Infraction What does everyone think of the 3S Infraction?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are there tyre options beside the expensive Arrma and Proline expensive tyres?

I love my Infraction 3s - it drives awesome. Just a bit more power i will try, like a Hobbywing Max10SCT... i will test.

(No, my 17mm GRP 95/99mm i will not try, it will rub the Body ugly)

I picked up a set of elevens off jennys for $44 this weekend
Are there tyre options beside the expensive Arrma and Proline expensive tyres?

I love my Infraction 3s - it drives awesome. Just a bit more power i will try, like a Hobbywing Max10SCT... i will test.

(No, my 17mm GRP 95/99mm i will not try, it will rub the Body ugly)

plastic little toy, i will buy it to 14year old relative if its cheap

this is nothing to grown up men.

6s Infraction is great for speed, and if you want a bulletproof rig you can have 6s infraction , drive it 4s, last forever
+1.
These are for children. Or very new newbs that are not sure of what they want.

The 6s line Infr/Fel/ Lim are real RC rigs with all the adjustments and not much needed to run out the box. Seems all those who get the 4x4 On Roaders, want to upgrade it like it is a 6s. Simply can't be done. Lim is best bang for the buck.
You pay for what you get out the box. Getting a 4x4 Infr/ Vendetta will make you spend more in the long run. Ending up spending more than a 6s platform.
Best to invest in the better platform. More alloys and adjustability. A mature platform that has much better support.
If considering, best to look at both a 6s and the 4x4 side by side very closely. In person, it will be obvious what the better platform is. Pictures and box art do nothing to help pick the best of the 2.

Last edited:
I really don't understand the hate about the 3s Line!! I am having a greaaat time with the 3s Line.
And why are you 3S Line-Haters in the 4x4 Section? Just to "warn" other people to not buy these cars? I don't get it.

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-26 at 20.49.48.jpeg

+1.
These are for children. Or very new newbs that are not sure of what they want.

The 6s line Infr/Fel/ Lim are real RC rigs with all the adjustments and not much needed to run out the box. Seems all those who get the 4x4 On Roaders, want to upgrade it like it is a 6s. Simply can't be done. Lim is best bang for the buck.
You pay for what you get out the box. Getting a 4x4 Infr/ Vendetta will make you spend more in the long run. Ending up spending more than a 6s platform.
Best to invest in the better platform. More alloys and adjustability. A mature platform that has much better support.
If considering, best to look at both a 6s and the 4x4 side by side very closely. In person, it will be obvious what the better platform is. Pictures and box art do nothing to help pick the best of the 2.
Every single "remote control" car ever made is for "children". You call these things investments? buahahaha. Only a child would call a "remote control car" an "investment"!

Investment definition: an asset acquired or invested in to build wealth and save money from the hard earned income or appreciation.

3s line is great to beginners

and in tight areas.

I would like to have one 3s infraction only for drifting outside, with hard plastic drift wheels on 2s

Bashing i need 6s rigs , something that is strong and have stability and weight on it. Without alot plastic stuff.

I really don't understand the hate about the 3s Line!! I am having a greaaat time with the 3s Line.
And why are you 3S Line-Haters in the 4x4 Section? Just to "warn" other people to not buy these cars? I don't get it.

View attachment 232139
I respect your point.
Not really hating 4x4's. Seems that way. If you have one, it doesn't make you any less the RC'er at all. We all have different wallets and RC differently.
Just personal preference for some. RC fun is RC fun in the end. Being practical about your purchase will make you get more out of RC in the long term. Future proof.
Title of the thread is "what does everyone think about the 3s Infr"?
It is just another 4x4. Bodies are always nice. Just that it is cosmetic.
I have enough knowledge of them and can help those who have them. And those who are considering one, their first perhaps, I have an opinion about buying one. If you call that hating, so be it. But it is not. I don't know anyone that has moved up to a 6s rig, from 4x4(s) and said the 4x4 is the better rig and costs less to operate. Many say the opposite. And to maintain and fix the weak designed 4x4 parts with $upgrade$ can really add up to more than 6s rigs.

I have the Infra 6s (even 8s with Max6 Combo) and Infra 3s.
I moved down.
At the Moment i like my Infra 3s more! Little normal tweaks, like thicker DiffOil and some adjustment.

Yes the 6s has more power, yes it is faster.
But i feel better with the 3s at the moment.
Its not so loud for other people, it needs less space (on the road/parking lot AND in the RC-Room), just one lipo, i don't worry as much about getting scratches/damages, i do little jumps, have a good time, if something breaks it wont be as expensive.

But these little Arrma-tyres are expensive and there are no 80-90mm GRP or aftermarket-tyres - that sucks!!
(On the 1/7 Scale Infra 6s you can just buy some GRPs and co...)

Hi!
I would like to buy this cute baby Infraction. I have a Felony. She's great but also a pure tyre shredder.
I would be interesting to know the lifetime of those 1/8 tyres in a "regular" use (dusty parking bashing/, no speed run) If the 4S infra could be almost as fun and preserve the tyres more than 2 runs...especially because of no aftermarket tires.
Btw, I wonder if the Louise Rocket 1/10 are suitable for the 4S infra ? (86 mm not belted)
Thanks!

Hi!
I would like to buy this cute baby Infraction. I have a Felony. She's great but also a pure tyre shredder.
I would be interesting to know the lifetime of those 1/8 tyres in a "regular" use (dusty parking bashing/, no speed run) If the 4S infra could be almost as fun and preserve the tyres more than 2 runs...especially because of no aftermarket tires.
Btw, I wonder if the Louise Rocket 1/10 are suitable for the 4S infra ? (86 mm not belted)
Thanks!
I’m running the 1/10 dboots silver on mine and they are wearing well after 4 parking lot bash runs. I’m not ‘trying’ to shred them though…

I have done 6 lipo-packs with hoons silver and they have no thread pattern left but still go strong.
Its the same with the 6s max6 combo infraction 1/7.

Hm, glad I did not buy a nitro now. This might be my next rig. Kind of wish I had not seen this now 😂

Going to pick up my 3S BLX mediocre child's plaything tonight at my LHS :LOL: . Somehow I'll have to cope with having not bought one of the "investment" 6S vehicles. Just wanted a fun neighborhood toy that's lightyears better than a Tamiya TT-02 car, but also not a full-on ballistic missile street machine like a 6S. Street cars are not my primary interest at all so this sort of vehicle is perfect for me. Mods? I won't be making any.

Until the this new Infraction was announced, I was very close to buying the Associated Hoonitruck, but just wasn't won over by the cost that's clearly driven by the Ford and Hoonigan licensing.

I still have my Mojave EXB for when I want to engage in nonsense. But most of the time I'm out driving slow as hell trail trucks.

Going to pick up my 3S BLX mediocre child's plaything tonight at my LHS :LOL: . Somehow I'll have to cope with having not bought one of the "investment" 6S vehicles. Just wanted a fun neighborhood toy that's lightyears better than a Tamiya TT-02 car, but also not a full-on ballistic missile street machine like a 6S. Street cars are not my primary interest at all so this sort of vehicle is perfect for me. Mods? I won't be making any.
Now this is funny, and accurate.

What does the AVC do? Just like a gyro do some sterring corrections? Or does it also cut some power on the exit of a slippery corner? On the wet it felt like that. Maybe some of you know more.

i have the Answer : yep, it is also a traction control system.

Tyre consumption is 33-50% less then the Infraction 6s with Max6 Combo. (both silver hoons, but 85mm on the infra 3s of cause)

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back