What are these called?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still say it's fish (tank) tubing.

spin meat GIF
It's the same type of material that is used for alligator clip covers.

Short story long I want to copy this idea so I can extend the super short wires on the Castle MM2 so that I can run the battery tray in the rear position on my Fireteam and also do this mod to all of my 6s escs so instead of needing 16 XT90 connectors I only need 2.

https://www.radiocontrolpower.com/qs8-xt90-anti-spark
I run my sh!t the same way without that clear plastic piece perfectly fine. I run one male and 1 female plug on my packs depending on the unit with 0 problems. Mainly for less connections when in series. Only thing is the different plugs I need to charge them with, but it doesn't really bother me.

Looks like someone just threw it on.i never seen clear tubing on a adapter.you don't even know if it's heat resistant.plug could get hot and melt that poop right off

Last edited:
I run my sh!t the same way without that clear plastic piece perfectly fine. I run one male and 1 female plug on my packs depending on the unit with 0 problems. Mainly for less connections when in series. Only thing is the different plugs I need to charge them with, but it doesn't really bother me.

So the bullets hold together just fine? That was my main concern going this route was having the bullets come unplugged.

You don't need it unless you like the clear view.shrink tubing is best honestly.
Is best for what? Have you even understood what he needs it for or is whatever assumption you've made sufficient to you? Whether it has anything to do with what he needs it for is a question that just doesn't even seem to enter your peripheral vision. Clear shrink tube has its place...this isn't one of them.

Yep. If they start to become a bit loose, I'll use a Torx driver to spread the bullets apart a bit, then they are in there tighter than a bull frogs butthole.
Maybe they added those as a way to prevent someone from accidentally trying to plug them in the wrong way? 🤷‍♂️

Maybe they added those as a way to prevent someone from accidentally trying to plug them in the wrong way? 🤷‍♂️
Could well be. As we all know, safety comes third. Or possibly to increase the water resistance of the connection?

Could be. I've seen some pretty messed up things that people do in this hobby as you have as well. For me it's pretty hard to mess up Black to Black/Red to Red. :LOL:
People am dumb.

Could be. I've seen some pretty messed up things that people do in this hobby as you have as well. For me it's pretty hard to mess up Black to Black/Red to Red. :LOL:
Yeah, but that's only because you're not color blind.

That's brilliant. I just raised a few nubs on a piece of paper to remind myself tomorrow to put that into production.

Speaking of..
Do Blind folks RC too?

If so, do they speed run.. going strictly by sound??

Speaking of..
Do Blind folks RC too?

If so, do they speed run.. going strictly by sound??
That sounds safe. I've just been running down the street with a Blutooth speaker making RC noises in my hand, they honestly can't tell the difference. But I have to admit...I like your idea better.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back