Typhon What do you recommend?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would go with a WL model and see if you like that and then scale up later. Starting at 1/8 scale with a very limited budget is going to bore you for sure when things break and you have no money for parts.

I would recommend a used model for someone who already has experience repairing that model already. I would not recommend it for a new person to the hobby.

I bought a red volcano 4wd brushless for $115usd. They are cheap and relatively easy to get parts for. The Wltoys 144001 is about as much fun you can have for $100. It’s smaller than the typhon 3s but my bet is just as fast. Handling is not great at speed because it is so small but for parking lots or the neighborhood you can’t beat it. Only problem is parts come from China and in the us it can take a while. Maybe check these out and look at videos of them. They are a lot of fun.
https://usa-m.banggood.com/Wltoys-1...aign=frank-ssc-us-all-1108&ad_id=395572890419

yes, we have the same problem in germany, the car itself can be found in ebay from some company that imports it, but the replacement parts will take 1 month. Also, all the electronic is custom, and any change means change all the electronics. And the other point wltoys is not waterproof.

I don't know what I will do, thanks a lot!

The parts train is much more critical than where or what to buy. Choice of a rig should be dependent on parts availability. Here in the States Arrma parts are never or rarely an issue. And if it is, that issue is a global one anyway due to temporary production limits on the whole. WL Toys has been popular. Parts seem available all the time globally for many models old and new. I don't own one, but have been tempted to check one out for a change of pace. I like to check out different brands from time to time without any serious commitment to that brand or expectations.(y)
WLToys Mfrs. supply Redcat with most of their products. I found that WLToys parts that crossover to Redcat were actually easier to get and sometimes cheaper than dealing with Redcat. Redcat will markup parts that are identical to WLtoys parts. And sometimes Rcat cant supply parts to models that are slow movers. RedCat will take your order and you find out months later that they will not be available. It all depends on the model. So it is a crap shoot with Redcat products in my opinion. With the exception of The RedCat Gen8 line, all their products are just rebranded and marked up.(n) And some cheaply made Redcat parts that break a lot are way overpriced. Redcat depends on that for their revenue. They keep making you replace flawed parts over and over again. Redcat has the most unknowledgeable tech support going. They are a zero at the other end of the phone.(n) Again from my personal experience.:) Don't even ask them what shock oil weight they use in a specific shock. They have no clue. Their answer is "we don't sell shock oil". :LOL: They struggle to be a hobby grade company. But they are not. They are in the Toy limbo arena.

Last edited:
The hobby shop I know close (more or less to my house) only had tamiya. In some german online shops, seems that is not a problem to found replaces of arrma. I see two more shops, but I cannot have the option to go to them to take a look.

About enjoy it or not, the rc buggy toy, I had, I enjoyed a lot, and last week I tried a tamiya neo fighter, and I liked it. (but I only tried it 5 minutes)

Thanks!

Hi,

In another Hobby Shop I found, they have the typhon 3S, but is the previous from Horizon Hobby. Is a big change? or the car is the same? They will give me some discount. But I don't know the diferences. A simple look, it seems the same car but only diferent transmitter.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Jaume.

I really like the typhon 3S. It flies off of the ramps and has excellent handeling. I’ve got the hot racing steering bell crank, hot racing pillow balls and typhon 6s shocks on mine.

Hi,

In another Hobby Shop I found, they have the typhon 3S, but is the previous from Horizon Hobby. Is a big change? or the car is the same? They will give me some discount. But I don't know the diferences. A simple look, it seems the same car but only diferent transmitter.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Jaume.
If it’s the pre horizon with the tatic radio... Get it.., especially with a discount. ?

If it’s the pre horizon with the tatic radio... Get it.., especially with a discount. ?
Definitely get it if it has the Tactic TTX300 radio. The HH Spektrum STX2 is a toy grade radio with two channels and No ST EPA. Just BS ST Dual rate. The Tactic is 3 channel, EPA, DR, with better range and has smaller foam wheel. It feels better in the hand and is constructed better plastics wise. And Third channel is great for adding lighting control. Which I added.(y) I have both radios.
STX2 is dangerous to use and control a fast and heavy rig. IMO. It Took me all of 10 minutes to realize that and I yanked it out immediately. The STX2 Frame rate is ludicrously slow, and the TH Lim. button is flawed at best.
The STX2 is a shelf queen that will never see a home with any rig I own!(n):)
Spektrum makes decent radios. I have a Spektrum DX5C and it is a gem (20 model memory.) The STX2 just hurts the Spektrum name.
Many unfortunately equate Spektrum as a poor choice in radios because of this STX2 RTR radio.
HH shot themselves in the foot with the STX2.

Last edited:
It has the ttx 300, but is with Spektrum logo, when I arrive to my house, I will upload pictures

Where is the Spektrum Logo that you see?
Tactic TTX300 is the left radio. What you want!!!
STX2 is the Spektrum STX2.
20200127_124431.jpg
20200127_124327.jpg

The spektrum/hobyhorizon logo are in the car and in the box, but the radio is the tactic.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-01-27 at 19.18.11.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-01-27 at 19.18.11.jpeg
    162.5 KB · Views: 41
Buy the BLX 3S. You will thank me later.

I thank you now. The BLX is... WAW! I don't know the MEGA, but after try the BLX 3s (also with the offer I've got) I don't found it so expensive.

BTW, how I can clear it? What did you recommend? In a spanish place I found that they say in the shower. Is that the right way? there is something better?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-01-28 at 17.26.24.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-01-28 at 17.26.24.jpeg
    158.7 KB · Views: 36
If it's a V3 or earlier, it's definately a TTX300! Makes the deal even better.
This is the 1/10 4x4 platform not the 6s platform.
I thank you now. The BLX is... WAW! I don't know the MEGA, but after try the BLX 3s (also with the offer I've got) I don't found it so expensive.

BTW, how I can clear it? What did you recommend? In a spanish place I found that they say in the shower. Is that the right way? there is something better?

To be honest, paint brush, tooth brush and some microfiber towels.
I find rinsing them off makes the screws rust and kills the bearings.

You’re welcome. I try to keep mine from getting too dirty to start and then blow them off with my air compressor when I get home. If they are wet, I blow them off and then spray with WD40.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back