What do you do with all the transmitters?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r4nd0m

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
After the missus gave me a few bad looks today, I took some time to go through various cupboards and boxes to see what actually needs keeping and what could make its way to the dump - I tend to keep a lot of boxes due to warranty returns and have to admit I missed plenty of them of things which are out of warranty or wont be sold so packaging is no longer required to be kept.

Anywho - while going through my rc stuff I found various transmitters:

2x Spektrum DX2E - older model
1x Spektrum DX2E - newer version
2x Spektrum DX2L
1x Spektrum STX2
1x Spektrum DX4R Pro (my current one) - DX5 Pro should arrive Tuesday ...

So what do you guys do with all the surplus transmitters - especially given the fact that pretty much every model comes with a brand new transmitter.

Genuinely wondering ands shocked that I have that many unused transmitters :(

After the missus gave me a few bad looks today, I took some time to go through various cupboards and boxes to see what actually needs keeping and what could make its way to the dump - I tend to keep a lot of boxes due to warranty returns and have to admit I missed plenty of them of things which are out of warranty or wont be sold so packaging is no longer required to be kept.

2x Spektrum DX2L
1x Spektrum STX2

So what do you guys do with all the surplus transmitters - especially given the fact that pretty much every model comes with a brand new transmitter.

Keep one transmitter per car. Then sell the extras. That way if a friend wants to join you, you aren’t short a transmitter. I personally don’t like keeping cars I do not use and get annoyed by re pairing transmitters to cars. So the 1:1 ratio works for me.

Not really reached that stage yet. I've only got 3...
but as they keep mounting up I'll probably keep a couple of the best ones as spares or projects... and probs sell the sellables and bin the rest.

Keep one transmitter per car. Then sell the extras. That way if a friend wants to join you, you aren’t short a transmitter. I personally don’t like keeping cars I do not use and get annoyed by re pairing transmitters to cars. So the 1:1 ratio works for me.
wow - never thought about that but that means I'd a) trust friends with my models and b) I need to buy more DX5 pros - I don't like the DX2s that come with most of the models hence I went for a different transmitter with model memory so I don't need to shell out stupid amounts just so I got a transmitter per model ...

should i start a "show how you destroyed your stx2 transmitter thread?"
thats the other thing - all my models run on Spektrum but the only time I use FHSS is on my air models with Futaba and even thats rare ... obviously most are FAST/EST ... not sure why Spektrum moved to FHSS on that one ...

Toss them in a cabinet. I just use my old Futaba 4px or my older spektrum DX3r. I have a flysky gt3b that I don't really like (mainly because my thumb hits the 3rd channel accidentally all the time).

I have too many radios too. For my ground vehicles I'm working to get them all on one system so I can get rid of the excess. Having a tough time finding receivers in the US but in time I hope to be in good shape with 20 model memory. I ordered a couple rx yesterday but slow boat from China and if they come in and all work, I'll order a few more from the same seller.
There really is so much stuff to have on-hand in this hobby and it's hard to store it all ...and for me, hardest to keep up with it.

Buy some cheap servos and use them to control things around the house. Feed cat, transmitter one channel one, water plants channel two....
Here’s a pic of @Jimbobjr coming down for breakfast

869B39E1-F842-4471-AAED-B85FCB16D0D8.gif

2x Spektrum DX2L
1x Spektrum STX2

I wish you were over here. I could use the DX2E for the Losi SBR that's coming today. It's a bind-n-drive so does not come with transmitter.

I tell you what I have more tx then cars at this point. I only ever keep 2 to 3 cars on hand and sell the better tx with it... I have all the receivers to them. Maybe bag them up and donate to the local track.

2x Spektrum DX2L
1x Spektrum STX2

6X TRAXXAS
2X Spektrum
2X X-RIDER
My favourite is Futaba T7PXR

78390A26-4305-437E-B998-AC7C6D843076.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back