What are these called?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe they added those as a way to prevent someone from accidentally trying to plug them in the wrong way? 🤷‍♂️
I thought about this also since it's only on the red cable but that wouldn't make much sense since the cables are already color coded .

I am color blind. I have Deuteranomaly.
Same here. Though I can't member offhand if I have deuteranomaly or protanomaly.

Something about this sounds like the plot of a South Park episode where deuteranomalists are being discriminated against by the protanomalists. Then Cartman joins the deuteranomalists, they capture the others in cages and order a big cauldron of molten lava to throw them into to the Hilton conference room...

I thought about this also since it's only on the red cable but that wouldn't make much sense since the cables are already color coded .
If you look closely it is on the black one but on the esc side.

If you look closely it is on the black one but on the esc side.
Looking at it again, I don't think this serves any kind of mechanical function such as holding the connectors together. I suspect that it's just an added layer of safety since bullet connections rarely mate up tight with no metal showing. So to prevent arcing/shorts...put a rubber on it.

Looking at it again, I don't think this serves any kind of mechanical function such as holding the connectors together. I suspect that it's just an added layer of safety since bullet connections rarely mate up tight with no metal showing. So to prevent arcing/shorts...put a rubber on it.
Again it's not needed .remove it and be done with it
What is the clear plastic thing over the bullet connector called?

View attachment 294564
It's on the red . positive
Slick reamember your color blind .🤣🤣
This is what shrink tube is for..🤦

Last edited:
Again it's not needed .remove it and be done with it

This is what shrink tube is for..🤦
I didn't ask if you think that it's needed. I'm not even the one using them or asking about them, so I won't be removing them or be done with them. I was only speculating as to its purpose. The slightly more pressing issue, however, is that the things you say lead me to believe that you haven't exactly been following along all that well and along the way you've made virtually zero effort to understand what someone else would use them for or why they might choose to use them, instead choosing to stick to your dogmatic perspective of "do not want", so you'll have to forgive me when I don't take your assessment all that seriously. If you don't want to use them, fine. Don't use them. But to just incessantly repeat that someone else doesn't need them according to some arbitrary reason that you have yet to articulate, isn't particularly helpful.

And yeah, no. Yeah. NO.

I didn't ask if you think that it's needed. I'm not even the one using them or asking about them, so I won't be removing them or be done with them. I was only speculating as to its purpose. The slightly more pressing issue, however, is that the things you say lead me to believe that you haven't exactly been following along all that well and along the way you've made virtually zero effort to understand what someone else would use them for or why they might choose to use them, instead choosing to stick to your dogmatic perspective of "do not want", so you'll have to forgive me when I don't take your assessment all that seriously. If you don't want to use them, fine. Don't use them. But to just incessantly repeat that someone else doesn't need them according to some arbitrary reason that you have yet to articulate, isn't particularly helpful.

And yeah, no. Yeah. NO.
You are such a jerk.one of the reasons I don't like to respond to any of your 🤬 remarks .ever since day one that I joined here you gave me a sour taste about you..your negativity and your personality that you think you know it all is disgusting.i stayed quiet for awhile but you just keep picking away hoping I'll say something to get myself banned or kicked..lol I find this all humorous.🤣👍 Keep doing what you do.keep replying with unfriendly remarks that just makes me 🤣.this is not the place to hate..and I won't let you get to me ..you seem miserable.its a shame .I got some real good bud if you need to relax a bit buddy ole pal.want some ? 😁👍
@slick2500 I apologize for the thread derail.listen if you want to keep it on to keep the bullet connectors from shorting each other out that's fine . If you were going to make a permanent connection then shrink tube is best .you already know that. I'm sure you already made your choice on what your going to do..hope everything turns out good for ya..😁👍

Last edited:
You are such a jerk.one of the reasons I don't like to respond to any of your 🤬 remarks .ever since day one that I joined here you gave me a sour taste about you..your negativity and your personality that you think you know it all is disgusting.i stayed quiet for awhile but you just keep picking away hoping I'll say something to get myself banned or kicked..lol I find this all humorous.🤣👍 Keep doing what you do.keep replying with unfriendly remarks that just makes me 🤣.this is not the place to hate..and I won't let you get to me ..you seem miserable.its a shame .I got some real good bud if you need to relax a bit buddy ole pal.want some ? 😁👍
@slick2500 I apologize for the thread derail.listen if you want to keep it on to keep the bullet connectors from shorting each other out that's fine . If you were going to make a permanent connection then shrink tube is best .you already know that. I'm sure you already made your choice on what your going to do..hope everything turns out good for ya..😁👍
I didn't want them to be permanent, I wanted to be able to swap the one harness from car to car, hence the reason I was looking into those things. But I am going to do without.

I

spin meat GIF
LOL. That is about the reality of it!

Well yeah, I'm old enough to know who I am. I'm not sure where you get the idea from that I want you to get banned. Why would I want that? I think it's cute that you think it matters so much to me that I'd engage in nonsense like that, but I'd have to care, at least a little bit, to even think about it. The only person who thinks that I have any interest in seeing you banned or kicked, is you. I can assure you that I don't.

Please let me know next time I know it all. I'm always very cautious and couch my statements with caveats and qualifiers. I use a lot of phrases like, that this is my impression; I get the sense that; I'm not 100% certain on that, might want to get confirmation from someone who knows; etc. I'm so far from knowing everything and I'm only all too aware of it. Every piece of new information throws up at least two new questions, so I'm actually working backwards. One step forward, two steps back. Which is why I avoid speaking in absolutes unless it's the rare occasion that it's one of the three things I feel like I actually know. This is all just banter as far as I'm concerned. I keep my trap shut ten times more than I open it. I'm just not physically capable of keeping it shut all the time.

Well yeah, I'm old enough to know who I am. I'm not sure where you get the idea from that I want you to get banned. Why would I want that? I think it's cute that you think it matters so much to me that I'd engage in nonsense like that, but I'd have to care, at least a little bit, to even think about it. The only person who thinks that I have any interest in seeing you banned or kicked, is you. I can assure you that I don't.

Please let me know next time I know it all. I'm always very cautious and couch my statements with caveats and qualifiers. I use a lot of phrases like, that this is my impression; I get the sense that; I'm not 100% certain on that, might want to get confirmation from someone who knows; etc. I'm so far from knowing everything and I'm only all too aware of it. Every piece of new information throws up at least two new questions, so I'm actually working backwards. One step forward, two steps back. Which is why I avoid speaking in absolutes unless it's the rare occasion that it's one of the three things I feel like I actually know. This is all just banter as far as I'm concerned. I keep my trap shut ten times more than I open it. I'm just not physically capable of keeping it shut all the time.

I'm Absolutely Certain that it's the Weekend and All we need is a few rounds of beers to clear all this friction

Happy Hour Drinking GIF

-to be put behind us.

Just use Clear shrink wrap or any color will do.:giggle:
Short story long I want to copy this EZ bullet connect idea so I can extend the super short wires on the Castle MM2 so that I can run the battery tray in the rear position on my Fireteam and also do this mod to all of my 6s escs so instead of needing 16 XT90 connectors I only need 2.

https://www.radiocontrolpower.com/qs8-xt90-anti-spark
Thats brilliant....got ya.

I'm Absolutely Certain that it's the Weekend and All we need is a few rounds of beers to clear all this friction

Happy Hour Drinking GIF

-to be put behind us.
I celebrated 10 years sober 13 days ago. But that doesn't preclude me from appreciating the sentiment. :) 🍻

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back