Big Rock Welcome Home: Big Rock 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTitanium

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite Grom
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Nero
  6. Infraction 4x4
Drove nearly 3 hours to get her home.

Would have gotten the RPM arms but research tells me that I’m better off with the OEM units.

Not crazy about the OEM tires/wheels, TBH.

Gonna be a busy weekend.

@WoodiE a reminder to please add a “Big Rock 6s” label.

IMG_9280.jpeg

IMG_9281.jpeg

IMG_9282.jpeg

IMG_9283.jpeg

Last edited:
@MrTitanium - I just got mine a couple of days ago. What's your take on it so far? I have yet to run mine. But, my initials thoughts were that it is a very good looking truck. The only thing I really didn't like was the tires. When I was taking them out of the bags, they felt oily/slimey. I gave it a once over for screws, and for the most part all the screws were tight. Also, if you don't mind me asking, how do you have them mounted on the wall like that?

Thx.

Would have gotten the RPM arms but research tells me that I’m better off with the OEM units.

Gonna be a busy weekend.

View attachment 333739

View attachment 333740

View attachment 333741

View attachment 333742
Looks great. Congrats on the purchase. You don’t need the RPM arms IMO. To many problems than benefits. To each their own.

It’s does look at home next to the other rigs.
General concensus is Rpm uppers the rest stock. FWIW I only really break the uppers.

I'm a slacker. Slick asked me to do this ages ago. :(
Whenever you get a chance 😎
@MrTitanium - I just got mine a couple of days ago. What's your take on it so far? I have yet to run mine. But, my initials thoughts were that it is a very good looking truck. The only thing I really didn't like was the tires. When I was taking them out of the bags, they felt oily/slimey. I gave it a once over for screws, and for the most part all the screws were tight. Also, if you don't mind me asking, how do you have them mounted on the wall like that?

Thx.
I’ve yet to run mine as I just got it a hours ago. Ya… tires are mehhhh (I’m keeping them in their bags as I’ll sell them with my Kraton EXB roller. The tires/wheels drag the rest of the truck down. Doesn’t seem proportionate to the rest. They don’t compliment the body at all IMHO. Seems like Arrma didn’t do much brainstorming on the combo. I can picture Marketing saying, “Here… throw these on there and release this truck already!”.

The body is top notch. A lot of details. Sadly, the mirrors won’t last long.

My plan is to ditch the stock motor, ESC, and servo. Thinking of going with something Hobbywing-related, but I have to see what’s out there. For the servo, I have a Savox 2270AG waiting to go it.

Taking apart the diffs is my first task. Making sure that they’re clean, shimmed, and lubed. Arrma has a bad rep of skimming out on diff fluid. Then in go the M2C Racing drivetrain parts. Installing CVDs in the rear.

But…. BUT, before doing all this, I need to finish installing the Mojave 4s center diff and Kraton 4s drivetrain in my BRCC. Promised myself not to touch the BR6s until the BRCC is done.

As for the way I have them installed on the wall: I printed these out. Super solid. Not my design.

IMG_7091.jpeg

Last edited:
Whenever you get a chance 😎

I’ve yet to run mine as I just got it a hours ago. Ya… tires are mehhhh (I’m keeping them in their bags as I’ll sell them with my Kraton EXB roller. The tires/wheels drag the rest of the truck down. Doesn’t seem proportionate to the rest. They don’t compliment the body at all IMHO. Seems like Arrma didn’t do much brainstorming on the combo. I can picture Marketing saying, “Here… throw these on there and release this truck already!”.

The body is top notch. A lot of details. Sadly, the mirrors won’t last long.

My plan is to ditch the stock motor, ESC, and servo. Thinking of going with something Hobbywing-related, but I have to see what’s out there. For the servo, I have a Savox 2270AG waiting to go it.

Taking apart the diffs is my first task. Making sure that they’re clean, shimmed, and lubed. Arrma has a bad rep of skimming out on diff fluid. Then in go the M2C Racing drivetrain parts. Installing CVDs in the rear.

But…. BUT, before doing all this, I need to finish installing the Mojave 4s center diff and Kraton 4s drivetrain in my BRCC. Promised myself not to touch the BR6s until the BRCC is done.

As for the way I have them installed on the wall: I printed these out. Super solid. Not my design.

View attachment 333772

I will be going the m2c route as well. I have ordered the hw 4990 motor, and a hw max6 g2 esc for it. I'll be swapping the servo to a AGFRC A81FHM, and working on the diffs the next few days as well. I had a bunch of the Savox 2290's. I gave them ALL away. Dang noisy little things. Thx for sharing the wall mounts.

Awesome and agree on the wheel/tires, does the new rear hub have larger inner bearings?

Edit-Exploded views states they're still garbage 15x2mm roller bearings in the hubs, makes zero sense to revise the mold.

Last edited:
Awesome and agree on the wheel/tires, does the new rear hub have larger inner bearings?
Cannot say yet as I haven’t taken her apart, but I’m sure the exploded view on the site will answer your question.

I will be going the m2c route as well. I have ordered the hw 4990 motor, and a hw max6 g2 esc for it. I'll be swapping the servo to a AGFRC A81FHM, and working on the diffs the next few days as well. I had a bunch of the Savox 2290's. I gave them ALL away. Dang noisy little things. Thx for sharing the wall mounts.
I have a NIB HW Max6 with the matching 1650kv motor. Just don’t know if it’ll be a good match for this truck. I had originally bought it for the Kraton EXB.

Can someone steer me in the right direction for gearing… please? Better yet, maybe teach me how to calculate right gearing? A link or YT video would be appreciated.

Can someone steer me in the right direction for gearing… please? Better yet, maybe teach me how to calculate right gearing? A link or YT video would be appreciated.
Most of the max6/1650 guys run 20/50 and it seems to be the sweet spot. I'd start there and see how it goes for temps. Not sure how you mean to calculate gearing. It's mostly personal preference and temps after a pack. I run a lot higher gearing but i also run 12v fans on my electronics. With this truck being fireteam/mojave sized i'd start at 20/50 and see how you like it. I run 24/46 on most of my trucks with the max6 combos or 4092 1730kv hobbystar motors.

Dang. You are so lucky you got your parts. I'm still waiting on mine. But, I think I'll have to start a different thread, since I don't want to hijack yours, when I build mine. LOL

On a side note: I got to run the BR this afternoon in 20F temps. Yuck. I stopped after about 1/2 hour. It ran pretty well. No grip whatsoever on pavement, but it was better in the grass. Though it had about 1 1/2" of snow on it. Different tires will have to be acquired eventually.

Gonna be a busy weekend.

View attachment 333739

View attachment 333740

View attachment 333741

View attachment 333742
Totally getting the 6S in red. I want it to match my Big Rock 4S BLX 4X4, custom paint job nearly matches Arrma's 6S laing job..

20231128_172010.jpg

20231128_172912.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back