing is shot. This is due to too tight of a mesh between the spur and pinion from the factory. You need a new motor bearing and an BLX adjustable motor mount.
it cannot be anything else? only the bearing?
and does the fast eddie kit have the motor bearing as well?
might replace the gear to metal if im at it..

Motor bearings for sure... been seeing alot of this lately.. I created a post not long ago about this
Is the typhon new? Or have run time on it?

Motor bearings for sure... been seeing alot of this lately.. I created a post not long ago about this
Is the typhon new? Or have run time on it?
4/5 packs

the bearing is in the fast eddy kit or do i need to get it somewhere else?

Last edited:
Dead bearings after 4/5 packs...Never saw this so far, really not normal. I would use the warranty, and including the spur gear also.
Mine lasted about that long running in nothing but fine sandy dirt. The motor module traps dirt and it just get caked up against the front bearing.

Dead bearings after 4/5 packs...Never saw this so far, really not normal. I would use the warranty, and including the spur gear also.

It actually is becoming the normal... the bearings are crap from the factory... some blame the mount, some blame the spur being out of round, some blame just the bearings...

It will definitely qualify for warranty all day...

It actually is becoming the normal... the bearings are crap from the factory... some blame the mount, some blame the spur being out of round, some blame just the bearings...

It will definitely qualify for warranty all day...
it sucks that that is the case, now ill have to wait for close to a month untill they ship it if they want to.
ill order the hot racing motor mount and some bearing so ill have in hand but ill go for the warranty first.

thank you very much for the help

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back