What did you print/CAD today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I started to read post, I thought, he will 3D print new feet inserts / pads. Well done. That leg looks like just a flat pressed paper board, wrapped around a die / folded into a square & glued. Maybe the 3D foot needs to encase the outside / inside to keep from splitting the glue.

As I started to read post, I thought, he will 3D print new feet inserts / pads. Well done. That leg looks like just a flat pressed paper board, wrapped around a die / folded into a square & glued. Maybe the 3D foot needs to encase the outside / inside to keep from splitting the glue.

You are correct ,sir.
I did design a square channel in the spiked foot for the hollow leg to slip into and encase the lower portion.

I thought I had included that screenshot.. must have erased it by accident.
Will repost that image ,in a bit.

You are correct ,sir.
I did design a square channel in the spiked foot for the hollow leg to slip into and encase the lower portion.

I thought I had included that screenshot.. must have erased it by accident.
Will repost that image ,in a bit.
Oops, I see it now, the channel, in the very 1st design picture, on the right, exploded view. My bad. Nice work Tex. The spikes, tho, would be much worse than Legos at night to step on if they made their way off the table leg... out in the floor.

Hey guys, I’m getting back into 3d printing and hoping to start doing molds and hand laminating carbon fiber. Printing a E30 M3 BMW right now, wondering what this bubbling/inconsistency is across most of my print? Any ideas on how to fix it? 195C, PLA, 60mm/sec

Edit: Odd that the pic didn’t attach, this work? @Tex Koder
IMG_0488.jpeg

Last edited:
Oops, I see it now, the channel, in the very 1st design picture, on the right, exploded view. My bad. Nice work Tex. The spikes, tho, would be much worse than Legos at night to step on if they made their way off the table leg... out in the floor.

oh no big deal.
I think my screenshot got corrupted some how when I added it before.. 🤷‍♂️

Just added the pic back. 👍

Hey guys, I’m getting back into 3d printing and hoping to start doing molds and hand laminating carbon fiber. Printing a E30 M3 BMW right now, wondering what this bubbling/inconsistency is across most of my print? Any ideas on how to fix it? 195C, PLA, 60mm/sec

Let's take a look..
Pics?

Edit: Odd that the pic didn’t attach, this work? @Tex Koder
View attachment 357256

Photo is a bit fuzzy..
(At least on my phone)

What is that part suppose to be?

Is That the finished print? Or are there more to it??

Sorry. My camera isn’t great. It’s not even 10% done here. View attachment 357258

The bottom piece by the cord is like rippled almost. Super confusing

I just downloaded the files
and took a look at them in Cura..

I can see a problem already..
1711585043475.png

The design file for the main halves of the E30 M3 is not "level"/flat...

Look at the four Alignment Pins..
They don't show up until Layer 2 >>
1711585462868.png

Which means your printer is printing unevenly going strictly off of that file.

You need to either:
a). Remove the pins & print the body halves by themselves. Then print the pins separately.
b). OR, select that whole file in Cura and move it down on Z = -0.1
. (to force it / insure the first layer is Flat ,before you slice & send it to print.)

I just downloaded the files
and took a look at them in Cura..

I can see a problem already..
View attachment 357316

The design file for the main halves of the E30 M3 is not "level"/flat...

Look at the four Alignment Pins..
They don't show up until Layer 2 >>
View attachment 357318

Which means your printer is printing unevenly going strictly off of that file.

You need to either:
a). Remove the pins & print the body halves by themselves. Then print the pins separately.
b). OR, select that whole file in Cura and move it down on Z = -0.1
. (to force it / insure the first layer is Flat ,before you slice & send it to print.)
Wow. Thank you!

There you go.

Looks good from here. 👍
My biggest issue right now is that I have the idea in my head of what I want it to look like but I haven't figured out how to get what I have in my head into the program.

Day 2 of me learning cad. I'm getting there.

View attachment 357336
Cool! Is that a 30x30 dual fan mount/cover? What CAD you got? Great on day 2 dude! I have Fusion 360 still haven't gotten into a bunch.

Nice! F360 is a good program. Check out Lars Christensen on YouTube. I found his tutorials extremely helpful.
I zoomed in! I see it. Awesome! I'll check that out as well.

Cool! Is that a 30x30 dual fan mount/cover? What CAD you got? Great on day 2 dude! I have Fusion 360 still haven't gotten into a bunch.
I use CAD for complicated things, but that fan cover you could make in 90 seconds in tinkercad :ROFLMAO:. I only use solidworks or autodesk when i have to as they take so much more time to produce basic easy parts. Tinkercad has massive limitations but its stupid fast for basic to intermediate objects. Ive actually raced a few collogues at work as people usually don't believe me when I say I can make something and click print within a minute or two, we will picked an item in the office, grab a caliper and set off to make said object, I am always done in minutes lol.

I use CAD for complicated things, but that fan cover you could make in 90 seconds in tinkercad :ROFLMAO:. I only use solidworks or autodesk when i have to as they take so much more time to produce basic easy parts. Tinkercad has massive limitations but its stupid fast for basic to intermediate objects. Ive actually raced a few collogues at work as people usually don't believe me when I say I can make something and click print within a minute or two, we will picked an item in the office, grab a caliper and set off to make said object, I am always done in minutes lol.
I'm an old pro at FC

I zoomed in! I see it. Awesome! I'll check that out as well.
40x40. You should see my first attempt it was bad 🤣

image-1.png

I tried tinkercad didn't like it very much. Fusion just seemed so much easier to use for me. I even tried freecad but didn't care much for that either. That was seriously just me seeing what I could do on my own. My latest version is completely different.

Last edited:
40x40. You should see my first attempt it was bad 🤣

View attachment 357412
There are some cool tricks that Larz Christianson teaches.
For example if you setup the bolt holes a certain distance from the 40mm fan hole you cut. Then you change where the fan holes are placed and the bolt holes would move with it. Or if you change the main structure those features are not in the wrong place. They would stay relative to the main 40mm fan hole always.

It is worth going through some of his video tutorials.

Back