Typhon Weird sound from gears

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Typically they don't request the parts back... so what I would do is keep all documentation, (videos/pictures of the failed parts) which would be the motor and spur gear .. that way there is no question on what happened...

Then just grab bearings and a spur and toss it back together for now until you get the warrantied parts.. that will get you rolling again.. at a cost which sucks, but a spare spur is nice to have on hand anyway...

Mine lasted about that long running in nothing but fine sandy dirt. The motor module traps dirt and it just get caked up against the front bearing.

It actually is becoming the normal... the bearings are crap from the factory... some blame the mount, some blame the spur being out of round, some blame just the bearings...

Yes, i remember having read this in few threads. My prefered kind of surfaces are the dusty ones. Even with the first price cheap motors, this never happened so fast.

I would put a call into Horizon, don’t email. Use the call back feature. Have your proof of purchase handy. They will ship you out new parts. Lean on them for the BLX adjustable motor mount. If they don’t have any or won’t send one, drill out the stock holes on your motor mount to give a little bit more range. Don’t drill them overly large, just one step larger. Then when installing the motor back in, make sure there is a tiny amount of play between the spur and pinion. Some people use a piece of paper between the gears to space it. I just make sure there is a tiny amount of play and you can make the spur click back and forth on the pinion.

[
I would put a call into Horizon, don’t email. Use the call back feature. Have your proof of purchase handy. They will ship you out new parts. Lean on them for the BLX adjustable motor mount. If they don’t have any or won’t send one, drill out the stock holes on your motor mount to give a little bit more range. Don’t drill them overly large, just one step larger. Then when installing the motor back in, make sure there is a tiny amount of play between the spur and pinion. Some people use a piece of paper between the gears to space it. I just make sure there is a tiny amount of play and you can make the spur click back and forth on the pinion.
I don't live in the us so calling them is not an option

[

I don't live in the us so calling them is not an option
Ahhh sorry about that. Didn’t know. You are probably better off finding a motor bearing and drilling out the motor mount holes. There are two bearings in the motor. It would make sense to replace both. Since they are inexpensive parts, buy the best you can find. Hopefully it will be a one time repair if you fix the mesh issue.

Ahhh sorry about that. Didn’t know. You are probably better off finding a motor bearing and drilling out the motor mount holes. There are two bearings in the motor. It would make sense to replace both. Since they are inexpensive parts, buy the best you can find. Hopefully it will be a one time repair if you fix the mesh issue.
ordering fast eddy rubber sealed bearings and the hot racing motor mount first thing tomorrow morning.

If i were you i would call horizon hobby and let them know that the bearing failed and maybe has destroyed your motor i spdamaged a few coils of my orevious motor but still seems to work fine im not using it atm im using the remplacement they sended me. The stock bearings specially the front should be cahnged many reports of them exploding i exploded 2 of these on 2 motors:/ my original motor had more coils damage and did not even tried to see if it works don't want to maybe kill my esc?‍♀️ I don't know how to take a diagnosis of the motor without a multimeter

I'm going to run the Granite I just built on the stock motor mount and see how long the motor bearings hold up. Ally other 3s rigs have the adjustable motor mount. Never had a bearing fail in one of them.

I'm going to run the Granite I just built on the stock motor mount and see how long the motor bearings hold up. Ally other 3s rigs have the adjustable motor mount. Never had a bearing fail in one of them.
Me either, but I’ve run adjustable mounts too. I have one HR and one Arrma BLX.

I've run the factory mount since day one without an issue.. you could plainly see the spur had mesh distance on one side of the gear and none on the other side.. circular runout in something, most likely the spur..

The mount I see nothing wrong with at all.. havnt had an issue, but we did see what can be jammed in the bearing in short order in one of my previous posts..

Its a perfect storm for bearing failure, crappy bearings, dirt, and runout =boom!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back