What do you do with your boxes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m a box and papers guy figuring the resale would be higher. But I’m not selling any of these rigs. Well maybe the traxxas.

I guess I’ll Toss these boxes once and for all.

Heartbreaking

I’ve got a box for a Kraton 8s with receipt from sale though now fading, big rock box, and an airplane box. Do you guys chuck these? Am I nuts for saving them all this time? I bought K8S in 2020 and big rock at launch.
Yeah after my 7th Arrma 6s rig. I had to toss those large RTR boxes. They took up a whole room!!!
My older Kit build boxes are very small. And the vintage old boxes I did keep. I still have the models for them. It seems that 20+ yo popular models are worth more with the manuals and OE boxes. I cant see Arrma boxes being worth anything. Arrma is a young brand from 2009. The Nero may just be the only Arrma classic at this time. IDK. Just my guess. Unless you want to store them back in their boxes, toss them.?? I display my models. Best to store the boxes in sealed plastic bags. They will look like new for years to come if keeping them. The boxes are only worth anything for shipping purposes or if collecting the models as an investment. Just that RC cars are poor investments anyway. Hard to predict what will be a valued Vintage Classic RC these days 30+ years forward. I think those days are long gone.

Last edited:
I keep all manuals/documentation and toss the box after about 10 days or so once I'm sure there's no need to send it back. It's amazing the amount of space the boxes can take up.
I’m amazed at how I worked around these for so long. I have no space under my work stations for my feet. It’s pretty uncomfortable, but so is how easily I spend money on these things. 😱

I’ve got a dozen or so large boxes and lots of little boxes. Usually I keep them until the warranty expires or I feel I’m never going to ship them anywhere.. Guess I’m a hoarder too! 🥴
But now that it’s been brought to my attention, I really should dispose of some. 👍
Keep some to ship your train horns.

Oooo I like this!!! Free backed posters!

No earthquakes where you are at? :oops: That 8s is hanging by a thread 😄.
Oh man, falling off the wall mount onto the floor of the garage from an earthquake would be the smallest impact that car has ever taken.

I have been keeping them, was thinking if I ever got rid of any, I know the buyers would be thrilled to have everything intact.. well now I got like 6 boxes taking up space!! 🤣
It works well if you want the best price. I sold my limitless boxed with instructions the tools that came with the car & any stock parts I had removed. buyers like it

Screenshot_20230805-123344.png

It works well if you want the best price. I sold my limitless boxed with instructions the tools that came with the car & any stock parts I had removed. buyers like it
I have a problem where I keep boxes of things I have no intention on selling. For example, I still have the box from my iMac from 2009. I still use the computer, so in my mind the box still stays. 😂

I have a problem where I keep boxes of things I have no intention on selling. For example, I still have the box from my iMac from 2009. I still use the computer, so in my mind the box still stays. 😂

I still have my 1999 iMac, 2003 17" MacBook Pro, 2003 Power Mac G4 🤓

All still functional.
But in storage.

I also have this problem but sometimes it pays off . half of my attic workshop is box storage :ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back