Felony Well !! That escalated Quickly!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still just mocking her up ….
Waiting on parts still .
Quick question….
What side skirts could a fella use that also have the tabs for body side skirt mounting tabs ??
I’m sure I could fab a set from original battery boxes???
Opinions
Ideas????

View attachment 262153View attachment 262154
Watch your temps frequently with whatever gearing you start with and adjust accordingly. Those twin 8000‘s will give you enough run time to roast electronics if you’re not paying attention.
More Parts trickling in !!!!
Scorched Ti front and rear drive shafts
And some diff cups !!!!
View attachment 262529
Where are the Tridents?!?!

Those groovy center shafts that Scorched makes. Cheese and rice, Walter!
Also those are 3s 8000 mah
Plan to run 2 , 4s
Suggest mah ?
Doesn't matter about voltage, my preference is to run the biggest MaH packs that will fit in the tray. Just saying, the higher the MaH the longer they run, so if you LVC on some small packs heat isn’t quite as critical because it’s a much shorter run. If you’re running packs that give you 1/2 hour or 45 minutes of blasting then heat can do some serious damage if left unchecked.

Last edited:
Lol
I’m lost ..
Is there supposed to be play / slop in these Ti driveshafts?
Seems excessive to me ….
But I’m definitely first time RC builder guy . Oh
And this was in the package with the shafts … the last “sentence” has me stumped!!
835622CA-1186-4BF9-B680-3EB3F9E4669F.jpeg

Lol
I’m lost ..
Is there supposed to be play / slop in these Ti driveshafts?
Seems excessive to me ….
But I’m definitely first time RC builder guy . Oh
And this was in the package with the shafts … the last “sentence” has me stumped!!
View attachment 262544
The drive shafts come with rubber o-rings that you're supposed to put in the diff cups to minimize movement of the shafts.

The rubber o-rings seat in the back of the drive cups so when the axles bottom metal doesn’t smack metal. Just a buffer, I run o-rings in all drive cups, centers and outboards.
And as for the Tridents…
https://scorchedparts.co.uk/collect...drive-shaft-arrma-limitless-infraction-felony
You’ve said you won’t be speed running, though. Those are for helping with the misalignment of the front center shaft during WOT high speed runs.

I received no O rings !
Uhg …..
I’ve got a box of harbor freight o rings
Illl stuff something in there for dampening and to reduce the slop .
That sucks. Probably why that last sentence is incomplete!😆

can anyone show me some options as to battery tray , fab , or install on my just bash it chassis ?
What are my options?
Both batteries would be on the left side of chassis
Also
With my limited build experience and actual time to focus on said build I’m having troubles picturing all the setup in my tiny brain …
Receiver mount options/ ideas !
Battery trays / hold downs !
The tabs on the factory battery trays that hold side skirts on felony body in place !!?
Any pics would help and or parts I may need …
I wanna smoke tires !!!!!!!
Dang it

Soldering iron arrived yesterday!!!!!
As did solder …
Should I be using a “cap pack” with the XLX2 / TP motor setup ?
Everything I’ve read on here says it’s not absolutely necessary with the XLX2 ?
Thought I’d ask y’all….

Soldering iron arrived yesterday!!!!!
As did solder …
Should I be using a “cap pack” with the XLX2 / TP motor setup ?
Everything I’ve read on here says it’s not absolutely necessary with the XLX2 ?
Thought I’d ask y’all….
I don't think it's necessary

Got a little bit done this morning…
O rings in rear drive cups .

Soldered the 8mm bullets onto the motor leads
As well as the male and female bullets to the QS8 adapters.
XLX2 is mounted to the $19 center brace I purchased somewhere????
The plate that came with said mount isn’t wide enough for the XLX2 mounting holes , plus…. It doesn’t clear the 58mm TP motor .
I had made some aluminum spacers and crudely fabbed a plate wide enuf to mount XLX2 , but it seemed to high for my liking??
So I drilled couple holes through center brace and mounted XLX2 using only 2 bolts !
It definitely keeps it lower and clears motor .
It’s sturdy enuf I can pick entire car up by XLX2 , however don’t know if this is acceptable, , ??
Should I be worried about vibration and possible damage to esc from mounting with only 2 bolts on one side ???
Not like I jump the think , but I’m definitely planning to be rough with her …
Wiring is……
Well … it’s wiring….
I never was very “clean” at wiring.
In fact I hate everyone that has super clean wiring ….
Pfffff lol
Opinions
Chuckles
I can take any kind of criticism.
8FF0EB62-C361-42A8-9872-E3E8BB292C20.jpeg
85792A98-0857-4660-B170-3E3A5FCF1450.jpeg
6A135AB2-89D3-4B24-B262-78A46B216412.jpeg
8291B147-FB61-4C4E-B960-438EA4761395.jpeg

Speaking of wiring…….
I purchased this TP motor used and it appears previous owner may have either shrink tubed up to motor leads at motor .
So I see no color designation or “A” “B” “C” designation on motor ….?
However
This is a “sensorless” motor correct?
So according to “Drivers ed guide” motor to ESC has no polarity????
Is this correct?
Pretty much I’m asking how do I plug 3 wires from motor to XLX2? ???
Anyone?????
I’d like to not smoke anything other than tires !!!!

Speaking of wiring…….
I purchased this TP motor used and it appears previous owner may have either shrink tubed up to motor leads at motor .
So I see no color designation or “A” “B” “C” designation on motor ….?
However
This is a “sensorless” motor correct?
So according to “Drivers ed guide” motor to ESC has no polarity????
Is this correct?
Pretty much I’m asking how do I plug 3 wires from motor to XLX2? ???
Anyone?????
I’d like to not smoke anything other than tires !!!!
Don't worry, you can't do anything wrong with an a non-sensored motor. Just plug them in and, should the motor rotate in the wrong direction, just swap any two wires and that will reverse the direction of the motor. Easy as. :)

But generally speaking, I'm pretty sure they read like the numbers on a clock face (except that they're letters) in a clockwise fashion: A-B-C.
1672406199240.png

Sensored/non-sensored really makes no difference. Order of wire doesn't matter, as above, flip 2 wires to get clockwise or ccw.

Edit: If the manufacturer is giving you specific direction, follow those. Sensor location might impact performance. Would be Vendor specific.

Last edited:
Sensored/non-sensored really makes no difference. Order of wire doesn't matter, as above, flip 2 wires to get clockwise or ccw.
I might be misremembering it, but I'm pretty sure the manual for Castle ESCs warns about making sure that the leads are plugged in correctly if you're running it in sensored mode. Although...they don't say what, if anything, would happen if you don't. I just never got frisky enough to try it out...like that guy who plunged a butter knife into a toaster with a mad gleam in his eyes just as the toaster explodes. This is such a great video... :LOL:

Back