What a great car this has been!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't listen to the haters, stay on your service intervals and she will do you right, snag you up a pricey diagnostic tool and you should have no worries for quite some time!!

Stage 1 535i F10
Just rolled 80k šŸ˜Ž

IMG_20240427_220629730.jpg

Looks great blacked out! Just gotta tint those sidemarkers to complete the look!
Thanks, I'm really a white car person, I hate dirty cars and black is just impossible to keep clean.
And trust me, my eyes are drawn to those markers every time I walk up to her. Drives me a little mad but I'm getting a wrap really soon and my guy is gonna do those markers too.šŸ‘

Thanks, I'm really a white car person, I hate dirty cars and black is just impossible to keep clean.
And trust me, my eyes are drawn to those markers every time I walk up to her. Drives me a little mad but I'm getting a wrap really soon and my guy is gonna do those markers too.šŸ‘
Yes I feel you on the black. I felt guilty looking at my dirty jet black E90 today with a layer of dirt pulling into a friends wedding

I've owned quite a few cars, but I've never missed a car the way I miss this one...'14 328i. Thing handled and performed like a dream! I got rid of the silver factory wheels and put on a staggered set from a 335i. I had the 335i wheels powder-coated black, added slotted & drilled rotors, brembo pads, black grille, and an 800w amp pushing two 12's, and did a bunch of cool coding with Bimmercode. I traded it for my current Durango about 3 years ago, at the time I had a large dog, and we'd just found out a second little was one on the way...needless to say we needed more room for the family. I will absolutely own another BMW at some point in the future.
20200402_091602.jpg

I've owned quite a few cars, but I've never missed a car the way I miss this one...'14 328i. Thing handled and performed like a dream! I got rid of the silver factory wheels and put on a staggered set from a 335i. I had the 335i wheels powder-coated black, added slotted & drilled rotors, brembo pads, black grille, and an 800w amp pushing two 12's, and did a bunch of cool coding with Bimmercode. I traded it for my current Durango about 3 years ago, at the time I had a large dog, and we'd just found out a second little was one on the way...needless to say we needed more room for the family. I will absolutely own another BMW at some point in the future.
View attachment 369167
šŸ˜³ Sleek. Very nice. You folks got some money. I should understand the territory though. It IS an expensive hobby. I got a black vehicle. A Ford EcoSport. The laughing stock of the automotive world, it seems. But, I like it, so, screw the reviews and nitpickers. At least it has AWD. That's a big deal, to me! Snow! Just got LED headlights for it. Gotta' install em.' Yellow fog lights. I'm stoked! Hopefully the cheap stuff works out. Canbus. Hope it all doesn't trip codes and such. Ecosport headlights are candle dim. Had to try to see if that can be remedied. As for longevity of this vehicle...who knows. The PTU will need gear oil changes more often. The little 2.0 liter takes sewing machine thin oil, so will always use synthetic. Worry about fuel dilution (gas in the oil).

šŸ˜³ Sleek. Very nice. You folks got some money. I should understand the territory though. It IS an expensive hobby. I got a black vehicle. A Ford EcoSport. The laughing stock of the automotive world, it seems. But, I like it, so, screw the reviews and nitpickers. At least it has AWD. That's a big deal, to me! Snow! Just got LED headlights for it. Gotta' install em.' Yellow fog lights. I'm stoked! Hopefully the cheap stuff works out. Canbus. Hope it all doesn't trip codes and such. Ecosport headlights are candle dim. Had to try to see if that can be remedied. As for longevity of this vehicle...who knows. The PTU will need gear oil changes more often. The little 2.0 liter takes sewing machine thin oil, so will always use synthetic. Worry about fuel dilution (gas in the oil).
Thank you brother. Hey as long as YOU like your car, and it gets you where you need to go, that's all that matters. Screw everyone elses' opinions. I had a lot less responsibilty back then, so I could "play" a little more. Now, I have a family to take care of. Truth be told I wish I had an EcoSport or some small 4 banger engine, my current truck drinks gas like it's free. Personalize it, make it YOURs, and enjoy all the money you're saving in fuel & repairs my man šŸ»

Thank you brother. Hey as long as YOU like your car, and it gets you where you need to go, that's all that matters. Screw everyone elses' opinions. I had a lot less responsibilty back then, so I could "play" a little more. Now, I have a family to take care of. Truth be told I wish I had an EcoSport or some small 4 banger engine, my current truck drinks gas like it's free. Personalize it, make it YOURs, and enjoy all the money you're saving in fuel & repairs my man šŸ»
^^^^^^^^ truth! The best cars are the ones that are paid for from day one. In the end, it's just transportation.I've made a lot of mistakes buying some nice rides that I really couldn't afford. Couldn't afford = had a car payment. Funny how your thinking changes as you age. Now I'm motivated to see just how many miles I can get out of my 20 year old liberty! :LOL:

Last edited:
Thank you brother. Hey as long as YOU like it, and it gets you where you need to go, that's all that matters. Screw everyone elses' opinions. Truth be told I wish I had an EcoSport or some small 4 banger engine, my current truck drinks gas like it's free. Personalize it, make it YOURs, and enjoy all the money you're saving in fuel & repairs my man šŸ»
Thanks, man! Makes me feel better lol. Kinda does, really. People pick on those little vehicles. It's all I could get, but I personally feel rich with something this new and nice! Had 9,000 miles on it when I got it. Got plans on preventing rust, doing my own oil changes, getting these lights in, got cheaper weather-tech knock-off mats. It's all clean and nice. Sunroof. Can play tunes with USB stick/thumb drive, huge computer screen in the middle of the dash. I frickin' loves this thing. No, it has no low end torque, but gets up and boogies at high RPM. Unlike Chevy Traxx, it's AWD system is always engaged from stops. It doesn't wait for slippage to happen. Also unlike the Traxx, it's engine won't fail at 40-60,000 miles because of any infamous timing chain flaw. Better to have 4 cylinders than the Traxx's new 3 banger. But I'll shut up now. Just genuinely stoked about something new! Haven't had a different vehicle since 2012. Last one rusted in half underneath. At 44,000 miles.

^^^^^^^^ truth! The best cars are the ones that are paid for from day one. In the end, it's just transportation.I've made a lot of mistakes buying some nice rides that I really couldn't afford. Couldn't afford = had a car payment. Funny how your thinking changes as you age. Now I'm motivated to see just how many miles I can out of my 20 year old liberty! :LOL:
I'm right there with you man lol. I'm keeping my current truck until the wheels fall off...I have No interest in re-starting the payment clock. I'll always be a car guy, but your priorities definitely change with age.

I'm right there with you man lol. I'm keeping my current truck until the wheels fall off...I have No interest in re-starting the payment clock. I'll always be a car guy, but your priorities definitely change with age.
It actually does. In my mid forties, and stopped caring about speed. My first car had a big block TNT 440 swapped in after two 318's. Was stomping brand new camaros back in late 90's with it. Those days are long gone.

It actually does. In my mid forties, and stopped caring about speed. My first car had a big block TNT 440 swapped in after two 318's. Was stomping brand new camaros back in late 90's with it. Those days are long gone.
Now that, sounds like a good time! I definitely tend to drive a little slower now than I did back in my 20's lol. I still enjoy going fast, but I have a lot more to lose now.

I'll say!! I went from "jacked up" 4x4's to V8 RWD.. to econo-box's. Tercel, Scion xB.. "life changes" that's for sure. LOL

Back